- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Schedule: Sunday, May 4 - Sunday, May 11
- Begins on: Men's --Sunday, May 4 Women's -- Saturday, May 3
- Draw Size: S-56 D-24
- Surface: Clay
- Prize Money: Men's -- 3,671,405 Women's -- $4,336,397
- Tournament Director: WTA Tournament Director: Manolo Santana
- Official Website: www.madrid-open.com/
- TV Schedule / Madrid Live Streaming
- About: From the hardcourts, to the red to the blue and now back to the red, it's been quite a journey already for the Madrid Masters under tournament impresario Ion Tiriac. After a controversial 2012 played on the blue clay, the tournament and the players welcome the return of the traditional red to Spain's biggest tennis event. But the altitude remains an issue and the weather can get inclement, but life in the Magic Box is often pleasent. The mixed field again includes the best and the brightest tennis has to offer with Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray, Serena Williams, Maria Sharapova and of course favorite son Rafael Nadal. Vamos!
Do you like Madrid?
|Former Men's Madrid Tennis Champions:
2012 Roger Federer
2011 Novak Djokovic
2010 Rafael Nadal
2009 Roger Federer
2008 Andy Murray
2007 David Nalbandian
2006 Roger Federer
2005 Rafael Nadal
2004 Marat Safin
2003 Juan Carlos Ferrero
2002 Andre Agassi
The latest Madrid tournament news:
- Nadal Overcomes Rain, Zverev for Comeback Championship Win at ATP Rome
- ," said Nadal. "Such an important week to have this trophy with me again after losing in the quarterfinals in Madrid. It was unforgettable and emotional for me. It's amazing to win eight titles in Rome. It's a difficult event ...
- Nadal Downs Djokovic, Faces Zverev For Rome Title, Who's The Pick?
- true. My motivation is to win a title and I am playing for this tomorrow."
Meanwhile, Zverev, who just won Madrid, will have to try to beat Nadal for a first time and have to do it on clay.
"There's not much you need to ...
- Nadal, Djokovic Set To Renew Rivalry In Rome SF; Defending Champ Zverev Rolls On
- head and 16-10 in Masters events. But Rafa leads 15-7 on clay and won their most recent meeting a year ago in Madrid 6-2, 6-4, a win that snapped a 7-match streak for the Serb.
“Tomorrow is going to be the ultimate challe...
- Venus Out, Sharapova Moves On In Rome To Ostapenko QF Showdown; Halep Stays No. 1
- match, went into the early hours of the night.
"I think this is one of the challenges of this back-to-back Madrid/Rome tournament. There's so many matches, so many rounds, big draws, and those are just the circumstances tha...
- Nadal Slams Shapovalov, Faces Fognini In Rome QF; Djokovic, Zverev Advance, Del Potro Injured
- e, slamming the Canadian 6-4, 6-1 to reach the Rome Masters quarterfinals.
Nadal had lost last week in the Madrid quarters while Shapovalov made the semifinals, and had beaten the Spaniard last year in Canada. But Rafa road...
- Nadal, Djokovic, Delpo Advance In Rome, Dimitrov, Thiem Ousted; Rafa Out For Revenge Thurs.
- After a shock loss to Dominic Thiem last week in Madrid, Rafael Nadal got back on track in his opener today in Rome, in ruthless fashion hammering Damir Dzumhur 6-1, 6-0.
“It was a positive match, of course,” said Nadal...
- Nadal, Del Potro Open Play Wed. In Rome, Djokovic Returns On Court 3; Shapovalov Wins Thriller
- hampion Rafael Nadal opens play against Damir Dzhumur. Nadal comes in on a loss to Dominic Thiem last week in Madrid, but hopes to get back on track and back to No. 1 with a title this week.
Juan Martin del Potro will meet ...
- Coach: Serena Williams Will Play The French Open To Win It!
- issues she had to go through, was missing," said Mouratoglou.
"That is the reason why we decided to skip Madrid and Rome as she needed five weeks to be perfectly ready. Then we worked with my team in order to prepare a pr...