|Former Men's Basel Tennis Champions:
2009 Novak Djokovic
2008 Roger Federer
2007 Roger Federer
2006 Roger Federer
2005 Fernando Gonzalez
2004 Jiri Novak
2003 Guillermo Coria
2002 David Nalbandian
2001 Tim Henman
2000 Thomas Enqvist
1999 Karol Kucera
1998 Tim Henman
1997 Greg Rusedski
1996 Pete Sampras
1995 Jim Courier
1994 Wayne Ferreira
1993 Michael Stich
1992 Boris Becker
1991 Jakob Hlasek
1990 John McEnroe
1989 Jim Courier
1988 Stefan Edberg
1987 Yannick Noah
1986 Stefan Edberg
1985 Stefan Edberg
1984 Joakim Nystrom
1983 Vitas Gerulaitis
1982 Yannick Noah
1981 Ivan Lendl
1980 Ivan Lendl
1979 Brian Gottfried
1978 Guillermo Vilas
1977 Bjorn Borg
1976 Jan Kodes
1975 Jiri Hrebec
The latest Basel tournament news:
- Zverev Leaps to French Contender Status After ATP Madrid Title
- Alexander Zverev threw himself into the French Open favorites mix Sunday, defeating Dominic Thiem 6-4, 6-4 in the championship match of the Madrid Open.
The 21-year-old lifted the Madrid title for the first time.
- Thiem Ends Nadal Streak In Madrid, Zverev Advances To 3rd Straight Masters SF
- The last man to beat Rafael Nadal did it again Friday in Madrid as Dominic Thiem stunned Rafa in front of his home fans in emphatic fashion 7-5, 6-3.
Nadal entered the affair having won 21 straight matches on clay with 50 ...
- Nadal Dominates Thiem To Reach Monte Carlo SFs, Dimitrov Awaits; Nishikori-Zverev To Meet
- Rafael Nadal is already in ruthless clay form. Today, the Spaniard demolished who many consider to be the second best player on clay, Dominic Thiem, by a margin of 6-0, 6-2.
The 10-time Monte Carlo champion has lost just 1...
- Djokovic Sets Thiem Showdown Thursday In Monte Carlo; Nadal Rolls In Clay Opener
- The first marquee match of the clay season takes place Thursday in Monte Carlo as 2-time champion Novak Djokovic takes on his French Open conqueror from a year ago, Dominic Thiem.
In one his best matches of a poor year, Dj...
- Isner Powers Through Zverev To Win Miami Title And First Masters
- John Isner had just two wins on the season entering Miami. He leaves as the latest Masters champion, the third first-time winner in the last three after stunning favorite and world No. 5 Alexander Zverev 6-7(4), 6-4, 6-4 in t...
- Del Potro Outlasts Raonic In Miami QF Thriller, Win Streak At 15; Zverev v Coric Thurs
- Juan Martin del Potro upped his win streak to 15 Wednesday night, but he did it the hard way. In a rematch of a 1-sided Indian Wells semifinal, this time Milos Raonic came to play.
The Canadian had not been broken all tour...
- Roger Federer: I Would Like To Play That 3rd Set Breaker Again Because I Don't Know What The Hell Happened
- sure why the final record is the way it is. A lot of them have been extremely tight. 7-6 in the third set in Basel, another three-setter in Basel I lost. Most of them have gone the distance, so it's been tough against him.
- Federer v Chung As QFs Begin At Indian Wells; Del Po, Raonic Play Friday
- Roger Federer will get another look and the young Korean phenom Hyeon Chung tonight in the quarterfinals. In January in their Australian Open semifinal, Chung had to retire in the second set due to a debilitating blister on h...