Mariano Puerta - News and More
Do you like Mariano Puerta?Full name is Mariano Ruben Puerta... Nickname is Marian... Began playing tennis at age five with his father, Ruben, who is a tennis coach and used to work with ... Read Full Bio
- Rafael Nadal's 5 Greatest Matches At The French Open [Video]
- of his dominant French Open romp in which he never lost a set en route to his fourth straight victory in Paris #4 2005 F def Mariano Puerta 67(6), 63, 61, 75 * Wins first Grand Slam becoming just second player after Mats Wilander to win in French Open debut #3 2006 F def Ro...
- Saturday SF Shockers: Djokovic, Federer Lose At The US Open; Cilic-Nishikori Final Set
- The meeting marks the first Slam final between two first-time finalists since the 2005 French Open when Rafael Nadal beat Mariano Puerta. And the first at the US Open since Patrick Rafter took out Greg Rusedski in 1997. As for Federer, what a missed chance. And you have to...
- Poll: Is There A Drug Problem In Tennis? The Case For And The Case Against
- it, must be true in tennis as well! The case against: * Where are the positive results? Few top 100 players have ever tested positive; Puerta, Gasquet, Hingis, Strycova recently. (Troicki never tested positive) * Players are tested randomly both in competition and out of compet...
- French Open Men's Final Open Thread: Rafael Nadal v David Ferrer
- Murray. The last time neither the No. 1 or No. 2 seeds reached the final here was in 2005 when No. 4 Nadal defeated the unseeded Mariano Puerta. Nadal and Ferrer are in 1st and 2nd place for the most wins in 2013. NO. 3 RAFAEL NADAL (ESP) v NO. 4 DAVID FERRER (ESP) Head-to-h...
- Will Nadal Beat Ferrer And Get His French Open Snowman? Men's Final Picks And Pans
- second fiddle, it's nice to see David get rewarded. It would be a crime if players like Martin Verkerk, Alberto Berasategui, Mariano Puerta, Andrei Medevedev, etc, made the French Open final but never Ferrer. Now Ferrer gets his chance, and perhaps his only chance, to become ...
- Will Andy Murray Ever Win A Grand Slam?
- the Big Three had it easier in their first final wins. Federer beat Mark Philippoussis to win his first Wimbledon. Nadal took down Mariano Puerta at the French and Djokovic outdueled JW Tsonga in Australia. Where's Murray's luck? That said, I do think eventually things will bre...
- Federer v. Davydenko, Djokovic v. Ferrer Fill Saturday Semifinals at US Open
- for the first time, losing to today’s opponent Federer 61 75 64. He also reached Grand Slam semifinals at 2005 Roland Garros (l. Mariano Puerta 63 57 26 64 64) and 2007 Roland Garros (l. Federer 75 76 76). Davydenko is the only man yet to drop a set in advancing to the semifinals a...
- Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal Meet Again for Hamburg Crown
- CoriaBarcelona (Apr. 18-24) Juan Carlos FerreroATP Masters Series Rome (May 2-8) Guillermo CoriaRoland Garros (May 23-June 5) Mariano PuertaBastad (July 4-10) Tomas BerdychStuttgart (July 18-24) Gaston GaudioDavis Cup vs. Italy (Sept. 23-25)2006 (26-0)==========ATP Masters Series...
ali sahib ali Says:
very good purta
Posted on April 8, 2009 at 05:34 ET
Leave your own comment: (all fields required)