Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2013.
- Began playing tennis at age three when his older brother started taking tennis lessons
- Father, Phil is an engineer; mother, Jan, works at a tennis shop
- Brother, Alec, is a lawyer; Sister, Lauren, is a grad student
- Hard courts are his favorite surface and backhand his favorite shot
- Favorite tournament is the US Open
- Enjoys playing golf
- If he wasn't a tennis player he would be a golfer
- Played the violin until he was fourteen years old
- Current goal in tennis is to break the top hundred and stay there
- Best tennis memory so far is his first five set win against Bobby Reynolds at the 2012 US Open as well as his second round win against Alex Bogomolov Jr. at the 2013 US Open
- Qualified into his first ATP main draw tournament in San Jose by winning eight qualifying matches (five pre-qualifying, three qualifying) before losing to Mardy Fish in the first round
- Stayed in Fish's house for a year
- Trains at Saddlebrook, Florida.
Return to > Players > T > Tim Smyczek Profile (Biography)