The latest Hobart tournament news:
- Ironwoman Mertens Wins 5 Matches in 2 Days for WTA Lugano Crowns
- 2 seed in the singles final beat Belarusian teen Aryna Sabalenka 7-5, 6-2, for her second title of 2018 after Hobart.
"[Sabalenka is] very powerful and also has a great serve, so I tried to keep my balls deep and as aggress...
- Mertens Upsets Svitolina, Sets Wozniacki Meeting at Australian Open
Mertens, who trains at Kim Clijsters' academy, was ranked No. 36 to begin the year when she won the WTA Hobart title, and took that momentum into Melbourne. The 22-year-old failed to close out the first set serving at 5-...
- Nadal, Dimitrov Bid For Australian Open Rematch; Svitolina Seeks First Slam Semi
- alian Open. Today, the quarterfinals begin with star-studded line-up today.
In the afternoon on Rod Laver, Hobart champion Elise Mertens meets Brisbane winner Elina Svitolina for a spot in a first Grand Slam semifinal for e...
- Wozniacki Rolls Into Quarters; No. 1 Halep v Osaka Monday at Australian Open
- d thank you guys for staying that late," Svitolina said after finishing around 1 a.m., looking forward to the Hobart winner Mertens. "She has a good start to the year, she's playing good tennis."
On court Monday in women's ...
- Dimitrov v Kyrgios, Nadal, Wozniacki Headline Start Of Australian Open Fourth Round
- Suarez Navarro opens Laver against Anett Kontaveit and maybe in the best match of the day, Petra Martic meets Hobart winner Elise Mertens.
SUNDAY AUSTRALIAN OPEN SCHEDULE
Rod Laver Arena
A. Kontaveit (32) v C. S...
- Wozniacki Wins Late Match, Ostapenko Ousted at Australian Open Day 5
- "I didn't feel good on the court, I didn't really feel my game was really there. That's why I decided to skip Hobart and took more days to practice. Match to match, I just felt better and better."
Mertens, who won the Hobar...
- CoCo Goes Nuts, Venus Loses Amidst Day 1 Upsets at Australian Open
- began her campaign to potentially re-take the No. 1 ranking in Melbourne by rolling over last week's surprise Hobart finalist Mihaela Buzarnescu of Romania 6-2, 6-3.
"I never look at the draw, to be honest," said a relaxed ...
- Preview: Serena Out; Women's Australian Open Likely to See a 1st-Time Winner
- can upstart Bellis, and (2) Woz in an interesting match-up vs. the streaking unknown Buzarnescu who is in the Hobart final this weekend...(7) Ostapenko is 1-3 in last 4 matches and 0-1 in 2018.
Serena beat Venus in the all-...