Biographical information from WTA. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2011.
- Coached by father, Chan Yuan-Liang
- Baseliner whose favorite shot is backhand down the line; favorite surface is hard
- Mother, Liu Hsieh-Chen, is businesswoman; younger sister, Chan Hao-Ching, is still in school
- Began playing at age 6 when father introduced her to the sport at a tennis club
- Speaks Chinese, English
- Likes light rock music, Chinese food, swimming
- Favorite tournament is US Open
- Goal is to reach Top 30 or higher.
Return to > Players > Y > Yung-Jan Chan Profile (Biography) (Yung-Jan Chan Pictures)