- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Schedule: Sunday, May 4 - Sunday, May 11
- Begins on: Men's --Sunday, May 4 Women's -- Saturday, May 3
- Draw Size: S-56 D-24
- Surface: Clay
- Prize Money: Men's -- 3,671,405 Women's -- $4,336,397
- Tournament Director: WTA Tournament Director: Manolo Santana
- Official Website: www.madrid-open.com/
- TV Schedule / Madrid Live Streaming
- About: From the hardcourts, to the red to the blue and now back to the red, it's been quite a journey already for the Madrid Masters under tournament impresario Ion Tiriac. After a controversial 2012 played on the blue clay, the tournament and the players welcome the return of the traditional red to Spain's biggest tennis event. But the altitude remains an issue and the weather can get inclement, but life in the Magic Box is often pleasent. The mixed field again includes the best and the brightest tennis has to offer with Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray, Serena Williams, Maria Sharapova and of course favorite son Rafael Nadal. Vamos!
Do you like Madrid?
|Former Men's Madrid Tennis Champions:
2012 Roger Federer
2011 Novak Djokovic
2010 Rafael Nadal
2009 Roger Federer
2008 Andy Murray
2007 David Nalbandian
2006 Roger Federer
2005 Rafael Nadal
2004 Marat Safin
2003 Juan Carlos Ferrero
2002 Andre Agassi
The latest Madrid tournament news:
- Rafael Nadal Hit This Fantastic Tweener At The US Open Friday Night [Video]
- t set-up match point Friday night against Andrey Kuznetsov.
"Not many times, but I remember one in Madrid against Djokovic," Nadal said of hitting a successful tweener.
Nadal goes into his first week 2 at a Grand...
- Novak Djokovic v Kei Nishikori For The Toronto Canadian Open Title, Who's The Pick?
- beating Nishikori eight straight times, including in the last three Masters events. Miami was a mismatch. In Madrid, Kei played better and then in the Rome semifinals he really had a shot when he lost to Novak in a final set ...
- Serena Skates By; Faces Bertens in French Open Semis Friday
- r only career meeting at last year's US Open 7-6(5), 6-3. Stosur won her only career meeting with Muguruza at Madrid in 2014 in three sets.
- Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray On French Open Collision Course, But The Scot Is A Round Ahead
- oved a lot on clay. He's playing so well, especially if you look at this year. He won Rome, made the final in Madrid and made the semifinals in Monaco.
"So it's going to be an interesting match. We’ve had good battles in ...
- Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray, Serena Williams Headline Water-Logged Tuesday French Open Schedule
- and Serena Williams.
Djokovic will test Roberto Bautista Agut in a rematch of an easy win for the Serb in Madrid. Djokovic and the other seven players on the top half are right now scheduled to play four best-of-5 set matc...
- Richard Gasquet Brings Parisians to Feet with Kei Nishikori Upset at French Open; Novak Djokovic Monday
- y, very deep and very fast, because he's playing with big rhythm. If I'm playing short like I did in Rome and Madrid, I have no chance to win."
Gasquet's coach, former Roland Garros champ Sergi Bruguera, pumped-up his charg...
- Kvitova, Stephens Make Ugly Exits at French Open; Williams Sisters Saturday
- Friday was a 4-6, 6-2, 6-3 winner over Japan's Naomi Osaka. Stosur only won two games off Halep weeks ago in Madrid. "I'm not going to think too much about that, why I fell apart, I'm not going to lose too much sleep over tha...
- Serena Williams Wins, Watches Path Get Easier at French Open; Angelique Kerber Out
- le, and outlasted the German 6-2, 3-6, 6-3. Kerber's confidence in Paris wasn't apparent after early exits in Madrid and Rome, then pulling out of Nurnberg.
"I came here to play round by round, and I know that you must play...