Fernando Verdasco - News and More
Do you like Fernando Verdasco?Full name is Fernando Verdasco Carmona...Began playing tennis at age four with his father, Jose, at their home, which had two hard courts in the backyard...Fath ... Read Full Bio
Our Scouting Report
Strengths: Physically imposing player who plays with aggressive spin on serve and forehand. (via TennisTip.com)
Weaknesses: Lacks confidence and suspect conditioning effect results.
- Poll: Who's Your Early Favorite To Win The French Open?
- is fit for five, but is Zverev? Best of the rest: Juan Martin Del Potro - Healthy, rested, will be seeded but will probably draw Verdasco to play Coric to play Nadal. Can you tennis Gods please give this guy a break? Kei Nishikori - Just one QF in six trips makes the French h...
- Murray's Misery Mounts, Falls To Fognini In Rome; Nadal Wednesday
- match win beating Carlos Berlocq 6-3, 6-4 also in the second round. Marin Cilic ousted Ryan Harrison and David Goffin took out Fernando Verdasco in three sets. Alexander Zverev, Jack Sock and Pablo Carreno Busta were first round winners. Former Top 5 David Ferrer won his 700th ...
- Del Potro Denies Dimitrov In Rome; Murray Opens Title Defense Tuesday
- ROME SCHEDULE CENTER COURT start 12:00 noon WTA -  M. Keys (USA) vs [Q] D. Gavrilova (AUS) ATP -  D. Goffin (BEL) vs F. Verdasco (ESP) ATP - [Q] A. Bedene (GBR) vs  N. Djokovic (SRB) Not Before 7:30 pm WTA - [WC] M. Sharapova (RUS) vs  M. Lucic-Baroni (CRO) ...
- Nadal, Djokovic Get Into Gear In Madrid; Murray's Slump Continues; QF Picks And Pans
- Cuevas is a clay court guy through and through. Zverev isn't, though he's on a hot streak and this week already has wins over Fernando Verdasco, Marin Cilic and today Berdych, all in straights. This one is tough, and I wonder if Zverev is getting a little tired, but I'm leaning the ...
- Murray Strong In Opener; Djokovic, Nadal Wednesday In Madrid
- round winners. Wrapping up the first round, it was a tough day for Spanish hopefuls. Alexander Zverev beat the homestanding Fernando Verdasco 6-4, 6-3. Ivo Karlovic saved 4 matchpoints to deny Roberta Bautista Agut in a final set breaker and Benoit Paire knocked out Pablo Carreno ...
- Tsonga, Simon Advance; Murray, Zverev v Verdasco Tuesday In Madrid
- winners. On Tuesday, world No. 1 Andy Murray debuts against Marius Copil. Alexander Zverev squares off against Spanish veteran Fernando Verdasco. â€œExpectations are high. I want to do well the next few weeks. In many ways, it's the most important part of the year. There's a lot o...
- Andy Roddick Interview - Indian Wells, Mar 13
- started mine six months after that.Q. Can you talk about Davis Cup surface, assuming obviously clay is out. But if Nadal, Ferrer, Lopez, Verdasco all end up playing, I guess it would be a toss-up between fast hard or grass.ANDY RODDICK: Well, like you say grass, but Rafa has won Wimbl...
- Rafael Nadal Interview - Wimbedon, June 19
- player, when he is like that everybody saw that very far before, but a lot of players are doing very well here, Juan Carlos, Fernando Verdasco, Feliciano López, and myself, too. We have the illusion to change that and win here. When I did, is like, I don't know, all the work you d...
- Federer Gets Revenge on Robin; Nadal v. Verdasco Tonight at US Open
- Nadal Takes Wawrinka to the Bakery, Will Gulbis Be Next? Verdasco v. Ferrer Also in Rome SF
- Retiring Roddick Routs Tomic At US Open; Djokovic Breezes, Federer Faces Verdasco Saturday
- Roddick v. Verdasco Highlight Thursday in Montreal
- Soderling Bows Out Ahead of Nadal Rome Challenge; Djokovic, Verdasco Meet Again
- Monfils Withdrawal Sends Raonic to First ATP Final, Awaits Verdasco or Del Potro in San Jose