- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Schedule: Sunday, May 4 - Sunday, May 11
- Begins on: Men's --Sunday, May 4 Women's -- Saturday, May 3
- Draw Size: S-56 D-24
- Surface: Clay
- Prize Money: Men's -- 3,671,405 Women's -- $4,336,397
- Tournament Director: WTA Tournament Director: Manolo Santana
- Official Website: www.madrid-open.com/
- TV Schedule / Madrid Live Streaming
- About: From the hardcourts, to the red to the blue and now back to the red, it's been quite a journey already for the Madrid Masters under tournament impresario Ion Tiriac. After a controversial 2012 played on the blue clay, the tournament and the players welcome the return of the traditional red to Spain's biggest tennis event. But the altitude remains an issue and the weather can get inclement, but life in the Magic Box is often pleasent. The mixed field again includes the best and the brightest tennis has to offer with Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray, Serena Williams, Maria Sharapova and of course favorite son Rafael Nadal. Vamos!
Do you like Madrid?
|Former Men's Madrid Tennis Champions:
2012 Roger Federer
2011 Novak Djokovic
2010 Rafael Nadal
2009 Roger Federer
2008 Andy Murray
2007 David Nalbandian
2006 Roger Federer
2005 Rafael Nadal
2004 Marat Safin
2003 Juan Carlos Ferrero
2002 Andre Agassi
The latest Madrid tournament news:
- Andy Murray v Milos Raonic Australian Open Semifinal, Who's The Pick?
- ir six meetings with Raonic winning three of their first four; Murray the last two including last year on the Madrid clay.
"Because far from where we were 14 months ago, we're both very different and I think improved playe...
- Rafael Nadal Wary Of First Rounder Against Fernando Verdasco
Nadal leads 14-2 but Verdasco has won a set in their last three winning two at Miami last year and in 2012 Madrid. Nadal won their most recent match on the Hamburg clay.
The 2009 champ won't have to face rival Novak Djok...
- Roger Federer Proves Novak Djokovic Is Beatable; Andy Murray Meets Rafael Nadal Wednesday At ATP Finals
- l and Andy Murray collide for the just the second time in 18 months. Murray whipped Rafa earlier this year in Madrid. So just a hunch, Rafa will want revenge on Murray's home soil.
Nadal leads 15-6 winning 7 of their last 9...
- Despite A Poor Season, Rafael Nadal Hopes To Finally Win The ATP Finals
- t with three titles in 2015, winning in Buenos Aires, Stuttgart and Hamburg and reached three other finals at Madrid, Beijing and Basel. Rafa, though, is just 4-10 vs Top 10 players this year.
- Maria Sharapova, Russia In Fed Cup Finals Against Petra Kvitova's Czech Republic Team
- lag of USSR, but did not defeat the Czechs again for another 20 years – in a World Group round-robin tie in Madrid, Spain in 2001.
Russia is playing a tie in Czech Republic for the first time. The 2011 Final in Moscow was...
- Rafael Nadal Begins Indoor Season Hoping To End Year Strong
- Shanghai (l. to Tsonga).
Nadal has won two career indoor ATP World Tour titles, at 2005 ATP Masters 1000 Madrid and 2013 Sao Paulo (on clay).
He'll play Lukas Rosol later today.
- Rafael Nadal, Tomas Berdych Qualify For ATP London Finals
- s at Buenos Aires (d. Monaco), Stuttgart (d. Troicki) and Hamburg (d. Fognini). He has also reached finals in Madrid (l. to No. 3 Murray) and Beijing. He boasts a 52-17 match record on the season.
In beating Wawrinka in the...
- Djokovic, Murray Survive Scares In Cincinnati, Nadal Doesn't; Federer Flies Past Anderson
- sn't matter the way he played because I was playing so good today."
Nadal hasn't won a Masters event since Madrid last year and the last time he played a Masters in the US he lost to another lefty Spaniard, Fernando Verdasc...