- Location: Brisbane, Australia
- Schedule: Sunday, December 29 - Sunday, January 5
- Begins on: Men's --Sunday, December 29 Women's -- Monday, December 29
- Draw Size: S-28 D-16
- Surface: Hard
- Prize Money: Men's -- $452,670 Women's -- $1,000,000
- Tournament Director: WTA Tournament Director: Cameron Pearson
- Official Website: www.brisbaneinternational.com.au/
- TV Schedule / Brisbane Live Streaming
Do you like Brisbane?
|Former Men's Brisbane Tennis Champions:
2009 Radek Stepanek
2008 Michael Llodra
2007 Novak Djokovic
2006 Florent Serra
2005 Joachim Johansson
2004 Dominik Hrbaty
2003 Nikolay Davydenko
2002 Tim Henman
2001 Tommy Haas
2000 Lleyton Hewitt
1999 Thomas Enqvist
1998 Lleyton Hewitt
1997 Todd Woodbridge
1996 Yevgeny Kafelnikov
1995 Jim Courier
1994 Yevgeny Kafelnikov
1993 Nicklas Kulti
1992 Goran Ivanisevic
1991 Nicklas Kulti
1990 Thomas Muster
1989 Mark Woodforde
1988 Mark Woodforde
1987 Wally Masur
1985 Eddie Edwards
1984 Peter Doohan
1983 Mike Bauer
1982 Mike Bauer
1981 Mark Edmondson
1979 Kim Warwick
1977 Victor Amaya
1974 Dick Stockton
1972 Alex Metreveli
The latest Brisbane tournament news:
- Serena Dodging Azarenka? Muguruza Upset Monday in Madrid; Tues. Preview
- Who is No. 1 this year? The rankings say Serena Williams. But the titles say Victoria Azarenka, who has won Brisbane and the difficult back-to-back Indian Wells and Miami.
Serena has zero titles this year in three tournamen...
- Federer, Murray Begin Clay Season Tuesday In Monte Carlo; Thiem, Raonic Winners
- ned to return in Miami but withdrew due to gastroenteritis. Prior to his injury, Federer reached the final in Brisbane (l. to Raonic) and the semi-finals at the Australian Open (l. to Djokovic) on Jan. 28. The four-time finalist...
- Serena Williams And Victoria Azarenka Will Resume Rivalry For Indian Wells Title Sunday
Serena is seeking her first title since Cincinnati last summer while Azarenka her second of the year after Brisbane.
If Azarenka wins she'll return to the Top 10.
- Azarenka Bakes Bagels, Meets Pliskova In Friday Indian Wells SFs; Serena v Radwanska Rematch
- va will face former No. 1 Azarenka for a third time. The Czech beat Azarenka last year in a tough 3-setter in Brisbane.
In the first semifinal Friday, it's a rematch from their Australian Open clash in this same round as Sere...
- Garbine Muguruza: I'm Not Ready To Compete, I Need To Start From Zero Again
- ecord) before regaining form just after hiring Sam Sumyk as her new coach.
But she retired first round in Brisbane and in the third round at the Australian Open to Barbora Strycova. So injuries have also been an issue.
- Serena Williams: Everyone Expects Me To Win Every Single Match, But I'm Not A Robot
- . 2 in the world now?
SERENA WILLIAMS: I think so. I mean, she's had a great month. She got to the finals in Brisbane. She won here. So, yeah. I was surprised and really happy for her. I'm like, Whoa, No. 2.
What's after 2 i...
- Andy Murray: I Don't Think Many People Are Expecting Me To Win On Sunday Against Novak
- l of play?
ANDY MURRAY: Not really. I'd seen him play a lot since I arrived in Australia. I saw his final in Brisbane. I even saw a little bit of his matches in the tournament in Abu Dhabi, and then obviously a little bit of hi...
- Milos Raonic: After The Injury, That's Probably The Most Heartbroken I've Felt On A Tennis Court
- rt, but that's what it is.
Q. Have you had this before?
MILOS RAONIC: I struggled with it a little bit in Brisbane, but it was not an issue so far in Melbourne.
Q. Did you think you still had a chance even though you were...