- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Schedule: Sunday, May 4 - Sunday, May 11
- Begins on: Men's --Sunday, May 4 Women's -- Saturday, May 3
- Draw Size: S-56 D-24
- Surface: Clay
- Prize Money: Men's -- 3,671,405 Women's -- $4,336,397
- Tournament Director: WTA Tournament Director: Manolo Santana
- Official Website: www.madrid-open.com/
- TV Schedule / Madrid Live Streaming
- About: From the hardcourts, to the red to the blue and now back to the red, it's been quite a journey already for the Madrid Masters under tournament impresario Ion Tiriac. After a controversial 2012 played on the blue clay, the tournament and the players welcome the return of the traditional red to Spain's biggest tennis event. But the altitude remains an issue and the weather can get inclement, but life in the Magic Box is often pleasent. The mixed field again includes the best and the brightest tennis has to offer with Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray, Serena Williams, Maria Sharapova and of course favorite son Rafael Nadal. Vamos!
Do you like Madrid?
|Former Men's Madrid Tennis Champions:
2012 Roger Federer
2011 Novak Djokovic
2010 Rafael Nadal
2009 Roger Federer
2008 Andy Murray
2007 David Nalbandian
2006 Roger Federer
2005 Rafael Nadal
2004 Marat Safin
2003 Juan Carlos Ferrero
2002 Andre Agassi
The latest Madrid tournament news:
- Roger Federer Will Return To Clay In Madrid
- inally return to the clay this spring for the first time since 2016. Federer will open his clay season at the Madrid Masters.
“Federer is one of the best players of all time, it’s no secret”, said tournament director ...
- Davis Cup Qualifying: Field Set As Shapovalov Leads Canada, Serbia In
- nd as did Switzerland, Russia and the Alexander Zverev-led German team.
The 18-team finals will be held in Madrid in late November.
The 12 losing teams from this weekend will participate in playoff ties in either April o...
- Davis Cup Qualifying: Zverev, Khachanov, Shapovalov In Action
- ear to determine the champion. And this weekend pits 12 ties with the winners moving on to the Caja Magica in Madrid, Spain November 18-24.
Here's what is going on:
HOW IT WORKS
The 24 teams in action this weekend are c...
- Serena Slams Bouchard, Halep Survives At Australian Open; Wozniacki v Sharapova On Tap
- ch ahead of me."
Sharapova leads 6-4 but the two have never played in Australia and haven't met since 2015 Madrid on clay, won by the Russian.
2016 champion Angelique Kerber returns to celebrate her 31st birthday against...
- Federer Opens Play Sunday At ATP Finals; Anderson v Thiem
- runner-up Dominic Thiem.
The big South African had won the first six with Thiem until the Austrian won in Madrid and at the US Open this year.
"I've learned a lot from the two previous visits here," said Thiem. "It's pr...
- Unstoppable Djokovic Wins Shanghai, Eyes Year-End No. 1 Ranking
- and lost first round in Indian Wells and Miami, and prior to the quarterfinals at Monte Carlo, Barcelona and Madrid. After breaking through for his first title of the year at Wimbledon, the Serb hasn't looked back, and is now...
- Gasquet Ousts Anderson In Tokyo; Shapovalov Saves Match Point, Bids For First ATP Final
- there I just kind of ran with it."
Shapovalov is into his third ATP semifinal of the year and first since Madrid. He is seeking his first ATP level final.
"It's another opportunity for me to try to make my first final a...
- Novak Djokovic: Having Won All 9 Masters Is One Of The Most Special Moments In My Career
- om Federer and just 10 from Rafa.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC'S MASTERS TITLES
Indian Wells 5
Monte Carlo 2
Paris Indoor 4
OPEN ERA TITLE LEADERS
Jimmy Connors 109