Madrid Tennis - 2014 Mutua Madrid Open
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Schedule: Sunday, May 4 - Sunday, May 11
- Begins on: Men's --Sunday, May 4 Women's -- Saturday, May 3
- Draw Size: S-56 D-24
- Surface: Clay
- Prize Money: Men's -- 3,671,405 Women's -- $4,336,397
- Tournament Director: WTA Tournament Director: Manolo Santana
- Official Website: www.madrid-open.com/
- TV Schedule / Madrid Live Streaming
- About: From the hardcourts, to the red to the blue and now back to the red, it's been quite a journey already for the Madrid Masters under tournament impresario Ion Tiriac. After a controversial 2012 played on the blue clay, the tournament and the players welcome the return of the traditional red to Spain's biggest tennis event. But the altitude remains an issue and the weather can get inclement, but life in the Magic Box is often pleasent. The mixed field again includes the best and the brightest tennis has to offer with Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray, Serena Williams, Maria Sharapova and of course favorite son Rafael Nadal. Vamos!
Do you like Madrid?
|Former Men's Madrid Tennis Champions:
2012 Roger Federer
2011 Novak Djokovic
2010 Rafael Nadal
2009 Roger Federer
2008 Andy Murray
2007 David Nalbandian
2006 Roger Federer
2005 Rafael Nadal
2004 Marat Safin
2003 Juan Carlos Ferrero
2002 Andre Agassi
The latest Madrid tournament news:
- Serena Williams Got Bageled For Just The Seventh Time In Her Career [Chart]
A. Medina Garrigues
63 06 75
75 16 06
- Roger Federer Wins 8th Different Masters 1000 Title, Ties Djokovic, Moves Ahead Of Nadal
- '04-05, '07; Indian Wells '04-06, '12; Toronto '04, '06, Miami '05-06; Cincinnati '05, '07, '09-10, '12, '14; Madrid '06, '09, '12; Paris '11; Shanghai '14
8 Novak Djokovic (19): Miami '07, '11, '12, '14; Montreal/Toronto '...
- Perfect Federer Rolls Back The Clock, Rolls Djokovic In Shanghai, Boosts No. 1 Hopes
- econd career Masters final.
"I just know that I can do it," said Simon who lost to Andy Murray in the 2008 Madrid Masters final. "When I'm playing good, I can play at [his] level. This I'm not worried about. The question is...
- Beijing Blockbusters Friday: Djokovic v Dimitrov, Murray v Cilic; Serena, Sharapova Also
- a 21-0 record at the event into his match with Grigor Dimitrov. The Bulgarian did beat Djokovic last year in Madrid, but Novak leads overall 4-1. The 23-year-old Dimitrov, though, doesn't sound afraid of the world No. 1.
- Roger Federer Talks About The Nishikori-Cilic US Open Final
- en, you know, myself twice already, other top guys, you know, before. He was destroying Rafa in the finals of Madrid. He's shown what he can do, and that's why with Kei I'm not surprised, really.
On who's the favorite:
- Kei Nishikori v Marin Cilic In The US Open Final, Who's The Pick?
- ew hit it harder off the ground than Stan Wawrinka, yet the Swiss also failed.
And I still go back to that Madrid match when Kei had Rafael Nadal in a hammerlock on his home soil. Now he beats Novak Djokovic on his very bes...
- 2014 US Open Women's Final Preview: Serena Williams v Caroline Wozniacki
- dding for her first win over a reigning No.1: to date she is 0-4 lifetime vs. No.1s – l. Safina at 2009 Madrid, and S.Williams at 2013 Beijing, 2014Montreal and 2014 Cincinnati.
Set to turn 33 later this month, Willia...
- Novak Djokovic: Grigor Dimitrov Is Undefeated On Grass, So He's The Player To Beat!
- u’re going to ace it."
Djokovic now faces the young 23-year-old Grigor Dimitrov who beat the Serb in Madrid last year.
"It’s a big win for Grigor," said Djokovic. "He has been on fire the past six months. He ...