Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2013.
- Nicknamed "Stevie" and began playing tennis at age two. He started out using balloons and beach balls around his home. Entered his first tournament at age five
- Father, Steve, is a tennis coach at Rancho San Clemente Tennis & Fitness Club, and his mother, Michelle, is a math professor. Older sister, Alison, is also a graduate of the Univ. of Southern California
- Credits his father with success in tennis: "He taught me pretty much everything I know. Since I can remember, it's always been me and him out there hitting balls, having a blast. It's really been amazing. I wouldn't change anything"
- Growing up, he idolised Pete Sampras and Andre Agassi
- Enjoys music of U2 and Coldplay and likes to spend time relaxing at the beach
- Majored in Human Performance and is just short of attaining his degree (hopes to complete his degree after tennis career).
Return to > Players > S > Steve Johnson Profile (Biography)