|Former Men's Barcelona Tennis Champions:
2009 Rafael Nadal
2008 Rafael Nadal
2007 Rafael Nadal
2006 Rafael Nadal
2005 Rafael Nadal
2004 Tommy Robredo
2003 Carlos Moya
2002 Gaston Gaudio
2001 Juan Carlos Ferrero
2000 Marat Safin
1999 Felix Mantilla
1998 Todd Martin
1997 Albert Costa
1996 Thomas Muster
1995 Thomas Muster
1994 Richard Krajicek
1993 Andrei Medvedev
1992 Carlos Costa
1991 Emilio Sanchez
1990 Andres Gomez
1989 Andres Gomez
1988 Kent Carlsson
1987 Martin Jaite
1986 Kent Carlsson
1985 Thierry Tulasne
1984 Mats Wilander
1983 Mats Wilander
1982 Mats Wilander
1981 Ivan Lendl
1980 Ivan Lendl
1979 Hans Gildemeister
1978 Balazs Taroczy
1977 Bjorn Borg
1976 Manuel Orantes
1975 Bjorn Borg
1974 Ilie Nastase
1973 Ilie Nastase
1972 Jan Kodes
1971 Manuel Orantes
1970 Manuel Santana
1969 Manuel Orantes
1968 Martin Mulligan
The latest Barcelona tournament news:
- Dan Evans Busted For Cocaine
- The ITF announced today that Dan Evans was found to have cocaine in his system on April 24th test during the Barcelona event.
Per the ITF, the "sample was analyzed by a World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) accredited laboratory in ...
- Rafael Nadal Enjoys Easiest Road Ever To French Open Semifinals
- only man to beat Rafa this year on the clay.
"Thiem is a tough player. I hope that I won't lose. I won in Barcelona and Madrid, but I lost to him in Rome," Nadal said. "If I play well, I hope that I will be able to book my sp...
- Dominic Thiem: I Now Feel Like I Belong In The Top 10
- s like he belongs among the elite. And his results lately back it up reaching the Masters final in Madrid and Barcelona then beating Rafael Nadal en route to the Rome semifinals.
"At the beginning you feel also quite a lot of ...
- Terrific Thiem Topples Nadal, Awaits Rain-Delayed Djokovic-DelPo Winner In Rome SF
- ill be in Mallorca fishing or playing golf or doing another thing. That's it.
“I never take Monte-Carlo, Barcelona or Rome like preparation,” said Nadal. “Every tournament is so emotional for me. Every tournament is so i...
- Murray's Misery Mounts, Falls To Fognini In Rome; Nadal Wednesday
- fidence can't be high heading into the French Open where he's defending final points.
“I felt like after Barcelona I would start to play better, and the last two weeks have certainly not been as good as Monte Carlo and Barce...
- Nadal Stays Perfect During Claycourt Season, Beating Thiem in ATP Madrid Final
- le, tying Novak Djokovic for the all-time lead. His claycourt haul thus far this season includes Monte Carlo, Barcelona and Madrid, losing only two sets in the process.
"This is a very emotional period of the season," Nadal sa...
- Nadal, Djokovic Get Into Gear In Madrid; Murray's Slump Continues; QF Picks And Pans
- t can be concerning or disappointing,” said Murray. “I was disappointed to lose my match against Thiem in Barcelona, but felt like I competed really well and did some good stuff in the match. Today, I didn't really do any of ...
- An Ear Infection Prevented Rafael Nadal From Playing Tuesday In Madrid
- o be much better play Wednesday."
Nadal comes into the event off of back-to-back titles in Monte Carlo and Barcelona.
"I'm very happy because of the start of the year, not only because of the start of the clay season. I thi...