Acapulco Tennis - 2014 Abierto Mexicano Telcel
- Location: Acapulco, Mexico
- Schedule: Monday, February 24 - Saturday, March 1
- Begins on: Men's --Monday, February 24 Women's -- Monday, February 24
- Draw Size: S-32 D-16
- Surface: Clay
- Prize Money: Men's -- $1,309,770 Women's -- $250,000
- Tournament Director: WTA Tournament Director: Raul Zurutuza
- Official Website: www.abiertomexicanodetenis.com/
- TV Schedule / Acapulco Live Streaming
Do you like Acapulco?
|Former Men's Acapulco Tennis Champions:
2009 Nicolas Almagro
2008 Nicolas Almagro
2007 Juan Ignacio Chela
2006 Luis Horna
2005 Rafael Nadal
2004 Carlos Moya
2003 Agustin Calleri
2002 Carlos Moya
2001 Gustavo Kuerten
2000 Juan Ignacio Chela
1998 Jiri Novak
1997 Francisco Clavet
1996 Thomas Muster
1995 Thomas Muster
1994 Thomas Muster
1993 Thomas Muster
1982 Tomas Smid
1978 Raul Ramirez
1977 Ilie Nastase
The latest Acapulco tournament news:
- Poll: Who'll Most Likely Move Into The Top 10 In 2015?
Grigor Dimitrov (11) - For some reason I feel like No. 8 is his ceiling. He'll have QF Australia and Acapulco title points to defend early on.
JW Tsonga (12) - Under a bit of an injury cloud entering 2015, and had just...
- Djokovic, Murray Eye Rematch While Hot Federer Faces Stan; Wimbledon QF Picks And Pans
- rise. He was a quarterfinalist in Australia and he just won Queen's. And he beat Murray earlier this year in Acapulco. But I can't see the Bulgarian winning three sets against Murray, especially not at Center Court Wimbledon.
- Grigor Dimitrov: Andy Murray Is A Cool Dude, But My Job Isn't Done And I'm Not Going To Step Back
- b isn't over yet."
But the 23-year-old has reason to be confidence against Murray. Dimitrov beat Murray at Acapulco earlier this year and he showed his grass skills winning Queen's.
"I've practiced against him many times. ...
- Here's What Andy Murray Thinks Is The Best Part Of Being A Tennis Player
- sort of the flying and the airports and stuff. But once you get to different places, like this year I went to Acapulco, it was the first time I'd been there. I didn't know what to expect. I absolutely loved it. It was a great, g...
- Bryans, Vekic Claim Tennis Titles; Fed Cup Shockers
- 2 in finals in 2014 after losing to Li Na in the Australian Open final and defeating Christina McHale for the Acapulco crown.
Bryans Close on 100 with No. 98 at Monte Carlo
The Bryan brothers, Bob and mike, won their 98th ...
- Indian Wells QF Pick & Pans: Federer Flying High While Djokovic Searches For Game
- the bigger guys this year - he beat Ivo Karlovic in Sydney and a few weeks ago chopped down Jerzy Janowicz in Acapulco. And he's beaten Sam Querrey, Anderson, Cilic and other big men in the past.
For me though, in this I look...
- Federer Rolls Into Indian Wells Quarters, Raonic Rallies Past Murray; Halep Reaches Semis
- I was just really disappointed with how the last 15 minutes of the match went. That was really, really poor. Acapulco was the same. My matches have been a little bit patchy over the past few weeks."
Raonic, who now has w...
- Grigor Dimitrov: Federer Doesn't Give Me Any Advice, We're Just "Cool With Each Other" For Now
- Grigor Dimitrov has been one of the new sensations this season. The 22-year-old from Bulgaria just won the Acapulco title where he beat Andy Murray in the semifinals. He also reached his first Grand Slam quarterfinal at the Aust...