|Former Men's Basel Tennis Champions:
2009 Novak Djokovic
2008 Roger Federer
2007 Roger Federer
2006 Roger Federer
2005 Fernando Gonzalez
2004 Jiri Novak
2003 Guillermo Coria
2002 David Nalbandian
2001 Tim Henman
2000 Thomas Enqvist
1999 Karol Kucera
1998 Tim Henman
1997 Greg Rusedski
1996 Pete Sampras
1995 Jim Courier
1994 Wayne Ferreira
1993 Michael Stich
1992 Boris Becker
1991 Jakob Hlasek
1990 John McEnroe
1989 Jim Courier
1988 Stefan Edberg
1987 Yannick Noah
1986 Stefan Edberg
1985 Stefan Edberg
1984 Joakim Nystrom
1983 Vitas Gerulaitis
1982 Yannick Noah
1981 Ivan Lendl
1980 Ivan Lendl
1979 Brian Gottfried
1978 Guillermo Vilas
1977 Bjorn Borg
1976 Jan Kodes
1975 Jiri Hrebec
The latest Basel tournament news:
- Roger Federer: I'm Extremely Happy With My 2017 Season
- said of his knee. "So I'm actually very relieved that I was able to finish strong now in Shanghai, Laver Cup, Basel, now here again as well. It shows that things are in the past now. It's good to know that I can bounce back, ...
- Federer Shocked By Goffin, Dimitrov Finally Gets Past Sock To Reach Title Match At ATP Finals
- David Goffin picked a good time for a career run. The Belgian had just a 2-22 career record v Top 5 players coming into the ATP Finals, but now he's added three more. Goffin stunned Rafael Nadal on Monday, then Dominic Thiem ...
- Goffin Advances To London ATP SF To Face Federer; Sock v Dimitrov
- rday is a date with Roger Federer. The Swiss has owned Goffin winning all six meeting including a beatdown in Basel last month.
“I've never found a key to beat Roger," Goffin said. "Honestly, I don't know what to do tomo...
- Federer, Zverev Win Open Up ATP Finals With Victories
- today and had actually good energy," Federer said. "This is the best I've felt since the Del Potro final (in Basel). I'm very happy to see that I didn't have to pay the price for taking it easy and resting and recovering. Bu...
- ATP Finals Preview: Nadal Seeks First London Title, Federer An 8th
- s. With seven titles here, Federer is the choice and after a few weeks off following trophies in Shanghai and Basel, he should be rested and revved up. Maybe Cilic gives him trouble, otherwise he wins the group. I think the s...
- Wozniacki Beats Venus in WTA Finals, Capping Wacky WTA Season
- Caroline Wozniacki beat Venus Williams in the unlikely WTA Finals final, capping an unlikely year where the No. 1 ranking switched hands a number of times in the absence of the women's game's stars.
Seven players could fi...
- Federer Downs Del Potro to Win ATP Basel, Withdraws from Paris
- wasn't in peak form, Roger Federer ground out a three-set win over Juan Martin del Potro in the Swiss Indoors Basel final on Sunday, defeating the Argentine defending champion 6-7(5), 6-4, 6-3.
It was Federer's eighth car...
- Roger Federer Moves Into Sole Possession Of 2nd On ATP Open Era Title Leaderboard
- Following his eighth Basel title today, Roger Federer moved into sole possession of second place on the ATP's Open Era title leaderboard with 95.
Federer is now *just* 14 behind Jimmy Connors for the Open Era record. Feder...