Biographical information from WTA. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2011.
- Currently without a coach
- Left Tunis at age 13 to live and train with Nathalie Tauziat in Biarritz, France
- Is a serve-and-volleyer who prefers indoor hardcourts; favorite shots are serve, backhand
- Father, Moncef, is a physician; mother, Zeineb, is a dermatologist; older sister is Sonia and younger brother is Hassen
- Likes working out, body-boarding
- Favorite place to be is Biarritz because of the ocean and Pyrenees mountains
- Most memorable experience was qualifying for US Open in 2000
- Has several superstitions, one of which is to never put the volume on an odd number
- Describes herself as honest, stubborn, sensitive
- Admires her grandfather her all his great commitments
- Loves being a pro athlete and loves tennis
- Favorite tournament is US Open.
Return to > Players > S > Selima Sfar Profile (Biography) (Selima Sfar Pictures)