Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2013.
- Began playing at age nine and became a runner up at a national tournament at age 12
- From Mie Prefecture
- Mother, Sachiko is a housewife, father, Koji, is a school teacher
- Has a sister, Kanako, who is 7 years older and a sister, Arisa, who is 3 years younger
- Turned pro in 2006 while in high school
- Moved to Tokyo in 2008 to train at the newly completed National Training Center in Kita ward with Go Soeda
- Made Davis Cup debut for Japan in 2009
- Broke into the Top 100 in 2012 and played at the London Olympic Games
- Considers serve and forehand – often called “dragon shots” – his strength and prefers playing on hard courts
- His fun and kind personality is well liked by his peers.
Return to > Players > T > Tatsuma Ito Profile (Biography)