- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Schedule: Sunday, May 4 - Sunday, May 11
- Begins on: Men's --Sunday, May 4 Women's -- Saturday, May 3
- Draw Size: S-56 D-24
- Surface: Clay
- Prize Money: Men's -- 3,671,405 Women's -- $4,336,397
- Tournament Director: WTA Tournament Director: Manolo Santana
- Official Website: www.madrid-open.com/
- TV Schedule / Madrid Live Streaming
- About: From the hardcourts, to the red to the blue and now back to the red, it's been quite a journey already for the Madrid Masters under tournament impresario Ion Tiriac. After a controversial 2012 played on the blue clay, the tournament and the players welcome the return of the traditional red to Spain's biggest tennis event. But the altitude remains an issue and the weather can get inclement, but life in the Magic Box is often pleasent. The mixed field again includes the best and the brightest tennis has to offer with Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray, Serena Williams, Maria Sharapova and of course favorite son Rafael Nadal. Vamos!
Do you like Madrid?
|Former Men's Madrid Tennis Champions:
2012 Roger Federer
2011 Novak Djokovic
2010 Rafael Nadal
2009 Roger Federer
2008 Andy Murray
2007 David Nalbandian
2006 Roger Federer
2005 Rafael Nadal
2004 Marat Safin
2003 Juan Carlos Ferrero
2002 Andre Agassi
The latest Madrid tournament news:
- Federer, Zverev Win Open Up ATP Finals With Victories
- Dominic Thiem. After losing to the Bulgarian in Brisbane, Thiem snuck past Dimitrov in a final set breaker in Madrid.
- Del Potro Tops Zverev In Shanghai; Nadal v Dimitrov, Federer v Gasquet Friday
- ause I am playing well."
Dimitrov is 1-8 against World No. 1s, defeating Novak Djokovic in the at the 2013 Madrid Masters.
Roger Federer kept pace defeating Alexandr Dolgopolov 6-4, 6-2. Federer now faces Richard Gasquet...
- Rafael Nadal To Face Nick Kyrgios For Beijing Title
- on was in 2013.
Nadal and Kyrgios are 2-2 in their series. Nadal won 6-3, 6-1 in May in the third round of Madrid before Kyrgios won 6-2, 7-5 in the Cincinnati quarters in August. This is their first meeting in a final.
- Roger Federer: Novak, Andy And Rafa Will Be Tough To Beat At Wimbledon
- egrets once I came here.
I was ready to play in Paris. I just didn't feel ready to go yet, to come back in Madrid or Rome. When I decided that with the team, I got on the clay, sort of a couple weeks before the French Open,...
- Rafael Nadal Enjoys Easiest Road Ever To French Open Semifinals
- eat Rafa this year on the clay.
"Thiem is a tough player. I hope that I won't lose. I won in Barcelona and Madrid, but I lost to him in Rome," Nadal said. "If I play well, I hope that I will be able to book my spot in the f...
- Tennis Capsules: Wawrinka, Stosur, More Win ATP/WTA Titles Heading Into French
- in career finals.
The Dutchwoman has slowly found her form entering Roland Garros after a quarterfinal at Madrid, a semifinal at Rome, and the Nurnberger title.
Wawrinka Gets On Board with 1st 2017 Title at Geneva
- Dominic Thiem: I Now Feel Like I Belong In The Top 10
- inally feels like he belongs among the elite. And his results lately back it up reaching the Masters final in Madrid and Barcelona then beating Rafael Nadal en route to the Rome semifinals.
"At the beginning you feel also q...
- Muguruza v Schiavone 1st Rd., Kvitova Returns; French Open Preview
- a, Magdalena Rybarikova, Saisai Zheng
Notes: Upset alert for (2) Pliskov vs. Zheng, who upset Svitolina in Madrid...Other tough starts for (20) Barbora Strycova vs. Riske (winner to meet the French upset specialist Cornet),...