|Former Men's Basel Tennis Champions:
2009 Novak Djokovic
2008 Roger Federer
2007 Roger Federer
2006 Roger Federer
2005 Fernando Gonzalez
2004 Jiri Novak
2003 Guillermo Coria
2002 David Nalbandian
2001 Tim Henman
2000 Thomas Enqvist
1999 Karol Kucera
1998 Tim Henman
1997 Greg Rusedski
1996 Pete Sampras
1995 Jim Courier
1994 Wayne Ferreira
1993 Michael Stich
1992 Boris Becker
1991 Jakob Hlasek
1990 John McEnroe
1989 Jim Courier
1988 Stefan Edberg
1987 Yannick Noah
1986 Stefan Edberg
1985 Stefan Edberg
1984 Joakim Nystrom
1983 Vitas Gerulaitis
1982 Yannick Noah
1981 Ivan Lendl
1980 Ivan Lendl
1979 Brian Gottfried
1978 Guillermo Vilas
1977 Bjorn Borg
1976 Jan Kodes
1975 Jiri Hrebec
The latest Basel tournament news:
- Murray, Del Potro Author Comebacks At Rio Olympics; Nadal Says No To Mixed, Stays Perfect In Singles
- Andy Murray and Juan Martin del Potro both survived stern tests Thursday at the Rio Olympics.
In windy conditions, Murray came out strong against Italian veteran Fabio Fognini but fell apart in the second and went down 3-...
- Both Williams Sisters Serena, Venus Into Quarters, Agnieszka Radwanska Toppled at Wimbledon
- The quarterfinals at Wimbledon are set, and it contains both Williams sisters (the only Americans left), this year's Australian Open winner, two unseeded players, and only four Top 10 players.
The Williams sisters led the...
- 8-Time Halle Champion Roger Federer Falls To The Future In Alexander Zverev
- Last week in Germany it was Dominic Thiem. This weekend the honor of eliminating the great Roger Federer fell to another youngster, teen Alexander Zverev. The 19-year-old German pocketed his first career Top 10 victory beatin...
- Roger Federer Ties Ivan Lendl For Second Place In Open Era ATP Wins
- Roger Federer tied Ivan Lendl for second place on the ATP's all-time match win leaders. Earlier, Federer survived a tough battle from 18-year-old American Taylor Fritz 64, 57, 64 in his opening round at Stuttgart.
- Novak Djokovic Beats Andy Murray To Win First French Open, Completes Career Grand Slam
- History was made on Sunday at the French Open. And history belonged to one Novak Djokovic who finally captured his first French Open to complete the Career Grand Slam. And he did it beating his good friend and longtime rival ...
- Richard Gasquet Brings Parisians to Feet with Kei Nishikori Upset at French Open; Novak Djokovic Monday
- Who is this Richard Gasquet and what's he done with the old one?
The French wunderkind who never panned out as an adult bloomed late -- specifically on Sunday at Roland Garros -- advancing to his first French Open quarter...
- Petra Kvitova Avoids French Open Upset; Monday With Halep, Radwanska And Muguruza
- Only five women's matches were completed amidst the rains in Paris on Sunday, with three seeds advancing into the second round.
Seeded winners were No. 10 Petra Kvitova surviving a three-set encounter with Montenegro's Da...
- Bertens, Garcia Grab WTA Titles and Momentum Headed Into French Open
- Caroline Garcia and Kiki Bertens claimed some mojo by winning claycourt titles entering Roland Garros on Saturday.
Bertens, a qualifier, won the WTA title in Nurnberg, her second career title, defeating Mariana Duque-Mari...