Fernando Verdasco - News and More
Do you like Fernando Verdasco?Full name is Fernando Verdasco Carmona...Began playing tennis at age four with his father, Jose, at their home, which had two hard courts in the backyard...Fath ... Read Full Bio
Our Scouting Report
Strengths: Physically imposing player who plays with aggressive spin on serve and forehand. (via TennisTip.com)
Weaknesses: Lacks confidence and suspect conditioning effect results.
- 8 Things I Think I Thought About Novak Djokovic's Loss To Denis Istomin
- Djokovic was susceptible to defeat in Australia, just not in the first week, not with that draw. I didn't really even think Fernando Verdasco had much of a chance. Not in a best-of-5 format. But Denis Istomin? There's no way to sugarcoat it. It's simply a bad loss. That's o...
- Nadal Says Body is Good; Murray, Federer On Deck Wednesday at Aussie Open
- Open champion Novak Djokovic aced a stern test in his opener Tuesday in Melbourne, defeating former semifinalist Fernando "Hot Sauce" Verdasco 6-1, 7-6(4), 6-2 to move into the second round. "It feels like home," Djokovic said after the match. "It feels like coming back t...
- Wawrinka, Nishikori, Cilic Escape with Wins on Day 1 at Australian Open
- to look for on Tuesday in Melbourne are (9) Rafael Nadal vs. Florian Mayer, (2) Novak Djokovic vs. Fernando "Hot Sauce" Verdasco, (3) Milos Raonic vs. the net-rushing Dustin Brown, (11) David Goffin vs. the towering former Wimbledon juniors champ (Q) Reily Opelka, for...
- Rafael Nadal: I Am A Person Who Doesn't Like Big Changes, But Carlos Moya On My Team Is Nothing New
- to start the climb back up the top of the rankings. And maybe, win a second "Career Grand Slam". Nadal fell last year to Fernando Verdasco in a first round stunner, and later suffered a wrist injury which he says hampered him from May until the rest of the year. Fortunately, th...
- Novak Djokovic: It's a Huge Challenge To Face Verdasco, I Hope I Won't Have To Defend Match Points Again
- few weeks ago - there's some question who really is the favorite to win. And there's the first round match against the dangerous Fernando Verdasco who held five match points against Djokovic in Doha and who beat Rafael Nadal a year ago also in the first round. Speaking to the assemb...
- Australian Open Men's Draw Preview: Djokovic Opens With Verdasco, Federer Lands With Murray
- task of facing Andy Murray in the fourth round. While Murray has an easy start, defending champion Novak Djokovic opens with Fernando Verdasco, the man who he had to save five match points to beat just last week in Doha and the man who beat Rafael Nadal in the first round last year...
- Andy Roddick Interview - Indian Wells, Mar 13
- started mine six months after that.Q. Can you talk about Davis Cup surface, assuming obviously clay is out. But if Nadal, Ferrer, Lopez, Verdasco all end up playing, I guess it would be a toss-up between fast hard or grass.ANDY RODDICK: Well, like you say grass, but Rafa has won Wimbl...
- Rafael Nadal Interview - Wimbedon, June 19
- player, when he is like that everybody saw that very far before, but a lot of players are doing very well here, Juan Carlos, Fernando Verdasco, Feliciano López, and myself, too. We have the illusion to change that and win here. When I did, is like, I don't know, all the work you d...
- Federer Gets Revenge on Robin; Nadal v. Verdasco Tonight at US Open
- Nadal Takes Wawrinka to the Bakery, Will Gulbis Be Next? Verdasco v. Ferrer Also in Rome SF
- Retiring Roddick Routs Tomic At US Open; Djokovic Breezes, Federer Faces Verdasco Saturday
- Roddick v. Verdasco Highlight Thursday in Montreal
- Soderling Bows Out Ahead of Nadal Rome Challenge; Djokovic, Verdasco Meet Again
- Monfils Withdrawal Sends Raonic to First ATP Final, Awaits Verdasco or Del Potro in San Jose