- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Schedule: Sunday, May 4 - Sunday, May 11
- Begins on: Men's --Sunday, May 4 Women's -- Saturday, May 3
- Draw Size: S-56 D-24
- Surface: Clay
- Prize Money: Men's -- 3,671,405 Women's -- $4,336,397
- Tournament Director: WTA Tournament Director: Manolo Santana
- Official Website: www.madrid-open.com/
- TV Schedule / Madrid Live Streaming
- About: From the hardcourts, to the red to the blue and now back to the red, it's been quite a journey already for the Madrid Masters under tournament impresario Ion Tiriac. After a controversial 2012 played on the blue clay, the tournament and the players welcome the return of the traditional red to Spain's biggest tennis event. But the altitude remains an issue and the weather can get inclement, but life in the Magic Box is often pleasent. The mixed field again includes the best and the brightest tennis has to offer with Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray, Serena Williams, Maria Sharapova and of course favorite son Rafael Nadal. Vamos!
Do you like Madrid?
|Former Men's Madrid Tennis Champions:
2012 Roger Federer
2011 Novak Djokovic
2010 Rafael Nadal
2009 Roger Federer
2008 Andy Murray
2007 David Nalbandian
2006 Roger Federer
2005 Rafael Nadal
2004 Marat Safin
2003 Juan Carlos Ferrero
2002 Andre Agassi
The latest Madrid tournament news:
- Nadal Tries To Win A 12th Barcelona Title Against Tough Field With 9 Of Top 20
- great David Ferrer will play his final Barcelona event. The 37-year-old wildcard entrant is set to retire in Madrid.
Young Spaniard Nicola Kuhn also received a wildcard as did Feliciano Lopez who faces countryman and 2010 ...
- Fabolous Fognini Routs Rafa Nadal In Monte Carlo, Will Meet Lajovic For The Title!
- d, I do think Rafa will regroup and win in Barcelona, but I could see him losing at either Rome or especially Madrid. The French, of course, is best-of-5 which makes beating Rafa a whole different challenge.
As for Fognini,...
- Dominic Thiem: The Monte Carlo Draw Is A Joke, It's So Strong
- the Austrian beat Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic and Alexander Zverev. And he made the finals at the French and Madrid with a title at Lyon. But he says Rafa is the man to beat.
“I think that as long as Rafa is playing, he ...
- Nadal, Djokovic Open Clay Court Season In Monte Carlo
- story of the clay season, the second biggest is Roger Federer who will be back on the dirt in a few weeks in Madrid after skipping Monte Carlo. Roger's never won Monte (0-4 in finals) and after a busy March, he needs some ext...
- Zverev Headlines Marrakech Field Seeking First Title Of Season
- rev is just 10-4 on the season. He'll have a pressure-packed clay month ahead with Monte Carlo SF, Munich and Madrid titles and a Rome final to defend.
Also in the field are Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and defending champion Pablo A...
- Roger Federer: I'm Not Very Confident Going Into This Clay Court Season
- nd Pierre, figuring out how we gonna go about it."
Federer's pre-french plan right now on the clay is only Madrid where the balls tend to fly faster in the altitude, helping servers like him. He'll have a solid month off be...
- 37-Year-Old Roger Federer Leads The ATP Race Heading Into The Clay Season
- h Miami title, Federer is now just ahead of Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal. With Federer slated to only play Madrid while Djokovic and Nadal play a heavier schedule, the lead won't last long.
But it's still an incredible a...
- Federer Romps Past Wounded Isner For 4th Miami Title
- in the 2019 ATP Points race, ahead of Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal.
He'll next be back on the courts in Madrid for his first clay event since 2016 Rome. ...