Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2011.
- Plays with a double-handed backhand
- Started playing tennis aged five
- Speaks English, Czech and French
- Father, Milos, is a tennis coach; Mother, Mila…Has two brothers, Tom, a computer programmer, and Petr, a science teacher…Trained in Prostejov, Czech Republic, from 15 to 18
- Member of Tennis Canada's National Training Centre, in Montreal, since September 2010…Favourite surface is hard courts
- Favourite shot is forehand
- Favourite tournament is US Open
- Idols growing up were Pat Rafter and Roger Federer
- Hobbies includes listening to music and hanging out with friends and family
- Sports teams followed incluves Vancouver Canucks and Montreal Canadians
- Goal in tennis is "to be a consistent Top 30 player"
- If he wasn't a tennis player, would like to have been a "soccer player"
- Made Canadian Davis Cup debut in February 2008
- Physical trainer is Kieran Foy (since May 2011)
- Coached by former ATP pro and Canadian Davis Cup player, Frederic Niemeyer (since January 2011).
Return to > Players > V > Vasek Pospisil Profile (Biography)