Madrid Tennis - 2013 Mutua Madrid Open
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Schedule: Sunday, May 6 - Sunday, May 13
- Begins on: Men's --Sunday, May 6, 2012 Women's -- Sunday, May 5, 2013
- Draw Size: S-56 D-24
- Surface: Clay
- Prize Money: Men's -- € 3,090,150 Women's -- $3,755,140
- Tournament Director: WTA Tournament Director: Manolo Santana
- Official Website: http://www.madrid-open.com/
- TV Schedule / Madrid Live Streaming
- About: From the hardcourts, to the red to the blue and now back to the red, it's been quite a journey already for the Madrid Masters under tournament impresario Ion Tiriac. After a controversial 2012 played on the blue clay, the tournament and the players welcome the return of the traditional red to Spain's biggest tennis event. But the altitude remains an issue and the weather can get inclement, but life in the Magic Box is often pleasent. The mixed field again includes the best and the brightest tennis has to offer with Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray, Serena Williams, Maria Sharapova and of course favorite son Rafael Nadal. Vamos!
Do you like Madrid?
|Former Men's Madrid Tennis Champions:
2012 Roger Federer
2011 Novak Djokovic
2010 Rafael Nadal
2009 Roger Federer
2008 Andy Murray
2007 David Nalbandian
2006 Roger Federer
2005 Rafael Nadal
2004 Marat Safin
2003 Juan Carlos Ferrero
2002 Andre Agassi
The latest Madrid tournament news:
- Federer, Nadal Meet Again In The Rome Final, Who's The Pick?
- nd Federer played three very good sets before losing in four.
That same year Roger got a set from Rafa in Madrid. And before that they split two previous clay meetings also in Madrid in 2010 and 2009.
So I think it will...
- Federer, Nadal Two Sets From Rome Masters Final Clash
- as earned his first seeding a Slam at the French Open.
Federer and Nadal last met on the clay last year in Madrid at the 2011 French Open. The two have a history in Rome also. They played one of the great matches of all-tim...
- Nadal Survives Gulbis Gaunlet, Ferrer Next; Federer, Djokovic, Sharapova, Serena Roll On In Rome
- n't beaten Nadal on clay since their first meeting in 2004. Ferrer did get a set and nearly two a week ago in Madrid.
While Rafa struggled, his chief rivals on the day didn't. Novak Djokovic opened play with a rousing 6-1, ...
- Murray Retires In Rome; Federer v Simon, Nadal v Gulbis Thursday
- six months, he's playing better and making some noise. Benoit Paire and Jeremy Chardy were also winners while Madrid finalist Stan Wawrinka unfortunately withdrew with a thigh strain. Let's hope Stan is just taking some extra ...
- Andy Murray Has A Back Injury That He Says Might Prevent Him From Playing The French Open
- I'd be very surprised if I were playing in Paris.
"I'm in a bit of pain – its the same thing as in Madrid and so I need to take a few days off
"It’s my lower left back. It’s the same thing as last yea...
- Federer, Djokovic, Serena Romp In Rome; Nadal Opens Title Defense Wednesday
- der to win my next challenge. But I’m heading in a good way because I didn’t have a great week in Madrid and didn’t have much practice.
"I came here very early. From Wednesday I spent a lot of hours on the...
- Early Madrid Losers Djokovic, Federer Open Play In Rome On Tuesday; Serena v Robson Highlights WTA Card
- After a bumpy Madrid event, Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer look to regain their footing tomorrow at the Italian Open in Rome. Djokovic, a 2008 and 2011 champion, begins his final pre-French warm-up against Spanish veteran Al...
- After Beating Venus, Laura Robson Can't Wait To Play Serena
- over Venus today, the lefty who's still without a full-time coach just beat Agnieszka Radwanksa last week in Madrid and also had an excellent victory over Petra Kvitova at the Australian Open.
"She has a great game and is...