Philipp Petzschner Bio
- Began playing at age four or five with his father who had his own tennis school and one day handed him a racquet (at 12 or 13 he practiced more and turned pro at 18
- Nicknamed "Petzsche"
- Comes from Bavarian city of Bayreuth, same as countryman Florian Mayer
- Captured German national championship in 2004 (d. Behrend in final)
- Idols growing up were Goran Ivanisevic "because I enjoyed his craziness and you never knew what was going to happen on court" and Stefan Edberg "because of the way he played; he was so smooth and great to watch"
- Considers hard courts his best surface, especially indoors, and best shots are his serve and forehand from baseline
- Enjoys playing golf and has a 14 handicap along with playing soccer
- Sidelined for two and-half months with a shoulder injury from April-June in 2007
- Practices at the TennisBase Oberhaching in Munich
- Wife, Dewi (married Dec. 11, 2009); son, Aziz, and daughter, Natami Aminah (born 6 January 2013).
Return to > Players > P > Philipp Petzschner Profile (Biography)