Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2011.
- Prakash Michael Amritraj was born on Oct. 2, 1983, in Tarzana, Calif.
- The son of Vijay and Shyamala Amritraj, he has one brother, Vikram (15)
- His father, Indian tennis legend Vijay Amritraj, played Wimbledon for 17 years and the Davis Cup for 20 years, reaching the Wimbledon quarterfinals in 1974 and 1987 and the U.S. Open quarterfinals in 1973 and 1974
- His uncle, Anand (Vijay's brother), also played professionally and once advanced to the Wimbledon doubles semifinals with Vijay
- Prakash lists his father as his biggest sports hero because of the countless times he defeated the odds with dignity and class
- He is a business major who hopes to play professionally after graduation.
Return to > Players > P > Prakash Amritraj Profile (Biography)