Madrid Tennis - 2014 Mutua Madrid Open
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Schedule: Sunday, May 4 - Sunday, May 11
- Begins on: Men's --Sunday, May 4 Women's -- Saturday, May 3
- Draw Size: S-56 D-24
- Surface: Clay
- Prize Money: Men's -- 3,671,405 Women's -- $4,336,397
- Tournament Director: WTA Tournament Director: Manolo Santana
- Official Website: www.madrid-open.com/
- TV Schedule / Madrid Live Streaming
- About: From the hardcourts, to the red to the blue and now back to the red, it's been quite a journey already for the Madrid Masters under tournament impresario Ion Tiriac. After a controversial 2012 played on the blue clay, the tournament and the players welcome the return of the traditional red to Spain's biggest tennis event. But the altitude remains an issue and the weather can get inclement, but life in the Magic Box is often pleasent. The mixed field again includes the best and the brightest tennis has to offer with Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray, Serena Williams, Maria Sharapova and of course favorite son Rafael Nadal. Vamos!
Do you like Madrid?
|Former Men's Madrid Tennis Champions:
2012 Roger Federer
2011 Novak Djokovic
2010 Rafael Nadal
2009 Roger Federer
2008 Andy Murray
2007 David Nalbandian
2006 Roger Federer
2005 Rafael Nadal
2004 Marat Safin
2003 Juan Carlos Ferrero
2002 Andre Agassi
The latest Madrid tournament news:
- Roger Federer Named 2014 ATP Fan Favorite; Murray, Bryans, Coric Also Win Awards
- ld No. 5 Juan Martin del Potro in five sets in the second round, and advanced to the semi-finals at the Mutua Madrid Open, stopped only by Rafael Nadal. He finished the season with 45 match wins – 19 more than his previo...
- 2014 ATP Finals Profile: Kei Nishikori
Current ATP Rank: 5
2014 Highlights: 4 titles - Tokyo, Kuala Lumpur, Barcelona, Memphis; US Open and Madrid Finals; Paris, Miami SFS
ATP Finals History: None
Notable Stat: Since the start of the US Open, has wo...
- Dominic Thiem Is Ready For War: Don't Even Think About Attacking Austria Right Now!
- I will never forget that moment for the rest of my life.
"Most beautiful win was against Stan Wawrinka in Madrid. There I realised for the first time that even the best of the best just play tennis.
- Serena Williams Got Bageled For Just The Seventh Time In Her Career [Chart]
A. Medina Garrigues
63 06 75
75 16 06
- Roger Federer Wins 8th Different Masters 1000 Title, Ties Djokovic, Moves Ahead Of Nadal
- '04-05, '07; Indian Wells '04-06, '12; Toronto '04, '06, Miami '05-06; Cincinnati '05, '07, '09-10, '12, '14; Madrid '06, '09, '12; Paris '11; Shanghai '14
8 Novak Djokovic (19): Miami '07, '11, '12, '14; Montreal/Toronto '...
- Perfect Federer Rolls Back The Clock, Rolls Djokovic In Shanghai, Boosts No. 1 Hopes
- econd career Masters final.
"I just know that I can do it," said Simon who lost to Andy Murray in the 2008 Madrid Masters final. "When I'm playing good, I can play at [his] level. This I'm not worried about. The question is...
- Beijing Blockbusters Friday: Djokovic v Dimitrov, Murray v Cilic; Serena, Sharapova Also
- a 21-0 record at the event into his match with Grigor Dimitrov. The Bulgarian did beat Djokovic last year in Madrid, but Novak leads overall 4-1. The 23-year-old Dimitrov, though, doesn't sound afraid of the world No. 1.
- Roger Federer Talks About The Nishikori-Cilic US Open Final
- en, you know, myself twice already, other top guys, you know, before. He was destroying Rafa in the finals of Madrid. He's shown what he can do, and that's why with Kei I'm not surprised, really.
On who's the favorite: