John Isner - News and More
- Nationality: USA (United States)
- Birthdate: April 26, 1985
- Age: 33 years old
- Birthplace: Greensboro,North Carolina USA
- Residence: Tampa, Florida, USA
- Turned Pro: 2007
- Plays: Right-handed
- Coach: Mike Sell
Do you like John Isner?
Full name John Robert Isner...Began playing tennis at age nine...Father, Robert, is a builder; mother Karen, is a real estate agent...Has two older brothers, Jo ... Read Full
Latest News, articles and information:
- Federer v Zverev, Djokovic v Anderson At ATP Finals Saturday
- favorites and former champions Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic avoided an early semifinal collision after Alexander Zverev ousted John Isner in the opening match 7-6(5), 6-3.
"It's obviously great getting to the semifinals. But the tournament isn't over," said Zverev. "I am in...
- Federer Books Final Four Berth At ATP Finals, Thiem Advances; Last SF Spot At Stake Friday
- happy that I got the win."
On Thursday, with Novak Djokovic already confirmed for the weekend, Alexander Zverev, Marin Cilic and John Isner will all battle for the final spot.
The only way Djokovic doesn't win the Gustavo Kuerten group (and play Anderson, not Federer on Satur...
- Djokovic Reaches SFs Stage At ATP Finals, Cilic Beats Isner; Federer-Anderson Rematch
- will take on Marin Cilic on Friday. Cilic put the Serb through to the semifinals for an eighth time by coming from a set down to beat John Isner 6-7(2), 6-3, 6-4.
Cilic has just one win in nine at the event, and looked in trouble again after dropping the first set to the debutant ...
- Federer Back On Course At ATP Finals; Anderson Cruising; Djokovic v Zverev Wed.
- him recently in Shanghai, but wasn't at his best. I expect him to play better than he did in Shanghai.”
In the late match, John Isner meets Marin Cilic with both men hoping to stay alive in the event. Cilic leads 7-3 over Isner but is just 1-9 lifetime at the ATP Finals.
- Djokovic Starts Strong In London ATP Finals, Federer Returns Tues. v Thiem
- No. 1 Novak Djokovic opened up his ATP Finals campaign with a strong 6-4, 6-3 win over John Isner.
The 5-time ATP Finals champion has now beaten the American five straight times and in nine of 11 meetings. He never faced a break point while breaking Isner three times.
- Federer Goes Down To Nishikori In First Straight Set Round-Robin Loss At ATP Finals; Djokovic Monday
- could have gone either way."
Tomorrow, tournament favorite and year-end No. 1 Novak Djokovic opens his campaign against debutant John Isner. Djokovic leads the American 8-2.
"I'm up against it for sure. Novak has won this event five times. He's the player to beat this week fo...
- Rafael Nadal Interview - Miami, Mar 25
- moment. Q. About 10 years ago you probably would have been one of the taller players on the tour. Now you play guys like Querrey and Isner, Raonic and even Djokovic and these guys are 6'3" and higher. Do you feel like the game is going in that direction? Just gonna get tall...
- Andy Roddick Interview - Indian Wells, Mar 15
- Roddick InterviewMarch 15, 2011INDIAN WELLS, CALIFORNIA - BNP PARIBAS OPENA. RODDICK/J. Isner7-5, 6-2THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.Q. Pretty clinical out there? You pretty much did what you had to and got through it quickly.ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, I mean, going 3 for 3 on break po...
- Nadal v Djokovic, Isner v Anderson; Wimbledon SF Picks And Pans
- Federer Masters Isner; Serena v Venus Tonight at US Open
- Federer Slams Nadal, Meets Isner For Indian Wells Title; Can Big John Beat Djokovic, Roger And Nadal This Weekend?
- Djokovic, Isner Reach One Indian Wells SF; Will Federer Face Nadal In The Other?
- Cilic, Isner Upsets Add to US Open Chaos; Federer, Nadal Up Saturday
- Baghdatis Bounces Federer; Nadal v. Isner Today at Indian Wells
Recent fan comments for John Isner: