Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2011.
- Father, Vincent, Sr., has been instrumental in his son’s career; mother, Hilda, who was born in Colombia, also travels during year
- Won 1992 Orange Bowl title, becoming first American to win title since Courier in 1987, in his final junior tournament of career
- Finished No. 4 in world junior rankings before turning pro in January 1993
- Enjoys Italian food and Jim Carey movies
- Sisters, Luanne and Diana were top junior players and played collegiately at Duke
- Wrote a book about life on tour, entitled “Break Point” and was released in 2006
- Made Davis Cup debut in 2000 in Spain and lost to Ferrero in dead rubber
- Also competed in 2000 and 2004 Olympics
- Works occasionally in Los Angeles with former Pete Sampras mentor Pete Fischer.
Return to > Players > V > Vincent Spadea Profile (Biography) (Vincent Spadea Pictures)