Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2013.
- Began playing tennis at age nine
- Parents Karl and Klara; sister, Marita
- His most memorable tennis moment came when he was nine years old watching countryman Boris Becker capture Wimbledon in 1985
- Enjoys computers, soccer, basketball, watching movies and hanging out with friends
- Big fan of Michael Jordan
- Enjoys reading John Grisham novels and lists “There’s Something About Mary” as his favorite film
- Considers return and backhand as strengths and hard courts as favorite surface
- Is the only active German player to have reached a Grand Slam final (2003 Australian Open)
- Voted ATP Most Improved Player of Year in 2003 and ATP Comeback Player of Year in 2008
- Coached by Dirk Hordorff (since 1992) and traveling coach is Jaroslav Levinsky.
Return to > Players > R > Rainer Schuettler Profile (Biography) (Quotes) (Rainer Schuettler Pictures)