Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2013.
- Began playing tennis at age seven
- Says, "When I was seven years old I went to a basketball club and wanted to start playing. I was tall but they told me that I was too young. Then I saw two tennis courts and started to play tennis instead"
- Father, Constantin, and mother, Cristina, are engineers; younger sister, Irina, enjoys swimming
- Hobbies include football (fan of Steaua Bucharest), fishing and swimming (competed until he was 12)
- Childhood idols were Ilie Nastase, Goran Ivanisevic and Pete Sampras
- Favourite shot is backhand and enjoys playing on clay and grass
- Fitness coach is Sebastien Durand
- Wife, Andreea, married 9 July 2010.
Return to > Players > V > Victor Hanescu Profile (Biography) (Victor Hanescu Pictures)