Acapulco Tennis - 2013 Abierto Mexicano Telcel
- Location: Acapulco, Mexico
- Schedule: Monday, February 27 - Saturday, March 3
- Begins on: Men's --Monday, February 27, 2012 Women's -- Wednesday, February 27, 2013
- Draw Size: S-32 D-16
- Surface: Clay
- Prize Money: Men's -- $ 1,155,000 Women's -- $220,000
- Tournament Director: WTA Tournament Director: Raul Zurutuza
- Official Website: http://abiertomextenis.com.mx/
- TV Schedule / Acapulco Live Streaming
Do you like Acapulco?
|Former Men's Acapulco Tennis Champions:
2009 Nicolas Almagro
2008 Nicolas Almagro
2007 Juan Ignacio Chela
2006 Luis Horna
2005 Rafael Nadal
2004 Carlos Moya
2003 Agustin Calleri
2002 Carlos Moya
2001 Gustavo Kuerten
2000 Juan Ignacio Chela
1998 Jiri Novak
1997 Francisco Clavet
1996 Thomas Muster
1995 Thomas Muster
1994 Thomas Muster
1993 Thomas Muster
1982 Tomas Smid
1978 Raul Ramirez
1977 Ilie Nastase
The latest Acapulco tournament news:
- Nadal Seeks 8th Barcelona Title Against Almagro; Sharapova Eyes Stuttgart Repeat
- ten Almagro all nine times they have played and Rafa's run off the last 10 sets in a streak that includes the Acapulco final earlier this year.
"[Almagro] is playing great and having a fantastic week," Nadal said. "Tomorrow w...
- David Ferrer Says To Beat Murray He'll Have To Really Hit His Serve And Forehand
- art very good this season," he said. "I did semifinal in Australian Open. I won two tournaments, one final in Acapulco. I am playing very regular this season. So now I am in to another final, and it's okay, no? Is not surprise. ...
- Rafael Nadal Presser: My Knee Is So-So, But I'm Gonna Try My Best Against Roger
- , every match is important. Tonight was an important match.
But for me was more important the semifinals of Acapulco because that give me the chance to win the tournament.
Today I'm very fine of that, especially in this kind...
- Rafael Nadal Slams ATP Time Rule, Calls It A "Disaster"
- at is dry, you know, not very humid place, but is completely disaster when we are playing in tournaments like Acapulco, Brazil, or Chile.
"I cannot support that, because for so many facts in my opinion the rule is wrong. Firs...
- Nadal Makes Hardcourt Debut Saturday At Indian Wells; Federer Opens Title Defense; American Girls Hold Court
- ation, Rafa confirmed his return to the desert over the weekend after crushing countryman David Ferrer to win Acapulco. And Nadal has fared well at Indian Wells reaching the semifinals or better the last seven years including ti...
- Rafael Nadal Feels "Very Good", But Still Cautious And Doesn't Expect Much At Indian Wells
- st hinted he was having serious knee problems.
Nadal returns on Saturday with renewed vigor after a torrid Acapulco finish, but the knee remains a question mark.
"I feel very good. I’ve practiced two times here," sai...
- Roger Federer Happy To See Rafael Nadal Back
- he wanted to get away from it all, which I really understand. I was really happy to see him doing so well in Acapulco. It’s great to see him here playing on the hard courts. I’m hoping to catch up with him this week...
- Is Rafa Nadal Really Back? TBD, But At Least He's Back On Hardcourts This Weekend
- After two blistering wins over the weekend en route to the Acapulco title, many on the internet, on this site and in social media were quick to declare that Rafael Nadal was back! Back with an exclamation point, or two!! But is ...