Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2011.
- Full name is Tommy Robredo Garces
- Began playing tennis at age five and progressed through years to become No. 1 junior in Spain in 2000
- Grew up playing on hard courts at Olot Swimming Club (100 miles north of Barcelona) and at age 14 first played on clay courts at Spanish Federation Tennis Center in Barcelona (C.A.R.)
- Father, Angel, a tennis coach, was a big fan of the musical “The Who” and named his son after the group (Tommy bought the movie from “The Who” to find out more about it)
- In June 2007, he and his father met the band at Wembley Arena in London
- Mother, Dolores, was an assistant tennis coach and now a housewife
- Supports FC Barcelona and favorite player is Puyol.
In juniors, won Orange Bowl 16-under in 1998 and in 2000 reached final at Roland Garros (l. to Mathieu)
- One year later, advanced to 4th RD in main draw, the most success the following year from junior to tour competition
- Considers forehand his best shot and clay his favorite surface but knows it is absolutely necessary to play on all surfaces
- Appeared in "People en Espanol" in September 2007 issue and "UK Cosmopolitan" magazine in July 2007
- In October 2007, received Men's Health "Most Stylish Man" in Spain award
- Coached by Karim Perona and Salvador Navarro.
Return to > Players > T > Tommy Robredo Profile (Biography) (Quotes) (Tommy Robredo Pictures)