Acapulco Tennis - 2014 Abierto Mexicano Telcel
- Location: Acapulco, Mexico
- Schedule: Monday, February 24 - Saturday, March 1
- Begins on: Men's --Monday, February 24 Women's -- Monday, February 24
- Draw Size: S-32 D-16
- Surface: Clay
- Prize Money: Men's -- $1,309,770 Women's -- $250,000
- Tournament Director: WTA Tournament Director: Raul Zurutuza
- Official Website: www.abiertomexicanodetenis.com/
- TV Schedule / Acapulco Live Streaming
Do you like Acapulco?
|Former Men's Acapulco Tennis Champions:
2009 Nicolas Almagro
2008 Nicolas Almagro
2007 Juan Ignacio Chela
2006 Luis Horna
2005 Rafael Nadal
2004 Carlos Moya
2003 Agustin Calleri
2002 Carlos Moya
2001 Gustavo Kuerten
2000 Juan Ignacio Chela
1998 Jiri Novak
1997 Francisco Clavet
1996 Thomas Muster
1995 Thomas Muster
1994 Thomas Muster
1993 Thomas Muster
1982 Tomas Smid
1978 Raul Ramirez
1977 Ilie Nastase
The latest Acapulco tournament news:
- Andy Murray: My Back's Been Very Good So I'm Close To Being Completely Match Fit
- ery last fall, Andy Murray says he's now close to being match fit ahead of the Masters 1000 Indian Wells.
"Acapulco helped me a lot, I played a lot of long, tough matches, late finishes," Murray said of his semifinal last wee...
- Dimitrov, Delbonis, Cibulkova Win Tennis Titles
- final, but he played the important points better and that's tennis," he said.
Dimitrov, Cibulkova Capture Acapulco Titles
Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov and Slovak Dominika Cibulkova captured titles at the joint ATP/WTA even i...
- Novak Djokovic: I'm Not Satisified, Losing To Roger Is Not A Bad Loss, I Know What To Work On For Indian Wells
- nd really feel the benefits of our partnership."
Djokovic and Andy Murray, a semifinal loser last night in Acapulco, will head to NYC for a Monday exhibition before going to Indian Wells where they will play next weekend. ...
- If Grigor Dimitrov Wants To Shed His "Showtime" Nickname, He Needs To Stop Winning Points Like This [Video]
- -talented Grigor Dimitrov authored another incredible point today in a late-night win over Andy Murray in the Acapulco semifinals.
Calling it the best win of his career, Dimitrov upset Murray 46, 76(3), 76(5), but not without...
- Mats Wilander Admits Current Era Of Players Much Better Than When He Played
- Former tennis great Mats Wilander is in Acapulco this week for the Mexican Open where the 49-year-old admitted that players in the current era are better than those he faces.
"Players of this generation are much better than m...
- David Ferrer's Status For March Is Uncertain After Suffering A Groin Injury In Acapulco
- id Ferrer's 2014 season may have come to an abrupt halt after the Spanish veteran hurt his groin yesterday in Acapulco quarterfinals. The 31-year-old veteran suffered the injury to his left adductor while facing Kevin Anderson a...
- Super Showdown: Federer Faces Djokovic In Dubai SFs Friday; Who's The Pick?
- s a big big step up from the Tunisian, Seppi or de Bakker!
Later tonight, Andy Murray is back in action in Acapulco. It's been another trying week for Murray who struggled early in both wins so far, and now he'll get Gilles S...
- Federer Steps On The Worm, Djokovic Cruises In Dubai; Gulbis-Dimitrov Thursday In Acapulco
- looking forward to that."
German Philipp Kohlschreiber will also be in action against Malek Jazeri.
In Acapulco, seeds David Ferrer (d. F. Lopez), Kevin Anderson (d. Querrey), Grigor Dimitrov (d. Baghdatis) and Gilles Sim...