Ernests Gulbis - News and More
- Nationality: LAT (Latvia)
- Birthdate: August 30, 1988
- Age: 30 years old
- Birthplace: Riga, Latvia
- Residence: Jurmala, Latvia
- Turned Pro: 2004
- Plays: Right-handed
- Coach: Gunther Bresnik
Do you like Ernests Gulbis?
Began playing at age five when his grandmother first brought him to a tennis court...Father, Ainars, is an investment businessman and former basketball player; ... Read Full
Latest News, articles and information:
- Djokovic Continues Domination; Federer, Nadal Return Wed At Australian Open
- it today,” Nishikori said. “He was playing very well, better than I thought, I have to say."
Also retiring with injury was Ernests Gulbis who was up a set on Stan Wawrinka before his back did him in.
"That's not the way you want to get through a match," the former champion ...
- Australian Open Men's Draw: Can Anyone Stop A Djokovic v Federer Final?
- He should win those over the Frenchmen. But what I see here is a now-healthy and dangerous Stan Wawrinka. The Swiss opens against Ernests Gulbis, then I expect him to beat Milos Raonic who takes oout Nick Kyrgios in his opener. From there, he knocks out last year's surprise semifinal...
- Federer Flies Into Basel QFs, Faces Simon Friday; Thiem-Nishikori In Vienna
- to clean up my game a little bit."
Next up for the 37-year-old Swiss is a Friday date with veteran Gilles Simon who upended Ernests Gulbis. Federer leads the Frenchman 6-2 in their series.
A trio of youngsters also advanced. Alexander Zverev won is 51st match defeated Aussie...
- Zverev Wins 50th, Cilic Out In Basel; Federer Returns Thursday
- Top 10 victory (was 0-6) upsetting Marin Cilic 7=5, 7-6(2).
Taylor Fritz also was a winner as was Stefanos Tsitsipas. And Ernests Gulbis toppled Jack Sock for a second straight week. The 18th-ranked Sock is just 7-20 on the year with 1,400 ranking points dropping in the next ...
- Tsitsipas Sets Greek History with ATP Stockholm Title
- Stefanos Tsitsipas became the first player representing Greece to win an ATP title, defeating qualifier Ernests Gulbis 6-4, 6-4 to win the Intrum Stockholm Open title.
"Hopefully many Greek players can achieve something like this," he said. "I would be su...
- Nadal v Del Potro, Federer v Anderson; Wimbledon QF Picks And Pans
En route to his first Wimbledon final eight, Nishikori's done what he's needed to do in wins over Nick Kyrgios, Ernests Gulbis and Bernard Tomic. Not the toughest of draws - especially when Kyrgios doesn't show up - and I did see him more than once appear to be in s...
- Novak Djokovic Interview - Indian Wells, Mar 15
- Djokovic InterviewMarch 15, 2011INDIAN WELLS, CALIFORNIA - BNP PARIBAS OPENN. DJOKOVIC/E. Gulbis6-0, 6-1THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.Q. That was a tough match.NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Is that a question? (Smiling.)Q. I'm sure you weren't expecting a scoreline like that. How surprised ...
- Gulbis Shows Importance of 1st ATP World Tour Title at Delray Beach
- "The Importance of Being" Ernests Gulbis won his first ATP title in his first final on Sunday in Delray Beach, fending off big-serving "Dr." Ivo Karlovic 6-2, 6-3 to capture the Delray Beach International Tennis Championships. The 21-year-old became the first Latvian to w...
- Federer Playing Better-er, Gets Revenge on Gulbis to Join Spanish Armada in Madrid SFs
- Gulbis Out; Federer, Murray on Monday at French Open
- Federer Opens Clay Campaign v. Gulbis in Rome; Djokovic, Murray Also in Action
- Nadal v Murray, Djokovic v Gulbis; French Open SF Picks And Pans
- Sharp Federer Sets Up Gulbis Rematch Friday in Madrid; Nadal Gets Monfils
- Nadal Takes Wawrinka to the Bakery, Will Gulbis Be Next? Verdasco v. Ferrer Also in Rome SF
Recent fan comments for Ernests Gulbis: