|Former Men's Basel Tennis Champions:
2009 Novak Djokovic
2008 Roger Federer
2007 Roger Federer
2006 Roger Federer
2005 Fernando Gonzalez
2004 Jiri Novak
2003 Guillermo Coria
2002 David Nalbandian
2001 Tim Henman
2000 Thomas Enqvist
1999 Karol Kucera
1998 Tim Henman
1997 Greg Rusedski
1996 Pete Sampras
1995 Jim Courier
1994 Wayne Ferreira
1993 Michael Stich
1992 Boris Becker
1991 Jakob Hlasek
1990 John McEnroe
1989 Jim Courier
1988 Stefan Edberg
1987 Yannick Noah
1986 Stefan Edberg
1985 Stefan Edberg
1984 Joakim Nystrom
1983 Vitas Gerulaitis
1982 Yannick Noah
1981 Ivan Lendl
1980 Ivan Lendl
1979 Brian Gottfried
1978 Guillermo Vilas
1977 Bjorn Borg
1976 Jan Kodes
1975 Jiri Hrebec
The latest Basel tournament news:
- Sharapova Sliced Up by Niculescu 1st Rd. at WTA Doha -- What of Maria?
- At 30 years old, Maria Sharapova is finding her comebacks in tennis to be all the tougher.
Slated as a second-round opponent for world No. 1 Caroline Wozniacki this week at the Qatar Total Open in Doha, Sharapova was inste...
- Federer Wins 20th Career Grand Slam, Beats Cilic For 6th Australian Open
- Roger Federer continues to make history. Sunday night in Melbourne, the Swiss great won a record 20th Grand Slam title toppling Marin Cilic in five sets 6-2, 6-7(5), 6-3, 3-6, 6-1 and claim a 6th Australian Open title.
- Federer Into 30th Grand Slam Final After Chung Retires With Blisters In Australia
- It was an easy day at the office, as they say, for Roger Federer. The Swiss probably didn't need any help but got it in his Australian Open semifinal against Hyeon Chung who retired down 6-1, 5-2, 30-30 because of a blister.
- Rafael Nadal: I Don't Know The Injury, Tomorrow I Will Have An MRI
- Rafael Nadal is out of the Australian Open after retiring to Marin Cilic down Marin Cilic 3-6, 6-3, 6-7, 6-2, 2-0 because of an upper right leg/hip injury.
Nadal was leading 2 sets to 1 when, he said, he felt something goi...
- Favorites Federer, Kerber, Djokovic v Chung Monday At Australian Open
- Fuxsovocs. The 25-year-old Fucsovics had never won a Grand Slam match until this week, and until last fall in Basel had never reached an ATP quarterfinals. Meanwhile, Federer hasn't lost a set and has won 10 straight matches ...
- Dimitrov v Kyrgios, Nadal, Wozniacki Headline Start Of Australian Open Fourth Round
- The marquee match-ups continue at the Australian Open. The fourth round begins with a blockbuster night encounter featuring home hope Nick Kyrgios against Grigor Dimitrov. The two just met a few weeks ago in Brisbane with Kyr...
- Nadal Steamrolls Into Australian Open 4th RD; Kyrgios Tsinks Tsonga, Dimitrov Next
- A week ago there were doubts about Rafael Nadal. Not anymore. Through three matches at the Australian Open, Rafael Nadal has looked dominant, especially so after crushing No. 28 seed Damir Dzumhur 6-1, 6-3, 6-1.
"When you ...
- Roger Federer: I'm Extremely Happy With My 2017 Season
- said of his knee. "So I'm actually very relieved that I was able to finish strong now in Shanghai, Laver Cup, Basel, now here again as well. It shows that things are in the past now. It's good to know that I can bounce back, ...