Basel Tennis - 2013 Swiss Indoors Basel
- Location: Basel, Switzerland
- Schedule: Monday, October 22 - Sunday, October 28
- Begins on: Monday, October 22, 2012
- Draw Size: S-32 D-16
- Surface: Indoor Hard
- Prize Money: € 1,404,300 ATP
- Tournament Director:
- Official Website: http://www.swissindoors.ch/
- TV Schedule / Basel Live Streaming
Do you like Basel?
|Former Men's Basel Tennis Champions:
2009 Novak Djokovic
2008 Roger Federer
2007 Roger Federer
2006 Roger Federer
2005 Fernando Gonzalez
2004 Jiri Novak
2003 Guillermo Coria
2002 David Nalbandian
2001 Tim Henman
2000 Thomas Enqvist
1999 Karol Kucera
1998 Tim Henman
1997 Greg Rusedski
1996 Pete Sampras
1995 Jim Courier
1994 Wayne Ferreira
1993 Michael Stich
1992 Boris Becker
1991 Jakob Hlasek
1990 John McEnroe
1989 Jim Courier
1988 Stefan Edberg
1987 Yannick Noah
1986 Stefan Edberg
1985 Stefan Edberg
1984 Joakim Nystrom
1983 Vitas Gerulaitis
1982 Yannick Noah
1981 Ivan Lendl
1980 Ivan Lendl
1979 Brian Gottfried
1978 Guillermo Vilas
1977 Bjorn Borg
1976 Jan Kodes
1975 Jiri Hrebec
The latest Basel tournament news:
- Federer's Slide Continues As Nadal Rolls On In Madrid; Murray Wins A Third Set Breaker
- Roger Federer's brief clay season hasn't gone as hoped. The defending Madrid champion was bounced today from the tournament by 23-year-old Kei Nishikori 6-4, 1-6, 6-2 in the third round.
The 31-year-old Federer was playing...
- Nadal Dominates In Madrid Opener, Azarena Loses First Match Of Year; Federer v Nishikori Thursday
- ngster Grigor Dimitrov's big upset Tuesday. But the Swiss beat Nishikori easily in their only meeting at 2011 Basel.
Dimitrov returns against the very hot-handed Wawrinka late in the day.
Andy Murray is also in action t...
- Cramping Dimitrov Stuns Djokovic For Biggest Career Win; Federer, Murray Cruise, Nadal Wednesday In Madrid
- wo weeks, is the youngest player to beat a No. 1 since a 21-year-old Kei Nishikori also beat Djokovic at 2011 Basel. He'll now have to regroup for another tough test in the next round on Thursday likely against an in-form Sta...
- Roger Federer Tries To Clear Up Basel Commotion, For Now He'll Play For Free
- Roger Federer and Basel tournament director Roger Brennwalds remain at odds over the business arrangement (or lack there of) the two have made for the Swiss Open this October. Federer has long played his hometown event (winni...
- Haas, Wawrinka, Pavlyuchenkova Win Tennis Titles
- 35-year-old Haas Wins ATP Munich Crown
Former world No. 2 Tommy Haas at 35 years of age continued his improbably march to another Top 10 ranking on Sunday when he defeated defending champion Philipp Kohlschreiber 6-3, 7-6(...
- Rafael Nadal Signs Up To Play Federer's Hometown Basel Event
- The Basel tournament announced today that Rafael Nadal will return to the event for the first time since 2004. Nadal, who played Basel as a 17-year-old losing to Rainer Schuettler, joins a star-studded field which includes ho...
- Roger Federer Was Living On The Edge Today - He Went To A Basel Football Game [Video]
- Still enjoying his break from tennis, Roger Federer was spotted this evening at Basel FC home game. Unfortunately, Federer's attendance couldn't lift his favored team as Chelsea beat Basel 2-1 at St. Jacob Park in the Europa ...
- Rafael Nadal: Novak Played Amazing, He Was Better Than Me Today [Video]
- Rafael Nadal's Monte Carlo streak finally came to an end today at the hands of Novak Djokovic who beat the Spaniard 62, 76 in the final just finished a few hours ago.
Nadal's numbers at the event were staggering: 46 straig...