Madrid Tennis - 2014 Mutua Madrid Open
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Schedule: Sunday, May 4 - Sunday, May 11
- Begins on: Men's --Sunday, May 4 Women's -- Saturday, May 3
- Draw Size: S-56 D-24
- Surface: Clay
- Prize Money: Men's -- 3,671,405 Women's -- $4,336,397
- Tournament Director: WTA Tournament Director: Manolo Santana
- Official Website: www.madrid-open.com/
- TV Schedule / Madrid Live Streaming
- About: From the hardcourts, to the red to the blue and now back to the red, it's been quite a journey already for the Madrid Masters under tournament impresario Ion Tiriac. After a controversial 2012 played on the blue clay, the tournament and the players welcome the return of the traditional red to Spain's biggest tennis event. But the altitude remains an issue and the weather can get inclement, but life in the Magic Box is often pleasent. The mixed field again includes the best and the brightest tennis has to offer with Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray, Serena Williams, Maria Sharapova and of course favorite son Rafael Nadal. Vamos!
Do you like Madrid?
|Former Men's Madrid Tennis Champions:
2012 Roger Federer
2011 Novak Djokovic
2010 Rafael Nadal
2009 Roger Federer
2008 Andy Murray
2007 David Nalbandian
2006 Roger Federer
2005 Rafael Nadal
2004 Marat Safin
2003 Juan Carlos Ferrero
2002 Andre Agassi
The latest Madrid tournament news:
- Djokovic, Murray Survive Scares In Cincinnati, Nadal Doesn't; Federer Flies Past Anderson
- sn't matter the way he played because I was playing so good today."
Nadal hasn't won a Masters event since Madrid last year and the last time he played a Masters in the US he lost to another lefty Spaniard, Fernando Verdasc...
- Andy Murray Now Has Masters Titles Over Rafael Nadal And Novak Djokovic This Year
- he Big 3 since back surgery (0-12). But he has beaten Rafael Nadal on Rafa's favorite surface in Spain to win Madrid, and now added a victory over 3-time Canadian Open champion Djokovic on the Serb's best surface.
With his ...
- Belinda Bencic Shocks Serena In Canadian Open Toronto, Faces Simona Halep In Final
That's just Serena's second loss of the season after Petra Kvitova showed her the exits in this round in Madrid. Kvitova has two Wimbledon titles to go with a huge lefty serve and a big forehand. And while Serena was hind...
- Defending Champion Tsonga v Coric, Monfils v Fognini Monday In Montreal; Venus v Lisicki In Toronto
- erer in the Wimbledon final, and No. 3 Andy Murray, who claimed his 10th ATP World Tour Masters 1000 title in Madrid (d. Nadal). Three-time champion Djokovic and Murray, a two-time winner in Canada, are two of four former cham...
- Andy Murray Begins Summer Hardcourt Season In Washington This Week [Video]
- ived for any event the whole year."
Ranked No. 3, Murray is 48-7 on the season with three titles (Queen's, Madrid, Munich). Since the start of March, Murray has won 36 of his last 40 matches, losing only to the two guys ran...
- Roger Federer v Andy Murray, Novak Djokovic v Richard Gasquet; Wimbledon SF Picks And Pans
The Married Murray's won 25 of 26 matches with wins over guys like Kei Nishikori and Rafael Nadal in Madrid, David Ferrer and Nick Kyrgios at the French, and this week he has wins over Ivo Karlovic and Vasek Pospisil....
- Serena Hits Slam-Winning Gear; French Open Women's Semis on Thursday
- unforced errors.
"I wasn't able to serve well in my first couple of matches here because I hurt my arm in Madrid, and in Rome I had to pull out," she said. "I haven't had a great claycourt season, so I'm pretty excited to ...
- Novak Djokovic v Rafael Nadal, Who's The Pick? Also Andy Murray-David Ferrer
- off a remarkable 14 straight matches and his first two clay titles, including a win over Nadal in a lopsided Madrid final.
And he's looked all business so far in Paris. He's dropped a couple of sets but no harm, no foul. T...