Garbine Muguruza - News and More
- Nationality: ESP ()
- Birthdate: October 08, 1993
- Age: 23 years old
- Birthplace: Caracas, Venezuela
- Residence: Barcelona, Spain
- Turned Pro: Pro (2011)
- Plays: Right-handed (two-handed backhand)
Do you like Garbine Muguruza?
Coached by Alejo Mancisidor ... Mother is Scarlet Blanco; father is Jose Antonio Muguruza; brothers are Asier (an engineer) and Igor (an economist); mother is ... Read Full
Latest News, articles and information:
- Muguruza Tops Venus Williams For First Wimbledon Title, Second Grand Slam
- Muguruza captured her first Wimbledon title Saturday beating Venus Williams 7-5, 6-0 in a 77-minute ladies' final.
Serving 4-5, 15-40 in the first set, the 23-year-old Muguruza saved those two set points then reeled off the last nine games over an error-strewn Williams to coll...
- Roger Federer v Marin Cilic In The Wimbledon Final, Who's The Pick?
- on grass.
But that's why they play. Venus fought hard for about 40 minutes then got rocked by the younger, better, stronger, Garbine Muguruza.
And I think that kind of applies to the men's final. We have an ageing legend in Federer against a younger, hungrier Cilic. And like Mu...
- Venus Williams Tries to Rewrite Record Books in Wimbledon Final
- body serves that left the Brit falling out of the way.
Venus in the final will meet No. 14 seed and former Wimbledon finalist Garbine Muguruza, who rolled over unseeded Magdalena Rybarikova 6-1, 6-1.
"I wasn't expecting anything because you never know how it's going to go," Mugu...
- Halep Ousted as Wimbledon Semis Set; Pliskova the New Default No. 1
- mean, I lost I think eight in a row in the first round."
In the semis she will face former Wimbledon runner-up and No. 14 seed Garbine Muguruza, who beat No. 7-seeded Svetlana Kuznetsova 6-3, 6-4.
"Obviously Kuznetsova is a very tough opponent," Muguruza said afterwards. "We all ...
- Kerber, Woz Upset; Halep Eyes No. 1 in Quarterfinals at Wimbledon
- 1 and No. 5 seeds were upended at the All England Club, paving the way for a new No. 1.
Former runner-up and No. 14 seed Garbine Muguruza claimed the biggest scalp, taking down No. 1 seed Angelique Kerber 4-6, 6-4, 6-4.
"For me, I'm still looking forward to the next months,...
- Federer v Dimitrov, Raonic v Zverev; Azarenka v Halep; Wimbledon Monday Picks And Pans
- (FRA) v Novak Djokovic (SRB) : Shouldn't be an issue for Novak here.
NO.2 COURT (11:30am)
Angelique Kerber (GER)  v Garbine Muguruza (ESP) : In the battle of the last two finalists, I like the Spaniard. Kerber's been hanging on - granted, she won! But Muguruza's sharp...
- Djokovic, Wawrinka, Muguruza Claim Asian ATP/WTA Titles Over Weekend
- Serena Williams v Garbine Muguruza In 2016 French Open Final
- WTA Finals Singapore SF: Sharapova v Kvitova, Muguruza v Radwanska
- 2015 Wimbledon Women's Final Open Thread: Serena Williams v Garbine Muguruza
- Muguruza Out, Sharapova v Bouchard And Many Frenchmen Monday At Madrid Masters
- Wimbledon Women's Semis Set: Serena v Maria, Aggie v Muguruza
Recent fan comments for Garbine Muguruza:
Leave your own comment: (all fields required)