Ernests Gulbis - News and More
- Nationality: LAT (Latvia )
- Birthdate: August 30, 1988
- Birthplace: Riga, Latvia
- Residence: Jurmala, Latvia
- Turned Pro: 2004
- Plays: Right-handed
- Coach: Gunther Bresnik
- 2013 Final Ranking: 24
Do you like Ernests Gulbis?
| Began playing at age five when his grandmother first brought him to a tennis court...Father, Ainars, is an investment businessman and former basketball player; ... Read Full Bio
Latest News, articles and information:
- Federer, Murray Lead Grass Events Next Week at Halle, Queen's
- to American Taylor Fritz and Germans Dustin Brown, Jan-Lennard Struff and Zverev...Gael Monfils withdrew from the tournament...Ernests Gulbis is the top seed in the qualifying, with Lukas Rosol, Sergiy Stakhovsky and Rajeev "Rampras" Ram also attempting to emerge...Thiem shocked F...
- Novak Djokovic Now Leads Andy Murray By Over 8,000 Ranking Points! Dominic Thiem Into Top 10
- 52-week movers were quarterfinalist Albert Ramos-Vinolas who climbed 23 spots to No. 32 and in position for a Wimbledon seeding. Ernests Gulbis moved up 21 positions to No. 59.
ATP 52-Week Rankings (June 6, 2016)
1 Novak Djokovic 16950
2 Andy Murray 8915
3 Roger Federer 6655
- Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray On French Open Collision Course, But The Scot Is A Round Ahead
- now meets another quarterfinal debutant, David Goffin. The Belgian continued his breakout year overcoming a first set loss to deny Ernest Gulbis in four sets 4-6, 6-2, 6-2, 6-3.
Theim, though, has lost four of six to Goffin.
"We often practice together,” said Thiem. "It's alw...
- Djokovic Nails, Gasquet Bails on Wednesday at French Open; Thursday Previews
- Granollers 6-2, 6-7(2), 6-1, 6-4 to set up a quarterfinal meeting with his friend David Goffin.
"Two years ago I was here with Ernests (Gulbis) and he played semifinals, and back then I couldn't really imagine that I'd go this far myself one day, and it's already here two years lat...
- Richard Gasquet Brings Parisians to Feet with Kei Nishikori Upset at French Open; Novak Djokovic Monday
- Wawrinka, likely not sad to be facing Ramos rather than Raonic.
On court Monday at Roland Garros will be (12) David Goffin vs. Ernests Gulbis, (1) Novak Djokovic vs. (14) Roberto Bautista Agut, Marcel Granollers vs. (13) Dominic Thiem, and (11) David Ferrer vs. (7) Tomas Berdych.
- Djokovic Wins, Gulbis Talks a Lot, Murray v Isner Sunday at French Open
- Ferrer, who beat No. 21-seeded countryman Feliciano Lopez 6-4, 7-6(6), 6-1.
Tsonga retired leading 5-2 in the first set against Ernests Gulbis after aggravating a groin injury.
"It is the same thing I had before the tournament," Tsonga said. "I just came on court pretty good, an...
- Novak Djokovic Interview - Indian Wells, Mar 15
- Djokovic InterviewMarch 15, 2011INDIAN WELLS, CALIFORNIA - BNP PARIBAS OPENN. DJOKOVIC/E. Gulbis6-0, 6-1THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.Q. That was a tough match.NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Is that a question? (Smiling.)Q. I'm sure you weren't expecting a scoreline like that. How surprised ...
- Gulbis Shows Importance of 1st ATP World Tour Title at Delray Beach
- "The Importance of Being" Ernests Gulbis won his first ATP title in his first final on Sunday in Delray Beach, fending off big-serving "Dr." Ivo Karlovic 6-2, 6-3 to capture the Delray Beach International Tennis Championships. The 21-year-old became the first Latvian to w...
- Federer Playing Better-er, Gets Revenge on Gulbis to Join Spanish Armada in Madrid SFs
- Gulbis Out; Federer, Murray on Monday at French Open
- Federer Opens Clay Campaign v. Gulbis in Rome; Djokovic, Murray Also in Action
- Nadal v Murray, Djokovic v Gulbis; French Open SF Picks And Pans
- Sharp Federer Sets Up Gulbis Rematch Friday in Madrid; Nadal Gets Monfils
- Nadal Takes Wawrinka to the Bakery, Will Gulbis Be Next? Verdasco v. Ferrer Also in Rome SF
Recent fan comments for Ernests Gulbis:
Leave your own comment: (all fields required)