Madrid Tennis - 2014 Mutua Madrid Open
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Schedule: Sunday, May 4 - Sunday, May 11
- Begins on: Men's --Sunday, May 4 Women's -- Saturday, May 3
- Draw Size: S-56 D-24
- Surface: Clay
- Prize Money: Men's -- 3,671,405 Women's -- $4,336,397
- Tournament Director: WTA Tournament Director: Manolo Santana
- Official Website: www.madrid-open.com/
- TV Schedule / Madrid Live Streaming
- About: From the hardcourts, to the red to the blue and now back to the red, it's been quite a journey already for the Madrid Masters under tournament impresario Ion Tiriac. After a controversial 2012 played on the blue clay, the tournament and the players welcome the return of the traditional red to Spain's biggest tennis event. But the altitude remains an issue and the weather can get inclement, but life in the Magic Box is often pleasent. The mixed field again includes the best and the brightest tennis has to offer with Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray, Serena Williams, Maria Sharapova and of course favorite son Rafael Nadal. Vamos!
Do you like Madrid?
|Former Men's Madrid Tennis Champions:
2012 Roger Federer
2011 Novak Djokovic
2010 Rafael Nadal
2009 Roger Federer
2008 Andy Murray
2007 David Nalbandian
2006 Roger Federer
2005 Rafael Nadal
2004 Marat Safin
2003 Juan Carlos Ferrero
2002 Andre Agassi
The latest Madrid tournament news:
- Serena Hits Slam-Winning Gear; French Open Women's Semis on Thursday
- unforced errors.
"I wasn't able to serve well in my first couple of matches here because I hurt my arm in Madrid, and in Rome I had to pull out," she said. "I haven't had a great claycourt season, so I'm pretty excited to ...
- Novak Djokovic v Rafael Nadal, Who's The Pick? Also Andy Murray-David Ferrer
- off a remarkable 14 straight matches and his first two clay titles, including a win over Nadal in a lopsided Madrid final.
And he's looked all business so far in Paris. He's dropped a couple of sets but no harm, no foul. T...
- French Open Women's Quarterfinals Previews and Predictions
(7) Ana Ivanovic vs. (19) Elina Svitolina
Ivanovic is 6-0 career, beating the Ukranian this year in Madrid in straights. Two of the meetings were on clay, where the Serb hasn't lost a set. You do the math.
- Ivanovic, Svitolina Advance To QF At Rainy French Open; Sharapova, Serena Monday
- ughout this tournament, and obviously she's been improving her form each match," Ivanovic said. "We played in Madrid just a few weeks ago. She's a young player and I have been speaking about her for a long time. I think we are...
- Sharapova Stomps On Stosur; Serena v Azarenka Saturday At French Open
- en Serena Williams and Victoria Azarenka. Serena leads 15-3 including an incredible win earlier this month in Madrid where Azarenka served for the match at 6-5, 40-0 in the third set before imploding losing 12 of the last 13 p...
- Federer Reaches 11th French Open 4th RD, Cuevas Chokes; Young Aussies Take On Slam Champs Saturday
- ting Benoit Paire in four sets. He'll next get Jo-Wilfried Tsonga who toppled Pablo Andujar.
"We played in Madrid; I won that match,” Berdych said of Tsonga. “I’m feeling good. I'm feeling confident. [I’m] just look...
- Kei Nishikori: "I Have A Lot Of Confidence On Clay Right Now"
- ikori. The 25-year-old broke through a year ago winning in Barcelona then nearly stunning Rafael Nadal in the Madrid final before a back injury ended his title hopes.
Nishikori then did one better, dismissing Novak Djokovic...
- Murray Sails Into French Open 2nd RD, Stays Perfect On Clay; Djokovic, Nadal On Court Tuesday
- first round of the French Open.
Murray, a 2-time French Open semifinalist and recent winner of Munich and Madrid, felt he did well against a tough Argentine opponent.
"It was definitely tricky," Murray said. "I think he...