Jo-Wilfried Tsonga - News and More
- Nationality: FRA (France )
- Birthdate: April 17, 1985
- Birthplace: Le Mans, France
- Residence: Gingins, Switzerland
- Turned Pro: 2004
- Plays: Right-handed
- Coach: Nicolas Escude & Thierry Ascione
- 2013 Final Ranking: 10
Do you like Jo-Wilfried Tsonga?
| Nicknamed "Ali"...Father, Didier, is a former handball player (European handball) and chemistry teacher; mother, Evelyne, is a teacher; younger brother, Enzo, ... Read Full Bio
Latest News, articles and information:
- Roger Federer v Tomas Berdych, Novak Djokovic v Kei Nishikori, Serena-Sharapova; Australian Open QF Picks And Pans
But hardly a sweat for Roger Federer and Kei Nishikori who both blew out their respective foes, David Goffin and the ailing JW Tsonga. And two have lost just one set each as they enter the quarters. That changes today.
On to my picks.
Roger Federer v Tomas Berdych
- Djokovic, Berdych Survive 5-Set Scares, Federer Barely Breaks Sweat in Oz
- But fortunately one more time was not enough."
Next up for the world No. 1 is No. 7 seed Kei Nishikori, who handled No. 9 Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in surprisingly easy fashion 6-4, 6-2, 6-4.
"Today was I think one of the best match I had this week," Nishikori said. "Played good tenn...
- Murray v Tomic Next on Aussie Radar; Djokovic, Federer Up Sunday; X-Notes
- (3) Roger Federer vs. (15) David Goffin, (6) Tomas Berdych vs. (24) Roberto Bautista Agut, and (7) Kei Nishikori vs. (9) Jo-Wilfried Tsonga.
TENNIS-X NEWS, NOTES, QUOTES AND BARBS
Novak Djokovic loves eating dates during matches for energy: "Dates are I think one of the frui...
- Super Sunday! Federer, Djokovic, Serena And Sharapova Headline Start Of Australian Open 4th Round
- every match, to be aggressive and take every opportunities as I can.
In a battle of Grand Slam finalist Kei Nishikori and Jo-Wilfried Tsonga lock-up. Tomas Berdych rounds out the men's matches against Roberto Bautista Agut.
"Every time we played, it was a good fight. We have a...
- Djokovic, Federer Cruise; Berdych Stops Kyrgios Show at Australian Open
- Nick Kyrgios 6-3, 6-4, 1-6, 6-4; No. 7 Kei Nishikori defeating No. 26 Guillermo Garcia-Lopez 7-5, 2-6, 6-3, 6-4; and No. 9 Jo-Wilfried Tsonga edging unseeded Frenchman Pierre-Hugues Herbert 6-4, 7-6(7), 7-6(4).
Berdych remained calm and composed while Kyrgios, who raced to a 6-...
- Federer v Dimitrov, Kyrgios-Berdych Highlight Friday At Australian Open; Unloved(?) Djokovic Sent To MCA
- but the Bulgarian grabbed a set most recently in Brisbane earlier this month.
Grand Slam finalists Kei Nishikori and Jo-Wilfried Tsonga are also on court along with Dominic Thiem who faces David Goffin in a sneaky good battle.
Then at night Serena Williams and Nick Kyrgio...
- Gael Monfils Interview - US Open, Sept 6
- him physically and break him in the head. That was my plan.
Q. Could you talk about the rivalry I guess in French men's tennis, and how Tsonga is not here and you're the top Frenchman now?
GAËL MONFILS: Yeah, Jo, we miss him for sure, because we need him for our country. I think h...
- Jo-Wilfried Tsonga Interview - French Open, May 26
- Wilfried Tsonga InterviewFrench OpenWednesday, May 26, 2010
Q. Are you not ashamed of what you did to your friend? JO WILFRIED TSONGA: Well, no. I would have rather played somebody else and win this way, but it's the way it is. That's the tournament.It's the way it is. Howev...
- French Open SFs Open Thread: Djokovic v Nadal, Tsonga v Ferrer
- Wimbledon Men's SF Open Thread: Federer v. Djokovic, Murray v. Tsonga
- Federer v Del Potro, Djokovic v Tsonga; Men's French Open QF Picks And Pans: There Are No Easy Draws Left
- Djokovic v Murray, Tsonga v Wawrinka; French Open SF Picks And Pans
- Federer In Tsonga Showdown Tuesday At French Open; Nadal Returning To Form Just In Time?
- Murray Halted At 7-7, Nadal Injured? Federer v Gulbis, Djokovic v Tsonga Sunday At French Open
Recent fan comments for Jo-Wilfried Tsonga:
Leave your own comment: (all fields required)