Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2011.
- Began playing at age four…Father, Raghav, is a botnist; mother, Sushma, is a scientific technician
- Has no siblings
- As a junior, won three US national singles events and seven US national doubles events
- Then went on to play at Carmel (Indiana) High School, earning All-State honors and became state singles champion
- Reached Wimbledon junior doubles final (w/Brian Baker) in 2002
- Played one season at Univ. of Illinois and helped team to a 32-0 season in 2003 and NCAA team title
- Also won NCAA doubles title (w/Brian Wilson).
Says biggest moments of his career are winning NCAA team title and capturing first ATP World Tour singles title in Newport in July 2009
- Admired play of Boris Becker and Pete Sampras growing up
- Considers strengths as serve and attacking style and favorite surface is grass
- Enjoys golf and table tennis…Coached by Stephen Amritraj and Bryan Smith.
Return to > Players > R > Rajeev Ram Profile (Biography) (Rajeev Ram Pictures)