Madrid Tennis - 2014 Mutua Madrid Open
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Schedule: Sunday, May 4 - Sunday, May 11
- Begins on: Men's --Sunday, May 4 Women's -- Saturday, May 3
- Draw Size: S-56 D-24
- Surface: Clay
- Prize Money: Men's -- 3,671,405 Women's -- $4,336,397
- Tournament Director: WTA Tournament Director: Manolo Santana
- Official Website: www.madrid-open.com/
- TV Schedule / Madrid Live Streaming
- About: From the hardcourts, to the red to the blue and now back to the red, it's been quite a journey already for the Madrid Masters under tournament impresario Ion Tiriac. After a controversial 2012 played on the blue clay, the tournament and the players welcome the return of the traditional red to Spain's biggest tennis event. But the altitude remains an issue and the weather can get inclement, but life in the Magic Box is often pleasent. The mixed field again includes the best and the brightest tennis has to offer with Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray, Serena Williams, Maria Sharapova and of course favorite son Rafael Nadal. Vamos!
Do you like Madrid?
|Former Men's Madrid Tennis Champions:
2012 Roger Federer
2011 Novak Djokovic
2010 Rafael Nadal
2009 Roger Federer
2008 Andy Murray
2007 David Nalbandian
2006 Roger Federer
2005 Rafael Nadal
2004 Marat Safin
2003 Juan Carlos Ferrero
2002 Andre Agassi
The latest Madrid tournament news:
- Roger Federer Talks About The Nishikori-Cilic US Open Final
- en, you know, myself twice already, other top guys, you know, before. He was destroying Rafa in the finals of Madrid. He's shown what he can do, and that's why with Kei I'm not surprised, really.
On who's the favorite:
- Kei Nishikori v Marin Cilic In The US Open Final, Who's The Pick?
- ew hit it harder off the ground than Stan Wawrinka, yet the Swiss also failed.
And I still go back to that Madrid match when Kei had Rafael Nadal in a hammerlock on his home soil. Now he beats Novak Djokovic on his very bes...
- 2014 US Open Women's Final Preview: Serena Williams v Caroline Wozniacki
- dding for her first win over a reigning No.1: to date she is 0-4 lifetime vs. No.1s – l. Safina at 2009 Madrid, and S.Williams at 2013 Beijing, 2014Montreal and 2014 Cincinnati.
Set to turn 33 later this month, Willia...
- Novak Djokovic: Grigor Dimitrov Is Undefeated On Grass, So He's The Player To Beat!
- u’re going to ace it."
Djokovic now faces the young 23-year-old Grigor Dimitrov who beat the Serb in Madrid last year.
"It’s a big win for Grigor," said Djokovic. "He has been on fire the past six months. He ...
- Andy Murray Hopes Lebron James Stays In Miami!
- und at Wimbledon against Spaniard Roberto Bautista Agut.
"I practiced in Valencia before the tournament in Madrid," said Murray. "I practiced with him. I practiced with him quite a lot. He's a very good player. He won the t...
- Is Novak Djokovic's Right Wrist Bothering Him Again?
- as a precautionary measure.
Djokovic first injured the wrist in April after Miami. After withdrawing from Madrid the Serb hasn't shown any discomfort with the injury since. Today's news, though, doesn't sound good for Wimb...
- Uncle Toni: We Knew If Rafa Didn't Win The Fourth He'd Lose The Fifth
- lost so many matches on clay this year. We lost at Monte Carlo, Barcelona and Rome and even though we won in Madrid, I can’t forget that Nishikori had to retire in the final. So we were short on confidence. Djokovic pla...
- By The Numbers: Rafael Nadal Wins The 2014 French Open
- titles (2nd on list behind Guillermo Vilas – 46 titles)
- 3 clay court titles in 2014 (Rio de Janeiro, Madrid-1000, Roland Garros)
PHOTO: @RafaelNadal's winning moment #RG14 pic.twitter.com/Zcixy42RZv— Rola...