Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2011.
- Began playing at age six with his father, Vibor, who was a tennis coach and taught his son until 13
- Then practiced at nearby club in Zagreb with local association
- Mother, Zlata, is an economist
- During junior career, reached SF at Canadian Open and QF at US Open in 2000
- Considers strength his forehand and favorite surfaces grass and indoor hard courts
- Off-court interests include listening to The Doors and reading literature of Dostojevski and Hesse
- Says he never had any sports idols, only admired musicians like Jim Morrison
- Has a 1-3 career Davis Cup singles record in three ties since making debut in 2005
- Coached by Alan Maric.
Return to > Players > R > Roko Karanusic Profile (Biography)