Biographical information from WTA. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2011.
- Coached by Jiang Hung-Wei
- Mother introduced her to tennis at age 6 (neither parent plays); played at Si Chuan Sport Academy
- Father, Yan Chang Ming, is a manager; mother, Meng Xiu Mei, is a primary school teacher; has a cat named Mi Mi
- Favorites include the movie Lord of the Rings, Chinese music and food, author Xin Ling Ji Tang, and all handsome actors
- Other sport interests include basketball and swimming
- Relaxes by listening to music, visiting amusement parks, singing
- Favorite city is Cheng Du because that is where her family lives
- Considers herself talkative and impatient
- Admires fatherís intelligence and Jimmy Connors' sense of humor.
Return to > Players > Z > Zi Yan Profile (Biography) (Zi Yan Pictures)