|Former Men's Basel Tennis Champions:
2009 Novak Djokovic
2008 Roger Federer
2007 Roger Federer
2006 Roger Federer
2005 Fernando Gonzalez
2004 Jiri Novak
2003 Guillermo Coria
2002 David Nalbandian
2001 Tim Henman
2000 Thomas Enqvist
1999 Karol Kucera
1998 Tim Henman
1997 Greg Rusedski
1996 Pete Sampras
1995 Jim Courier
1994 Wayne Ferreira
1993 Michael Stich
1992 Boris Becker
1991 Jakob Hlasek
1990 John McEnroe
1989 Jim Courier
1988 Stefan Edberg
1987 Yannick Noah
1986 Stefan Edberg
1985 Stefan Edberg
1984 Joakim Nystrom
1983 Vitas Gerulaitis
1982 Yannick Noah
1981 Ivan Lendl
1980 Ivan Lendl
1979 Brian Gottfried
1978 Guillermo Vilas
1977 Bjorn Borg
1976 Jan Kodes
1975 Jiri Hrebec
The latest Basel tournament news:
- Nadal Too Tough For Thiem, Wins 12th French Open Title
- After a second set scare, Rafael Nadal rolled to his 12th French Open title Sunday beating Dominic Thiem 6-3, 5-7, 6-1, 6-1 in a rematch of their final a year ago at Roland Garros.
"It is truly incredible. I cannot explain...
- Thiem Topples Djokovic, Will Meet Nadal For French Open Title; Who's The Pick?
- Goodbye to another Nole Slam, a second Career Slam and any hopes at a Calendar Slam. Novak Djokovic has to say goodbye to all that after it all went kaput on Court Chatrier today at the French Open.
In the resumption of th...
- Wawrinka Wins Epic Over Tsitsipas At French; Federer, Nadal Cruise Into QFs
- Stan Wawrinka won another epic slugfest Sunday at the French Open, edging youngster Stefanos Tsitsipas 7-6(6), 5-7, 6-4, 3-6, 8-6 in 5 hours, 9 minutes, the longest match of the tournament.
“I've never experienced that k...
- Federer Saves 2 MPs v Monfils In Madrid, Faces Thiem Fri; Nadal v Wawrinka
- Roger Federer was on the brink of exiting the Madrid Masters twice on Thursday. The Swiss who is playing his first clay event in three years, breezed in the opening set against Gael Monfils, then, serving to stay in the match...
- Stephens Knocks Azarenka Out Of Madrid; Kvitova, Bertens Advances
- In the match of the day in Madrid, Sloane Stephens knocked out fellow Grand Slam winner Victoria Azarenka in three sets 6-4, 2-6, 6-2.
"Playing Vika is always really competitive. She's a good player, a great champion. I ju...
- Cilic Saves MP In Madrid, Americans Advance; Federer Makes Clay Debut Tues.
- Marin Cilic posted the win of the day in Madrid saving four match points to beat qualifier Martin Klizan 6-4, 2-6, 7-6(0).
The victory snapped a 4-match losing streak for the Croatian. He'll now face Jan-Lennard Struff.
- Thiem Topples Nadal In Barcelona, Battles Medvedev In Final
- For the second straight week, Rafael Nadal's bid for a 12th title at a single event fell short. Today, Nadal was handed his first career loss in a semifinal of the Barcelona event after getting stunned by Dominic Thiem 6-4, 6...
- Nadal Dominates In Monte Carlo Clay Debut, Dimitrov Next; Djokovic Returns Thurs.
- The King of Clay, Rafael Nadal, sent a clear message that he's still the man to beat today in Monte Carlo. Making his European clay debut, Nadal destroyed countryman Roberto Bautista Agut 6-1, 6-1.
The 11-time Monte Carlo ...