Mikhail Youzhny - News and More
- Nationality: RUS (Russian Federation )
- Birthdate: June 25, 1982
- Birthplace: Moscow, Russia
- Residence: Moscow, Russia
- Turned Pro: 1999
- Plays: Right-handed
- Coach: Boris Sobkin
- 2013 Final Ranking: 15
Do you like Mikhail Youzhny?
|Began playing tennis at age six..Father, Mikhail, passed away; mother, Lubov, is an economist...Has one older brother, Andrei, who has played mostly pro Futures ... Read Full Bio
Latest News, articles and information:
- Novak Djokovic Or Andy Murray, Who'll Win The Battle For No. 1 In London? ATP Finals Preview
- He's made semis in Cincinnati and Beijing but a loss to Ryan Harrison at the US Open? Throw in additional defeats this fall to Mikhail Youzhny, Jack Sock and Ricardis Berankis, and that signals to me he's having some confidence issues. He's not the same guy he was the first half of...
- Wawrinka Leads, Year-end Hopefuls Gather Next Week at Basel Swiss Indoors
- Indoors next week.
Looking to stand in their way will be the two-time Basel champ Juan Martin del Potro and veterans Mikhail Youzhny, Marcos Baghdatis and Nicolas Mahut who will pose early-round challenges to seeds.
Here is a closer look at the field:
- Tsonga Wins; Djokovic, Del Potro Up Tuesday at ATP Shanghai Masters
- Lukas Rosol 6-2, 6-4; Frenchman Benoit Paire outlasting Joao Sousa 6-3, 5-7, 6-1; veteran Nicolas Almagro outdueling qualifier Mikhail Youzhny 3-6, 6-2, 6-2; and American Steve Johnson defeating Martin Klizan 6-4, 6-3.
Highlights of Tuesday matches in Shanghai are (1) Novak Djok...
- Berdych v Zverev In St. Petersburg, Wawrinka Keeps Rolling; Thiem Takes On Simon In Metz
- matches as possible."
Next up is the teen sensation Alexander Zverev. The German took out his third straight Russian blasting Mikhail Youzhny 6-2, 6-2.
"I think he is a rising ATP star," said Berdych of Zverev. "I have already played against him a couple of times. We had a coup...
- US Open Champ Wawrinka in Russia, French in Metz; ATP Previews
- Carreno Busta, former champ Ernests Gulbis and Jiri Vesely...Raonic beat Sousa in last year's final...Raonic (2015), Kukushkin (2010) and Youzhny (2004) are former champs in the field.
Metz, France; Surface: hard
Seeds: Dominic Thiem, David Goffin, Lucas Pouille, G...
- Novak Djokovic: Right Now I'm Feeling Very Close My Peak Form
- the easiest ever to Grand Slam semifinal in the Open Era, included a walkover courtesy of Jiri Vesely and two retirements from Mikhail Youzhny and last night Jo-Wilfried Tsonga who succumbed to a knee injury after losing the second set.
Djokovic, though, isn't worried about the ...
- Milos Raonic Interview - Australian Open, Jan 20
- get too carried away with the numbers, that aspect, because I feel like I can move the ball around the service box quite well.Q. If it is Youzhny, any thoughts about possibly playing him?MILOS RAONIC: He's going to fight for every point and so am I. We're going to get out there. It's ...
- Rafael Nadal Interview - US Open, Sept 11
- I need to have more options to do to try to win against difficult players like today. Like in the past, I had a lot of problems against Youzhny in the past, because I was playing before two meters behind the baseline or three meters behind the baseline, all the balls higher with top...
- Djokovic Tops Youzhny, Defends Dubai Title
- Isner, Robredo, Youzhny, Cibulkova, Svitolina Win Titles
- Serena Williams, Del Potro, Youzhny Claim Titles
- Mikhail Youzhny Earns PhD In Philosophy
- Fed Cup Results; Berdych, Youzhny, Monaco Win ATP Titles
- Querrey, Youzhny, Montanes Win ATP Titles
Recent fan comments for Mikhail Youzhny:
Leave your own comment: (all fields required)