Basel Tennis - 2014 Swiss Indoors Basel
- Location: Basel, Switzerland
- Schedule: Monday, October 20 - Sunday, October 26
- Begins on: Monday, October 20
- Draw Size: S-32 D-16
- Surface: Indoor Hard
- Prize Money: 1,458,610 ATP
- Tournament Director:
- Official Website: www.swissindoors.ch/
- TV Schedule / Basel Live Streaming
Do you like Basel?
|Former Men's Basel Tennis Champions:
2009 Novak Djokovic
2008 Roger Federer
2007 Roger Federer
2006 Roger Federer
2005 Fernando Gonzalez
2004 Jiri Novak
2003 Guillermo Coria
2002 David Nalbandian
2001 Tim Henman
2000 Thomas Enqvist
1999 Karol Kucera
1998 Tim Henman
1997 Greg Rusedski
1996 Pete Sampras
1995 Jim Courier
1994 Wayne Ferreira
1993 Michael Stich
1992 Boris Becker
1991 Jakob Hlasek
1990 John McEnroe
1989 Jim Courier
1988 Stefan Edberg
1987 Yannick Noah
1986 Stefan Edberg
1985 Stefan Edberg
1984 Joakim Nystrom
1983 Vitas Gerulaitis
1982 Yannick Noah
1981 Ivan Lendl
1980 Ivan Lendl
1979 Brian Gottfried
1978 Guillermo Vilas
1977 Bjorn Borg
1976 Jan Kodes
1975 Jiri Hrebec
The latest Basel tournament news:
- Nadal Suffers Early Knock Out; Federer v Djokovic Saturday; Monte Carlo SFs Picks And Pans
- After five relatively calm, uneventful days at our first big clay test of the season, the Monte Carlo Tennis Masters was thrust into absolute chaos on Friday. The highlight of course was reigning King of Clay and 8-time champ...
- Will It Be Novak Djokovic v Rafael Nadal In The Sunday Final? Miami SFs Pick And Pans
- He's playing well, no doubt," said Nishikori. "I played him a long time ago, maybe three or four years ago in Basel, and I beat him before, so hopefully I can play good like today."
And Nishikori could very well do it agai...
- Indian Wells Friday Picks And Pans: Will Isner Out-Blast Gulbis? Is Djokovic Back To Good?
- Our final two quarters in the men's draw are set for today at Indian Wells. But first quick look back at yesterday's action.
As I thought, Milos Roanic just wasn't able to solve the Alexandr Dolgpolov puzzle. No shame in t...
- Federer Pulls Away From Anderson For 10th Straight Win, Will Face Dolgopolov In Indian Wells SFs
- dn't serve as well as I would have liked as well."
Dolgoplov hasn't played Federer since Roger beat him in Basel in 2010.
The women concluded their quarters also on Thursday and earning the last two spots were Australia...
- Rafael Nadal: When I'm Not Going For My Shots I Become A Normal Player
- Defending champion and top seed Rafael Nadal suffered his earliest loss at Indian Wells in 10 years last night when the top seed was upset by Alexandr Dolgoplov 63, 36, 76(5) in the third round.
Nadal, who had been battlin...
- What's Right With Roger Federer?
- Well, based on his 3-6, 6-3, 6-2 win today over Novak Djokovic in the Dubai semis, everything is right with Roger Federer!
I think I said it during the Australian Open at the time when he beat JW Tsonga I had declared tha...
- Federer Steps On The Worm, Djokovic Cruises In Dubai; Gulbis-Dimitrov Thursday In Acapulco
- Radek Stepanek took Roger Federer the distance but in the end it was the Swiss prevailing 6-2, 6-7(4), 6-3 in the second round at Dubai Wednesday. Federer, a 5-time tournament champion, was down 2-0 in the final set before ra...
- Venus Williams Gets Family Revenge Winning WTA Dubai Title
- Former No. 1 Venus Williams did something her current world No. 1 sister Serena was unable to do this week in Dubai -- defeat Alize Cornet, and in impressive style, steamrolling the Frenchwoman 6-3, 6-0 in the final of the Du...