- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Schedule: Sunday, May 4 - Sunday, May 11
- Begins on: Men's --Sunday, May 4 Women's -- Saturday, May 3
- Draw Size: S-56 D-24
- Surface: Clay
- Prize Money: Men's -- 3,671,405 Women's -- $4,336,397
- Tournament Director: WTA Tournament Director: Manolo Santana
- Official Website: www.madrid-open.com/
- TV Schedule / Madrid Live Streaming
- About: From the hardcourts, to the red to the blue and now back to the red, it's been quite a journey already for the Madrid Masters under tournament impresario Ion Tiriac. After a controversial 2012 played on the blue clay, the tournament and the players welcome the return of the traditional red to Spain's biggest tennis event. But the altitude remains an issue and the weather can get inclement, but life in the Magic Box is often pleasent. The mixed field again includes the best and the brightest tennis has to offer with Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray, Serena Williams, Maria Sharapova and of course favorite son Rafael Nadal. Vamos!
Do you like Madrid?
|Former Men's Madrid Tennis Champions:
2012 Roger Federer
2011 Novak Djokovic
2010 Rafael Nadal
2009 Roger Federer
2008 Andy Murray
2007 David Nalbandian
2006 Roger Federer
2005 Rafael Nadal
2004 Marat Safin
2003 Juan Carlos Ferrero
2002 Andre Agassi
The latest Madrid tournament news:
- Kei Nishikori Knocked Out Of Rio In Racquet-Smashing Loss [Video]
- US Open.
Before the win, Bellucci was just 1-18 vs. Top 5 players having beaten No. 4 Andy Murray at 2011 Madrid.
- Rafael Nadal To Return To Queen's, Part Of Busy Schedule Ahead
- ian Wells and Miami in March.
Nadal will again play a heavy clay schedule entering Monte Carlo, Barcelona, Madrid and Rome before he begins his bid to win a 10th French Open. Then to the grass with Queen's and Wimbledon bef...
- Rafael Nadal: I Believe If I Keep Playing Like This, Good Things Can Happen, Especially On Clay
Today I am enjoying the sport. Last year I only had the chance to enjoy the sport between Indian Wells and Madrid, because in Madrid I got injury in quarterfinals. That's the real feeling.
At this moment in my career, mo...
- Andy Murray Is Your New ATP No. 1!
- o Delbonis at Indian Wells, Dimitrov in Miami followed by clay losses to Nadal in Monte Carlo and Djokovic in Madrid, but he won Rome, reached the French Open final, reunited with Ivan Lendl and since then won another Wimbledo...
- Rafael Nadal Hit This Fantastic Tweener At The US Open Friday Night [Video]
- t set-up match point Friday night against Andrey Kuznetsov.
"Not many times, but I remember one in Madrid against Djokovic," Nadal said of hitting a successful tweener.
Nadal goes into his first week 2 at a Grand...
- Novak Djokovic v Kei Nishikori For The Toronto Canadian Open Title, Who's The Pick?
- beating Nishikori eight straight times, including in the last three Masters events. Miami was a mismatch. In Madrid, Kei played better and then in the Rome semifinals he really had a shot when he lost to Novak in a final set ...
- Serena Skates By; Faces Bertens in French Open Semis Friday
- r only career meeting at last year's US Open 7-6(5), 6-3. Stosur won her only career meeting with Muguruza at Madrid in 2014 in three sets.
- Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray On French Open Collision Course, But The Scot Is A Round Ahead
- oved a lot on clay. He's playing so well, especially if you look at this year. He won Rome, made the final in Madrid and made the semifinals in Monaco.
"So it's going to be an interesting match. We’ve had good battles in ...