- Location: Acapulco, Mexico
- Schedule: Monday, February 24 - Saturday, March 1
- Begins on: Men's --Monday, February 24 Women's -- Monday, February 24
- Draw Size: S-32 D-16
- Surface: Clay
- Prize Money: Men's -- $1,309,770 Women's -- $250,000
- Tournament Director: WTA Tournament Director: Raul Zurutuza
- Official Website: www.abiertomexicanodetenis.com/
- TV Schedule / Acapulco Live Streaming
Do you like Acapulco?
|Former Men's Acapulco Tennis Champions:
2009 Nicolas Almagro
2008 Nicolas Almagro
2007 Juan Ignacio Chela
2006 Luis Horna
2005 Rafael Nadal
2004 Carlos Moya
2003 Agustin Calleri
2002 Carlos Moya
2001 Gustavo Kuerten
2000 Juan Ignacio Chela
1998 Jiri Novak
1997 Francisco Clavet
1996 Thomas Muster
1995 Thomas Muster
1994 Thomas Muster
1993 Thomas Muster
1982 Tomas Smid
1978 Raul Ramirez
1977 Ilie Nastase
The latest Acapulco tournament news:
- Stephens Stops Vesnina Run at WTA Charleston; Cibulkova Wins in Poland
- , you know, I'm just going to go have fun."
It was the third title of 2016 for Stephens after Auckland and Acapulco. Vesnina, who saw her ranking at such a low point that she was forced to play the qualifying at the Aussie Op...
- Sluggish Serena Wins In 3, Stephens Crushed; Kerber Tries To Win A Set Friday In Miami
- feel comfortable I played great, which I needed to because Sloane's such a great player."
After a title in Acapulco last month, Stephens has now lost two straight.
On tap Friday are Venus Williams, Madison Keys, Garbine Mu...
- Kyrgios Missing Davis Cup Practices at Kooyong; Illness, Possible Injury?
- k Kyrgios be fit enough to face the U.S. in Davis Cup play beginning Friday?
Kyrgios, who pulled from the Acapulco Dubai event mid-match versus Stan Wawrinka citing illness/injury/what-have-you, sat out of practice on Monday...
- Thiem the Future, Stephens Stays Relevant at ATP/WTA Acapulco
- itle in between. On Saturday he beat Bernard Tomic 7-6(6), 4-6, 6-3 for the 500-level Abierto Mexicano Telcel Acapulco title on hardcourt to cap a February coming-out party to remember.
"It was unbelievable," said the 22-year...
- Sam Querrey Comes Back To Deny Taylor Fritz In Acapulco; Dominic Thiem Downs Grigor Dimitrov
- y first set to stop the run of surging 18-year-old American Taylor Fritz 2-6, 6-4, 6-4 in the quarterfinal at Acapulco late Thursday night.
Querrey, the winner in Delray Beach on Sunday, was broken twice and dominated early b...
- Americans Taylor Fritz, Ryan Harrison Pull Off Upsets In Acapulco
- Taylor Fritz continued his breakout season Tuesday in Acapulco. The 18-year-old who made the Memphis final 10 days ago pulled off one of his best career wins defeating the 30th-ranked Jeremy Chardy 6-4, 3-6, 6-3.
"It feels am...
- Cuevas Follows Nadal Upset to Rio Title; Querrey, Schiavone Win; X-Notes
- A celebrity game along with the 3-4 days of festivities surrounding the event. Raonic is scheduled to play in Acapulco this week, making a quick recovery after the "rest." How about some truth for these withdrawals, or some ATP ...
- Djokovic Heads Dubai, Loaded Field at WTA Doha: ATP/WTA Previews
- aluca Olaru, and Czechs Kvitova/Barbora Strycova...Safarova beat the absent Victoria Azarenka (who is playing Acapulco this week) in last year's final...Former champs in the field are Safarova (2015) and Halep (2014).