Acapulco Tennis - 2014 Abierto Mexicano Telcel
- Location: Acapulco, Mexico
- Schedule: Monday, February 24 - Saturday, March 1
- Begins on: Men's --Monday, February 24 Women's -- Monday, February 24
- Draw Size: S-32 D-16
- Surface: Clay
- Prize Money: Men's -- $1,309,770 Women's -- $250,000
- Tournament Director: WTA Tournament Director: Raul Zurutuza
- Official Website: www.abiertomexicanodetenis.com/
- TV Schedule / Acapulco Live Streaming
Do you like Acapulco?
|Former Men's Acapulco Tennis Champions:
2009 Nicolas Almagro
2008 Nicolas Almagro
2007 Juan Ignacio Chela
2006 Luis Horna
2005 Rafael Nadal
2004 Carlos Moya
2003 Agustin Calleri
2002 Carlos Moya
2001 Gustavo Kuerten
2000 Juan Ignacio Chela
1998 Jiri Novak
1997 Francisco Clavet
1996 Thomas Muster
1995 Thomas Muster
1994 Thomas Muster
1993 Thomas Muster
1982 Tomas Smid
1978 Raul Ramirez
1977 Ilie Nastase
The latest Acapulco tournament news:
- Nadal v Dimitrov, Ferrer v Nishikori In Madrid QFs; Murray Stays Hot
- itle. So I think Kei gets him here. Nishikori leads Ferrer 7-4 winning five of their last six - Ferrer won in Acapulco - including Madrid win a year ago.
For me, almost 10 years his junior, Nishikori is just a better, more of...
- Madrid Men's Draw: Top Seeded Federer Could Face Nadal In SFs; Can Rafa Get Back On Track?
- he draw I think they'll meet in the quarters. Nishikori leads 7-4 but Ferrer won their most recent meeting in Acapulco. Though Kei had won five in a row including a semifinal win in Madrid a year ago. Given recent form, Kei just...
- Serena Advances, Djokovic v Tomic Thurs. at Indian Wells
- f Timea Bacsinszky, the No. 27 seed, 7-5, 6-3. Bacsinszky entered Indian Wells winning back-to-back titles in Acapulco and Monterrey.
The Swiss broke the world No. 1 to start the match.
"I played well, but sometimes playin...
- Bacsinszky, Wozniacki Win WTA Titles Over Weekend
Bacsinszky Tops Garcia in Final for 2nd Straight Week at Monterrey
In a repeat of the final last week at Acapulco, Timea Bacsinszky defeated Caroline Garcia 4-6, 6-2, 6-4 for the title at the WTA's Abierto Monterrey Afirme ...
- Of Course Rafael Nadal Wants More Clay Events
- Following his first title since the French Open, Rafael Nadal talked about he doesn't want clay events like Acapulco switching to hardcourts.
"Clay is a traditional surface of our sport, we need to protect that," Nadal told R...
- Ferrer, Bacsinszky Collect Acapulco Titles
- sinszky of Switzerland won Abierto Mexicano Telcel titles on Saturday night, for the Spaniard a fourth career Acapulco crown.
The 32-year-old Ferrer in the final defeated top-seeded Kei Nishikori 6-3, 7-5 for his third title...
- Roger Federer v Novak Djokovic In The 2015 Dubai Final, Who's The Pick? Azarenka Beats Venus In Doha
- d I think he gets it.
Also, Kei Nishikori and David Ferrer are in opposite semifinals on the hardcourts in Acapulco. Quite an achievement for Ferrer who was just on the clay last week! Nishikori has big Kevin Anderson while F...
- Murray Stunned By Coric In Dubai, Djokovic, Federer Dominate; Venus Takes Out Radwanska In Doha
- meanwhile, outclassed Andrea Petkovic, 6-2, 6-1, to reach just her second Premier semifinal since 2012.
In Acapulco, Kei Nishikori and Maria Sharapova were scheduled for later today. ...