Matteo Viola - News and More
- Nationality: ITA (Italy )
- Birthdate: July 07, 1987
- Birthplace: Mestre-Venice, Italy
- Residence: Marghera-Venice, Italy
- Turned Pro: 2004
- Plays: Right-handed
- Coach: Andrea Mantegazza
- 2013 Final Ranking: 160
Do you like Matteo Viola?
|Speaks Italian and English...Nicknames are “Teo” and “Matte”...Started playing tennis aged six with his family...Parents are Patrizio and Patrizia; sister, Lisa ... Read Full Bio
Latest News, articles and information:
- Varvara Lepchenko Cleared In Meldonium Doping Case
- Vavara Lepchenko was cleared of her doping violation for taking meldonium, the ITF announced today.
The 30-year-old tested positive for the drug four times in January, February, March and April but she successfully argued that the drug was in her system from using it BEFOR...
- ITF Announces No More "Silent Bans"
- a welcome move for transparency, the ITF announced today that they will now release the names of players who have been provisionally suspended for doping violations.
Previously, names were not released until they were proven guilty. But that meant players having to mysteriously ...
- Serena Williams Wins, Lines Up Kuznetsova Monday; CoCo Hot at Wimbledon
- No. 1 Serena Williams returned to her ruthless ways on Sunday, taking apart young German Annika Beck 6-3, 6-0 to set up a round of 16 meeting with two-time Grand Slam champion Svetlana Kuznetsova at Wimbledon.
"I'm looking forward to it," Williams said of meeting the f...
- Maria Sharapova Files Appeal With CAS, Seeks Full Elimination Of 2-Year Doping Ban
- Sharapova officially filed her appeal with CAS (Court of Arbitration for Sport) in Switzerland hoping to have her 2-year ban from tennis thrown out.
Sharapova and is hoping to learn of a decision by July 18.
In the release:
In her appeal to the CAS, Ms Sharapova seeks the...
- Maria Sharapova Ruled Guilty, Receives 2-Year Tennis Ban For Doping
- to the ITF, Maria Sharapova is guilty of trying to beat the system.
Sharapova today was banned from tennis for TWO YEARS as a result of failing a doping test at the Australian Open for the drug meldonium.
WTA CEO Steve Simon said in a released statement, "It is ...
- Seeds Krygios, Paire Advance on Rainy French Open-ing Day; Wawrinka, Murray Monday
- saw only five men's matches completed on opening day Sunday at the French Open. And since Nick Kyrgios was playing, you know there were fireworks.
Two seeds advanced when No. 19 Benoit Paire outlasted Moldovian Radu Albot 6-2, 4-6, 6-4, 1-6, 6-4, and the No. 17 seed Kyr...
- Chang Crushes Arias, McEnroe Wins at Seniors Arizona
- Chang made a successful return to the Champions Series tennis circuit Thursday night, defeating Jimmy Arias 6-0, 6-2 in his opening round-robin match at the $150,000 Cancer Treatment Centers of America Tennis Championships at the Surprise Tennis and Racquet Complex. John McE...
- Serena Williams Interview - US Open, Sept 12
- Williams InterviewUS Open - Saturday, September 12, 2009
Kim Clijsters/Serena Williams
THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.
Q. To the best of your knowledge, what did you say to the lineswoman out there?
SERENA WILLIAMS: Well, I said something that I guess they gave me...
- Federer, Nadal Argue Over Time Violations, Who's Right And What's The Answer?
- Rafael Nadal Slams Hardcourts, Time Violations, Says His Knee Still Hurts, But Less Than Before [Videos]
- Jennifer Capriati Rips Into Maria Sharapova Over Drug Violation
- Rafael Nadal Fights Off Nishikori, Blisters, Broken Shoelaces And Time Violations
- Marin Cilic Suspended Nine Months For Doping Violation, Will Miss Australian Open
- Was Marin Cilic Found In Violation Of The Tennis Anti-Doping Rules?
Recent fan comments for Matteo Viola:
Leave your own comment: (all fields required)