Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2013.
- Full name is Thiemo Carsten Jannick de Bakker
- Mother Carlieke, introduced her son to tennis when she would bring him to local club and he taught himself how to play
- At age six he started practising with coaches from Dutch Tennis Federation
- Earned his first swimming diploma at age three and started playing at a soccer club at age four
- Ruud Thijssen, father of Nicole Thijssen (played for junior Fed Cup team) was coach at his club and recognized his talent
- He let Thiemo join practice even though he was still very young
- Has one older (Yori) and one younger brother (Kayo)
- Finished as No. 1 junior in world in 2006, capping his career with title at Wimbledon juniors (d. Gawron)
- Also won four other junior titles, in Costa Rica, Australia, Italy and Great Britain
- Advanced to SF at Roland Garros (l. to Bester)
- Considers clay his best surface and forehand as best shot
- Coached part-time by Rohan Goetzke, the technical director of the Dutch Tennis Federation, and mentored by Richard Krajicek..
Return to > Players > T > Thiemo De Bakker Profile (Biography)