|Former Men's Basel Tennis Champions:
2009 Novak Djokovic
2008 Roger Federer
2007 Roger Federer
2006 Roger Federer
2005 Fernando Gonzalez
2004 Jiri Novak
2003 Guillermo Coria
2002 David Nalbandian
2001 Tim Henman
2000 Thomas Enqvist
1999 Karol Kucera
1998 Tim Henman
1997 Greg Rusedski
1996 Pete Sampras
1995 Jim Courier
1994 Wayne Ferreira
1993 Michael Stich
1992 Boris Becker
1991 Jakob Hlasek
1990 John McEnroe
1989 Jim Courier
1988 Stefan Edberg
1987 Yannick Noah
1986 Stefan Edberg
1985 Stefan Edberg
1984 Joakim Nystrom
1983 Vitas Gerulaitis
1982 Yannick Noah
1981 Ivan Lendl
1980 Ivan Lendl
1979 Brian Gottfried
1978 Guillermo Vilas
1977 Bjorn Borg
1976 Jan Kodes
1975 Jiri Hrebec
The latest Basel tournament news:
- Rafael Nadal Comes Back To Beat Andy Murray, Meets Gael Monfils In Monte Carlo Final; Who's The Pick?
- Turns out this week in Monte Carlo wasn't about Roger Federer's comeback, but instead about Rafael Nadal's! Nadal came into the European clay season with just one single solitary Top 40 win on what had been a dismal season. B...
- Novak Djokovic, Kei Nishikori Advance To Miami Open Final
- The final at the second Masters 1000 event of the season is set in Miami and it features World No. 1 Novak Djokovic and first-time finalist Kei Nishikori.
On Friday in the afternoon heat, Djokovic edged a very tough David ...
- Nishikori Escapes Monfils, Kyrgios Is Next; Djokovic v Goffin; Miami SF Picks And Pans
- Another Masters events and another surprising Final Four - remember when it used to be the same guys every week? There's Novak Djokovic back again, so too is David Goffin and newcomer Nick Kyrgios plus Kei Nishikori. That, af...
- Djokovic Back Spasms Don't Stop Berdych Beatdown in Miami
- World No. 1 Novak Djokovic fought through treatment from the trainer for back spasms during a 6-3, 6-3 win over Tomas Berdych in the late match on Wednesday night at the Miami Open.
The Serb moved into the semifinals and ...
- Djokovic Continues Roll, Murray On Deck Monday In Miami Against Dimitrov
- Novak Djokovic continued his Masters dominance Sunday evening easing past Joao Sousa 6-4, 6-1 in the third round at the Miami Open.
Djokovic, who has lost just once all season, is bidding for a sixth Miami title and third ...
- Nadal Picks Up Big Win Over Nishikori, But Can He Beat Djokovic? Indian Wells SF Picks And Pans
- er and then out-toughing Marin Cilic in the heat. And for what it's worth, he's beaten Milos Roanic before in Basel 18 months ago.
"A tall one and a small one," assessed Goffin. "Big server. I think it's good conditions fo...
- Djokovic, Nadal Win 3 Set Scares, Zverev Ousts Dimitrov; Tomic v Raonic Monday At Indian Wells
- Novak Djokovic overcame blustery conditions and an opening set loss to rally and beat American qualifier Bjorn Fratangelo 2-6, 6-1, 6-2.
The 22-year-old Fratangelo who just won his first tour-level match on Friday, came ou...
- Novak Djokovic Says He Feels Really Comfortable On The Indian Wells Courts
- World No. 1 Novak Djokovic met the press at Indian Wells ahead of his bid to win a third straight event in the desert. And, no surprise, it's a tournament he really likes.
"Conditions are I think pretty suitable to my styl...