Fernando Verdasco - News and More
Do you like Fernando Verdasco?Full name is Fernando Verdasco Carmona...Began playing tennis at age four with his father, Jose, at their home, which had two hard courts in the backyard...Fath ... Read Full Bio
Our Scouting Report
Strengths: Physically imposing player who plays with aggressive spin on serve and forehand. (via TennisTip.com)
Weaknesses: Lacks confidence and suspect conditioning effect results.
- Dimitrov Doesn't Diss Sofia; Cilic in Montpellier; ATP Previews
- Marin Cilic, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Richard Gasquet, Alexander Zverev, Feliciano Lopez, Mischa Zverev, Marcel Granollers, Fernando Verdasco Floaters: Dustin Brown, Guillermo Garcia-Lopez, Daniel Evans Notes: Cilic the only Top 10er but a lot of big second-tier names, along...
- Rafael Nadal: I Cannot Lie, It's Special To Play Roger Federer Again In A Grand Slam Final
- his second 5-set win over the event, Nadal met the press. Q. How do you feel? And if you remember, how did you feel when you beat Verdasco seven years ago? Do you think you can recover in time? RAFAEL NADAL: That what I going to try. I did in 2009. I am seven, eight years olde...
- Rafa Rises Up Down Under; Federer v Nishikori Tonight At The Australian Open, Who's The Pick?
- in the fifth I just didn't see that confidence. Once he gave back that break you could see the doubts, the demons from losses to Fernando Verdasco here last year and Lucas Pouille at the US Open returning. But credit to Rafa for even getting to a fifth. The 19-year-old Zverev was...
- 8 Things I Think I Thought About Novak Djokovic's Loss To Denis Istomin
- Djokovic was susceptible to defeat in Australia, just not in the first week, not with that draw. I didn't really even think Fernando Verdasco had much of a chance. Not in a best-of-5 format. But Denis Istomin? There's no way to sugarcoat it. It's simply a bad loss. That's o...
- Nadal Says Body is Good; Murray, Federer On Deck Wednesday at Aussie Open
- Open champion Novak Djokovic aced a stern test in his opener Tuesday in Melbourne, defeating former semifinalist Fernando "Hot Sauce" Verdasco 6-1, 7-6(4), 6-2 to move into the second round. "It feels like home," Djokovic said after the match. "It feels like coming back t...
- Wawrinka, Nishikori, Cilic Escape with Wins on Day 1 at Australian Open
- to look for on Tuesday in Melbourne are (9) Rafael Nadal vs. Florian Mayer, (2) Novak Djokovic vs. Fernando "Hot Sauce" Verdasco, (3) Milos Raonic vs. the net-rushing Dustin Brown, (11) David Goffin vs. the towering former Wimbledon juniors champ (Q) Reily Opelka, for...
- Andy Roddick Interview - Indian Wells, Mar 13
- started mine six months after that.Q. Can you talk about Davis Cup surface, assuming obviously clay is out. But if Nadal, Ferrer, Lopez, Verdasco all end up playing, I guess it would be a toss-up between fast hard or grass.ANDY RODDICK: Well, like you say grass, but Rafa has won Wimbl...
- Rafael Nadal Interview - Wimbedon, June 19
- player, when he is like that everybody saw that very far before, but a lot of players are doing very well here, Juan Carlos, Fernando Verdasco, Feliciano López, and myself, too. We have the illusion to change that and win here. When I did, is like, I don't know, all the work you d...
- Federer Gets Revenge on Robin; Nadal v. Verdasco Tonight at US Open
- Nadal Takes Wawrinka to the Bakery, Will Gulbis Be Next? Verdasco v. Ferrer Also in Rome SF
- Retiring Roddick Routs Tomic At US Open; Djokovic Breezes, Federer Faces Verdasco Saturday
- Roddick v. Verdasco Highlight Thursday in Montreal
- Soderling Bows Out Ahead of Nadal Rome Challenge; Djokovic, Verdasco Meet Again
- Monfils Withdrawal Sends Raonic to First ATP Final, Awaits Verdasco or Del Potro in San Jose