Madrid Tennis - 2014 Mutua Madrid Open
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Schedule: Sunday, May 4 - Sunday, May 11
- Begins on: Men's --Sunday, May 4 Women's -- Saturday, May 3
- Draw Size: S-56 D-24
- Surface: Clay
- Prize Money: Men's -- 3,671,405 Women's -- $4,336,397
- Tournament Director: WTA Tournament Director: Manolo Santana
- Official Website: www.madrid-open.com/
- TV Schedule / Madrid Live Streaming
- About: From the hardcourts, to the red to the blue and now back to the red, it's been quite a journey already for the Madrid Masters under tournament impresario Ion Tiriac. After a controversial 2012 played on the blue clay, the tournament and the players welcome the return of the traditional red to Spain's biggest tennis event. But the altitude remains an issue and the weather can get inclement, but life in the Magic Box is often pleasent. The mixed field again includes the best and the brightest tennis has to offer with Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray, Serena Williams, Maria Sharapova and of course favorite son Rafael Nadal. Vamos!
Do you like Madrid?
|Former Men's Madrid Tennis Champions:
2012 Roger Federer
2011 Novak Djokovic
2010 Rafael Nadal
2009 Roger Federer
2008 Andy Murray
2007 David Nalbandian
2006 Roger Federer
2005 Rafael Nadal
2004 Marat Safin
2003 Juan Carlos Ferrero
2002 Andre Agassi
The latest Madrid tournament news:
- Rafael Nadal Surprises World By Declaring Clay Season Is His Most Favorite Part Of The Year!
- fortable in every city, in every tournament."
Nadal's clay schedule takes him to Monte Carlo, Barcelona, Madrid, Rome and then the French Open. Last year the Spaniard won three of the four, losing only in the Monte Carlo ...
- Novak Djokovic: I'll Focus On The French Open In Paris, But Not Before Then
- effort into it, but only when the time comes.
"Right now I want to dedicate my attention to Monte-Carlo, Madrid and Rome, three very big tournaments on clay. This is where I want to do well and eventually get myself in a ...
- 2014 Marquee Clay Schedules: Follow Nadal, Djokovic And Federer On The Road To Roland Garros
- el really great!
Nadal will again be under immense ranking pressure have to defending titles in Barcelona, Madrid and Rome plus a final in Monte Carlo and of course the French. If he stumbles the door could be open for Nova...
- Rafael Nadal: Playing Against Djokovic Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To Me
- again had to defend a bunch of ranking points. Last year he reached the Monte Carlo final then won Barcelona, Madrid, Rome and then the French Open.
Rafa's won 28 straight matches on clay since losing to Djokovic in the 201...
- Djokovic v Murray, Federer v Nishikori; Wednesday Miami QF Picks And Pans
- struction of Richard Gasquet yesterday - this pick is pretty easy.
Nishikori did beat Federer last year at Madrid and the guy has additional wins over Ferrer and also Novak Djokovic, so he's got the talent and the game to p...
- Simona Halep: I Get Recognized Everywhere In Romania, Everybody Knows Me!
- French Open. But her big break came last year when her countryman Ion Tiriac gave her a wildcard to play the Madrid Masters.
"It's very important to have a chance to play on main draw at big tournaments," she said. "So I h...
- Stan the Grand Slam Man: Australian Open Reaction
- wo of his four opponents were ranked well outside the top 100. He did reach a Masters final, also on clay, in Madrid, falling to the King of Clay himself, Rafael Nadal. So in a way, Wawrinka’s first major championship at...
- Rafael Nadal: I'm Very Happy I Played My Best Match Of The Tournament Against Roger Tonight
- oblems in my career.
2006 I didn't had the chance to play for the injury on the feet at the end of 2005 in Madrid. I remember 2010 and '11. 2010 I think was against Andy I had to retire because of a problem in the knee; 2...