Jo-Wilfried Tsonga - News and More
- Nationality: FRA (France )
- Birthdate: April 17, 1985
- Birthplace: Le Mans, France
- Residence: Gingins, Switzerland
- Turned Pro: 2004
- Plays: Right-handed
- Coach: Nicolas Escude & Thierry Ascione
- 2013 Final Ranking: 10
Do you like Jo-Wilfried Tsonga?
| Nicknamed "Ali"...Father, Didier, is a former handball player (European handball) and chemistry teacher; mother, Evelyne, is a teacher; younger brother, Enzo, ... Read Full Bio
Latest News, articles and information:
- 2016 ATP Year-End Top 20 Rankings: Federer, Ferrer Fall; Pouille Rises
- the movers were David Ferrer and Roger Federer who were among the four players to fall out of the Top 10 (Richard Gasquet, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga the others).
Federer missed half the season and saw his ranking slide from No. 3 to No. 16. And Ferrer dropped out of the Top 20 complet...
- David Goffin, Roberto Bautista Agut Named ATP Finals Alternates
- Agut have been named alternates for the upcoming ATP Finals which begin on Sunday.
Both No. 10 Tomas Berdych and No. 12 Jo-Wilfried Tsonga declined invitations to the event, and with No. 13 Nick Kyrgios suspended, the alternate positions fell to Goffin and Bautista Agut.
- Novak Djokovic Falls And Now Andy Murray Is A Saturday Win In Paris From The No. 1 Ranking
- played well here before quite a lot of times. I made the quarterfinals last year and made the semifinals."
Home favorite Jo-Wilfried Tsonga couldn't make the weekend as the Frenchmen fell to Milos Raonic 6-2, 7-6(4). Murray leads Raonic 8-3 including a win in the Wimbledon final...
- Djokovic Denies Dimitrov, Murray Dominates Pouille In Paris; Tsonga v Raonic Friday
- in three over qualifier Struff, he now takes on countryman Sock and in the final quarterfinal Friday it's home favorite Jo-Wilfried Tsonga against Milos Raonic.
Tsonga had to save two match points to oust Kei Nishikori 0-6, 6-3, 7-6(3) and keep his slim London hopes alive.
- Djokovic Strong in ATP Paris Opener; All-Star Line-Up on Thursday
- 6-2, 7-5; No. 8 David Goffin edging Nicolas Mahut 7-6(5), 6-3; No. 9 Marin Cilic out-serving Ivo Karlovic 7-6(7), 6-2; No. 11 Jo-Wilfried Tsonga defeating Al Ramos-Vinolas 6-3, 6-4; No. 13 Lucas Pouille coming from a set down to beat Feliciano Lopez 6-7(1), 6-3, 6-4; and No. 16 Pablo...
- Djokovic, Murray Open Play Wednesday At Paris Indoors; Berdych Escapes ATP Finals Elimination
- of 12 against Verdasco.
Also in action on a star-studded Thursday are Stan Wawrinka (Struff), Kei Nishikori (Troicki) and Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (Ramos-Vinolas).
Earlier today, Tomas Berdych kept his ATP Finals hopes alive surviving a tough tussle from Joao Sousa 6-3, 3-6, 7-5...
- Gael Monfils Interview - US Open, Sept 6
- him physically and break him in the head. That was my plan.
Q. Could you talk about the rivalry I guess in French men's tennis, and how Tsonga is not here and you're the top Frenchman now?
GAËL MONFILS: Yeah, Jo, we miss him for sure, because we need him for our country. I think h...
- Jo-Wilfried Tsonga Interview - French Open, May 26
- Wilfried Tsonga InterviewFrench OpenWednesday, May 26, 2010
Q. Are you not ashamed of what you did to your friend? JO WILFRIED TSONGA: Well, no. I would have rather played somebody else and win this way, but it's the way it is. That's the tournament.It's the way it is. Howev...
- French Open SFs Open Thread: Djokovic v Nadal, Tsonga v Ferrer
- Wimbledon Men's SF Open Thread: Federer v. Djokovic, Murray v. Tsonga
- Federer v Del Potro, Djokovic v Tsonga; Men's French Open QF Picks And Pans: There Are No Easy Draws Left
- Djokovic v Murray, Tsonga v Wawrinka; French Open SF Picks And Pans
- Federer In Tsonga Showdown Tuesday At French Open; Nadal Returning To Form Just In Time?
- Murray Halted At 7-7, Nadal Injured? Federer v Gulbis, Djokovic v Tsonga Sunday At French Open
Recent fan comments for Jo-Wilfried Tsonga:
Leave your own comment: (all fields required)