Biographical information from WTA. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2013.
- Coached by brother, Romeo Oprandi
- Full name is Romina Sarina Oprandi; baseliner whose favorite shot is drop shot; favorite surface is clay
- Mother, Romy, is a sports center manager; father, Roberto, is a telecommunications recruitment specialist and sports center owner
- Began playing at age 6 when brother introduced her to the sport
- Also plays soccer, table tennis, basketball, badminton and many other sports
- Enjoys spending time with her family, watching her favorite ice hockey team (Davos), movies, music, singing
- Speaks Swiss-German, English, French, Italian, Spanish
- Favorite movies are The Prisoner and Olympus Has Fallen; favorite singers include Troy, Baschi, Beatrice Egli, Sportfreunde Stiller and The Passenger
- Favorite cities are Rome and New York; favorite tournaments are Rome, Beijing and Miami
- Most memorable experience is winning Orange Bowl for Under 12s in 1998
- Most admires Arno Del Curto and Judy Murray.
Return to > Players > R > Romina Oprandi Profile (Biography)