Acapulco Tennis - 2013 Abierto Mexicano Telcel
- Location: Acapulco, Mexico
- Schedule: Monday, February 27 - Saturday, March 3
- Begins on: Men's --Monday, February 27, 2012 Women's -- Wednesday, February 27, 2013
- Draw Size: S-32 D-16
- Surface: Clay
- Prize Money: Men's -- $ 1,155,000 Women's -- $220,000
- Tournament Director: WTA Tournament Director: Raul Zurutuza
- Official Website: http://abiertomextenis.com.mx/
- TV Schedule / Acapulco Live Streaming
Do you like Acapulco?
|Former Men's Acapulco Tennis Champions:
2009 Nicolas Almagro
2008 Nicolas Almagro
2007 Juan Ignacio Chela
2006 Luis Horna
2005 Rafael Nadal
2004 Carlos Moya
2003 Agustin Calleri
2002 Carlos Moya
2001 Gustavo Kuerten
2000 Juan Ignacio Chela
1998 Jiri Novak
1997 Francisco Clavet
1996 Thomas Muster
1995 Thomas Muster
1994 Thomas Muster
1993 Thomas Muster
1982 Tomas Smid
1978 Raul Ramirez
1977 Ilie Nastase
The latest Acapulco tournament news:
- Rafael Nadal's Early 2014 Schedule Includes Miami
- cording to Marca, Nadal will also not return to Vina del Mar, but could still play in Buenos Aires and/or the Acapulco hard court stop. Deals are still being worked out at both events. Rafa is currently signed up for the new tou...
- Rafael Nadal Finishes No. 1, Ahead Of No. 2 Djokovic By 770 Ranking Points
- efending Djokovic to pass.
But the Serb can catapult back to No. 1 in March when Nadal has 500 points from Acapulco and 1,000 points from Indian Wells coming off.
So Djokovic could be back to No. 1 for Miami, although that...
- Andy Murray Will Play Acapulco For The First Time Next February
- The Abierto de Tenis in Acapulco confirmed via twitter this morning that Wimbledon champion Andy Murray has entered the tournament. Murray will be joined on the hardcourts by David Ferrer when the event runs from February 24-Mar...
- Looks Like Rafael Nadal Is Returning To South America Next February
- this past February with good success, reaching the final in Vina del Mar followed by titles in Sao Paulo and Acapulco.
The trip bolstered Nadal's confidence and launched what has become one of his finest seasons.
- Nadal Seeks 8th Barcelona Title Against Almagro; Sharapova Eyes Stuttgart Repeat
- ten Almagro all nine times they have played and Rafa's run off the last 10 sets in a streak that includes the Acapulco final earlier this year.
"[Almagro] is playing great and having a fantastic week," Nadal said. "Tomorrow w...
- David Ferrer Says To Beat Murray He'll Have To Really Hit His Serve And Forehand
- art very good this season," he said. "I did semifinal in Australian Open. I won two tournaments, one final in Acapulco. I am playing very regular this season. So now I am in to another final, and it's okay, no? Is not surprise. ...
- Rafael Nadal Presser: My Knee Is So-So, But I'm Gonna Try My Best Against Roger
- , every match is important. Tonight was an important match.
But for me was more important the semifinals of Acapulco because that give me the chance to win the tournament.
Today I'm very fine of that, especially in this kind...
- Rafael Nadal Slams ATP Time Rule, Calls It A "Disaster"
- at is dry, you know, not very humid place, but is completely disaster when we are playing in tournaments like Acapulco, Brazil, or Chile.
"I cannot support that, because for so many facts in my opinion the rule is wrong. Firs...