Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2013.
- Began playing tennis at age four with father, Francis, who ran tennis club in Serignan; mother, Maryse, also teaches tennis
- At nine, was on cover of French Tennis Magazine (February 1996)
- Discovered by former ATP pro Pierre Barthes who ran the nearby Cap d'Agde tennis camp
- Rugby fan and supports hometown Beziers team
- No. 1 junior and World Junior Champion in 2002, winning Roland Garros (d. Recouderc) and US Open (d. Baghdatis)
- Moved to Switzerland in Sept. 2005
- In February 2008, launched 'The Richard Gasquet Foundation', which aims to help adolescents who struggle to find their place in society and who suffer from a lack of confidence
- It will use sport as a way to bring underprivileged youths back to health and enable them to rediscover the joys of life; and as a way to build a future.
Return to > Players > R > Richard Gasquet Profile (Biography) (Quotes) (Richard Gasquet Pictures)