Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2011.
- Nicknamed “Steps” by his countrymen
- Began playing at age three with his father, Vlastimil, who is a tennis coach; mother, Hana, is a librarian; brother, Martin, is a policeman
- His hometown of Karvina is an industrial mining town in north of Czech Republic near Polish border
- Admired Ivan Lendl while growing up
- Hobbies are playing soccer, floorball and hockey (wanted to be a goalie as a youngster)
- His favorite NHL players are countrymen Jaromir Jagr and Dominik Hasek.
Enjoys playing on all surfaces
- Considers his serve as best shot
- Since 2001, has worked with countryman Petr Korda in Bradenton, Florida part-time
- Best friend on tour is countryman Jiri Novak
- Married former WTA Tour pro Nicole Vaidisova in a Prague castle on 17 July 2010
- Coached by countryman and former World No. 2 Petr Korda (since December 2008).
Return to > Players > R > Radek Stepanek Profile (Biography) (Quotes) (Radek Stepanek Pictures)