|Former Men's Basel Tennis Champions:
2009 Novak Djokovic
2008 Roger Federer
2007 Roger Federer
2006 Roger Federer
2005 Fernando Gonzalez
2004 Jiri Novak
2003 Guillermo Coria
2002 David Nalbandian
2001 Tim Henman
2000 Thomas Enqvist
1999 Karol Kucera
1998 Tim Henman
1997 Greg Rusedski
1996 Pete Sampras
1995 Jim Courier
1994 Wayne Ferreira
1993 Michael Stich
1992 Boris Becker
1991 Jakob Hlasek
1990 John McEnroe
1989 Jim Courier
1988 Stefan Edberg
1987 Yannick Noah
1986 Stefan Edberg
1985 Stefan Edberg
1984 Joakim Nystrom
1983 Vitas Gerulaitis
1982 Yannick Noah
1981 Ivan Lendl
1980 Ivan Lendl
1979 Brian Gottfried
1978 Guillermo Vilas
1977 Bjorn Borg
1976 Jan Kodes
1975 Jiri Hrebec
The latest Basel tournament news:
- Roger Federer To Play Three More Years?
- to even returning to Melbourne to defend his title.
But he has now committed to playing his home event in Basel at least three more years, the tournament confirmed.
"We are in the privileged position to bind Roger Fede...
- Zverev Takes Down Tsonga In France, Will Face Gasquet In Final; Dimitrov Surges In Sofia
- Teen Alexander Zverev stunned No. 2 seed and French favorite Jo-Wilfried Tsonga 6-7(6), 6-2, 6-4 to reach the finals at the Montpellier event in France today.
After dropping the first set, the 19-year-old came back to take...
- Svitolina Closes on Top 10 After WTA Taiwan Open Title
- Top-seeded Elina Svitolina won her fifth career WTA title on Sunday when she defeated unseeded Peng Shuai 6-3, 6-2 in the final of the Taiwan Open.
"I was playing very well, and stayed solid mentally and physically," she ...
- Rafael Nadal: I Believe If I Keep Playing Like This, Good Things Can Happen, Especially On Clay
- Rafael Nadal nearly pulled off the win of his career, but couldn't close the door on rival Roger Federer in the final today at the Australian Open 6-4. 3-6. 6-1. 3-6. 6-3.
Nadal led Federer 3-1 in the fifth set with chance...
- 2017 Australian Open Men’s Final Open Thread: Roger Federer v Rafael Nadal
- n Era.
Federer ended a 5-match losing streak against Nadal in their most recent meeting, the final at 2015 Basel. Last year was the first year since the pair’s first meeting in 2004 that they have not contested at least ...
- Roger Federer: Injury Timeouts Are More Mental, But He Took One So I Did Too
- in. If you're looking at that, it's better to have not played. The last match I played against him, I won, in Basel.
I'm not looking back at that match like, If I win Basel, I'm going to win here. There's a lot of work to ...
- Nadal Steamrolls Raonic to Set Up Dimitrov Semi at Australian Open
- Tales of Rafael Nadal's physical and/or mental demise have seemingly been greatly exaggerated.
The No. 9 seed and former No. 1 made a statement on Wednesday at the Australian Open, taking down No. 3 seed Milos Raonic in s...
- Roger Federer: I Didn't Even Know Stan Was In My Section Of The Draw Until A Few Days Ago
- Roger Federer reached the semifinals at the Australian Open for the 13th time in 14 tries on Tuesday night by thumping Mischa Zverev 6-1, 7-5, 6-2 in the quarterfinals.
Federer smacked 65 winners during the 3-set, 92-minut...