The latest Guangzhou tournament news:
- Wickmayer Whips Top-seeded Shuai at WTA Guangzhou
- in the land of the rising sun, upsetting No. 1 seed Peng Shuai 6-4, 6-4 to move into the quarterfinals at the Guangzhou Open in China.
"She is a tough player, tough opponent," Wickmayer said afterwards. "I've always had tough ...
- Niculescu Upsets Kvitova, Knots 1st Title in Over 2 Years at WTA Luxembourg
- "She's not here, but happy birthday mom!" she said during the on-court ceremony. It was her first title since Guangzhou in 2014, and she improved to 3-4 in career finals.
The Monte Carlo resident Kvitova fell to 1-1 in finals ...
- Wozniacki, Arruabarrena, Tsurenko Win WTA Titles Over Weekend
- rena improved to 2-0 in career finals, as Niculescu fell to 2-4.
Tsurenko Upsets Former No. 1 Jankovic for Guangzhou Title
The Ukraine's Lesia Tsurenko won her second career title on Sunday, beating former world No. 1 and N...
- Wozniacki Faces Radwanska In Tokyo, Osaka Into First WTA SF; Jankovic Seeks Title Defense In Guangzhou
- appy that it finished my way!"
The 18-year-old Osaka is appearing in her first career WTA semifinal.
In Guangzhou, Jelena Jankovic will try to defend her 2015 title against Lesia Tsurenko of the Ukraine.
"I'm very happy ...
- Muguruza, 5 of Top 10 at Loaded Tokyo; WTA Previews
- ield are Radwanska (2015,'11), Kvitova (2013), and Wozniacki (2010).
GUANGZHOU INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S OPEN
Guangzhou, China; Surface: hard
Seeds: Sara Errani, Jelena Jankovic, Ana Konjuh, Christina McHale, Alison Riske, Dan...
- US Open Champion Flavia Pennetta Returns In Beijing, Simon Halep Injured, Petra Kvitova Loses
- continue with the tendon, so, I hope to just recover and be healthy again soon.
"I felt it a little bit in Guangzhou, a little bit in Wuhan, and here was the worst."
The Romanian hopes to recover for the BNP Paribas WTA Fin...
- Jankovic, Radwanska, Begu Win WTA Titles Over Weekend
- fter her first championship in over a year, while Bencic fell to 2-3.
Jankovic Tames Streaking Allertova for Guangzhou Title
Former world No. 1 Jelena Jankovic brought a halt to the upset run of Denisa Allertova 6-2, 6-0 on Sun...
- Tsonga v Simon In Metz; Raonic Seeks First Title In A Year In Russia; Bencic Continues To Blossom
- king his first indoor title in two years.
On the women's tour, former No. 1 Jelena Jankovic wrapped up the Guangzhou title. And tomorrow the surging Belinda Bencic meets Agnieszka Radwanska for the Tokyo title.
Just 18, Ben...