Brisbane Tennis - 2014 Brisbane International presented by Suncorp
- Location: Brisbane, Australia
- Schedule: Sunday, December 29 - Sunday, January 5
- Begins on: Men's --Sunday, December 29 Women's -- Monday, December 29
- Draw Size: S-28 D-16
- Surface: Hard
- Prize Money: Men's -- $452,670 Women's -- $1,000,000
- Tournament Director: WTA Tournament Director: Cameron Pearson
- Official Website: www.brisbaneinternational.com.au/
- TV Schedule / Brisbane Live Streaming
Do you like Brisbane?
|Former Men's Brisbane Tennis Champions:
2009 Radek Stepanek
2008 Michael Llodra
2007 Novak Djokovic
2006 Florent Serra
2005 Joachim Johansson
2004 Dominik Hrbaty
2003 Nikolay Davydenko
2002 Tim Henman
2001 Tommy Haas
2000 Lleyton Hewitt
1999 Thomas Enqvist
1998 Lleyton Hewitt
1997 Todd Woodbridge
1996 Yevgeny Kafelnikov
1995 Jim Courier
1994 Yevgeny Kafelnikov
1993 Nicklas Kulti
1992 Goran Ivanisevic
1991 Nicklas Kulti
1990 Thomas Muster
1989 Mark Woodforde
1988 Mark Woodforde
1987 Wally Masur
1985 Eddie Edwards
1984 Peter Doohan
1983 Mike Bauer
1982 Mike Bauer
1981 Mark Edmondson
1979 Kim Warwick
1977 Victor Amaya
1974 Dick Stockton
1972 Alex Metreveli
The latest Brisbane tournament news:
- 2015 Australian Open Women's Final Open Thread: Serena Williams v Maria Sharapova
- 3rd GS final today) and V.Williams (14, going 7-7)
Both finalists are unbeaten on the tour so far in 2015: Brisbane International champion Sharapova enters the final at 11-0 while Williams is 6-0 (although she did lose exhibi...
- Serena, Sharapova, Murray Into Aussie Open Finals
- do everything I can to get the title."
Sharapova has lost 15 times in a row against Williams, last year at Brisbane and Miami, and has not won a set off Williams since 2013 Miami. She last beat Williams at the 2004 WTA champi...
- Keys Stuns Venus, Will Face Serena In Australian Open SFs; Sharapova v Makarova
- forward. I'm want to enjoy this time and want to rest and we'll see what happen in semis."
Sharapova, the Brisbane champ and 2008 Australian Open winner, saved two matchpoints in her second round. Makarova hasn't dropped a s...
- Murray, Kyrgios Win Emotional Matches to Set Up Australian Open Quarters Date
- tter what. Really kind of take it to her, go for my shots."
Sharapova is now 8-0 in 2015 after winning the Brisbane title.
Also lining up a quarterfinal meeting were No. 3 seed Simona Halep and Australia-inspired and No. 1...
- Keys to the Match Puts American in 4th Rd. at Aussie Open; Djokovic Dominant
- tournament] towels. 'Did you get another towel?' Mom, I won. She's like, 'But the towels.' I got her one from Brisbane. I didn't get one from Hobart. I just think she really likes the Slam towels. I'm trying to get as many towel...
- Andy Murray: If I Had To Bet, I Think Roger Federer Will Win Another Grand Slam
- players. But, yeah, Roger was one of the favorites at the start of the event. Obviously the way he played in Brisbane and finished last year, he's definitely still got chances to win Grand Slams."
Murray advanced to the four...
- Roger Federer: For Some Reason I Had Feeling It Wasn't Going To Be Simple Against Seppi
Federer has made the Australian Open semifinals 11 straight years, and he had just won the Brisbane title. At 33, his last Grand Slam title remains the 2012. His last hardcourt Slam came in Melbourne five year...
- Juan Martin Del Potro Has Withdrawn From Australian Open
- year-old said his surgically repaired wrist is not quite ready for Grand Slam play.
After withdrawing from Brisbane, the Argentine was excited to be back on the court in Sydney where he won two matches. But with continued pai...