Naomi Osaka - News and More
Do you like Naomi Osaka?Father is from Haiti, mother is from Japan; older sister is Mari (also plays tennis) ... Aggressive baseliner; favorite shot is forehand ... Tennis idol growing ... Read Full Bio
Our Scouting Report
Strengths: Massive power
- Stephens, Bertens Round Out WTA Singapore SFs
- to prove ourselves and even get this far and get here." Bertens, who only gained entry when Simona Halep withdrew, advanced when Noami Osaka retired down a set 6-3 due to a left thigh injury. "When she called out the physio I think the last point she was not moving to the ball...
- Svitolina Wins White Group At WTA Finals, Pliskova Makes SFs; Stephens-Kerber Fri.
- winner of the Sloane Stephens-Angelique Kerber match will advance. But at 1-1, if Kerber loses she is eliminated. The 0-2 Noami Osaka will have to beat Kiki Bertens AND have Kerber win, to advance. Bertens gets in with a win. ...
- Stephens And Kerber Win Thrillers At Singapore Finals; Svitolina-Wozniacki Thurs.
- 2-0 in the group, but has yet to clinch a semifinal berth. In the earlier match, Angelique Kerber beat reigning US Open champion Naomi Osaka 6-4, 5-7, 6-4. "Naomi is such a great opponent. She played unbelievable and I think we both played on a really high-level tonight," Kerb...
- Svitolina, Wozniacki 3-Set Tuesday Winners At Singapore WTA Finals
- players have advanced or been eliminated in the White Group. On Wednesday, the last three US Opens champions will be on court. Noami Osaka meets Angelique Kerber and Sloane Stephens battles late entrant Kiki Bertens. Stephens and Bertens are 1-0 in the Red Group. If the matc...
- Wozniacki Tops Sevastova For Second Beijing Title, 30th Of Career
- being here, playing well, being able to win these titles. It really means a lot to me. Sevastova, who upset US Open champion Naomi Osaka in the semifinals, was trying to win her fourth career title, second of the season. "I think she played solid in the beginning. I had ch...
- Wozniacki, Osaka Advance To Beijing Semifinals
- lone two seeds remaining in the draw, Caroline Wozniacki and Naomi Osaka, both advanced to the semifinals at the Premier Mandatory event in Beijing. World No. 2 Wozniacki scored an easy 6-2, 6-2 victory over Katerina Siniakova. The Dane will meet surprise wildcard Chinese No...
- Samantha Stosur Interview - French Open, June 5
- something that gives you confidence, that you can do it even when you will be 30 or 32?SAMANTHA STOSUR: Absolutely. We played the final of Osaka last year, and I think she was 1 for 9 in finals. Then the next week she won a title. Now she's won this. I had only won two titles before ...
- Samantha Stosur Interview - French Open. June 3
- that much about that match. I know it was cold and wet and whatever. I got through it.We also played the final of the tournament in Osaka at the end of the year last year, as well. That was the last time we played. We've had a lot of matches against each other. I think we both...
- Serena Was Wrong, Ramos Was Wrong, Osaka Is The Undeniable Champion
- Serena Williams v Osaka, Who Idolizes Her, in US Open Final
- Another Serena US Open Blow-up Mars Osaka Win in Final
- Osaka Ousts Sharapova At Indian Wells; Moms Serena, Azarenka Return Today
- Serena Rolls, Trips, Rolls at US Open; Keys, Osaka, Sharapova in Action Monday
- Azarenka Meets Happy Osaka Saturday At Australian Open; Murray, Wawrinka Continue On Semifinal Path