- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Schedule: Sunday, May 4 - Sunday, May 11
- Begins on: Men's --Sunday, May 4 Women's -- Saturday, May 3
- Draw Size: S-56 D-24
- Surface: Clay
- Prize Money: Men's -- 3,671,405 Women's -- $4,336,397
- Tournament Director: WTA Tournament Director: Manolo Santana
- Official Website: www.madrid-open.com/
- TV Schedule / Madrid Live Streaming
- About: From the hardcourts, to the red to the blue and now back to the red, it's been quite a journey already for the Madrid Masters under tournament impresario Ion Tiriac. After a controversial 2012 played on the blue clay, the tournament and the players welcome the return of the traditional red to Spain's biggest tennis event. But the altitude remains an issue and the weather can get inclement, but life in the Magic Box is often pleasent. The mixed field again includes the best and the brightest tennis has to offer with Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray, Serena Williams, Maria Sharapova and of course favorite son Rafael Nadal. Vamos!
Do you like Madrid?
|Former Men's Madrid Tennis Champions:
2012 Roger Federer
2011 Novak Djokovic
2010 Rafael Nadal
2009 Roger Federer
2008 Andy Murray
2007 David Nalbandian
2006 Roger Federer
2005 Rafael Nadal
2004 Marat Safin
2003 Juan Carlos Ferrero
2002 Andre Agassi
The latest Madrid tournament news:
- Unstoppable Djokovic Wins Shanghai, Eyes Year-End No. 1 Ranking
- and lost first round in Indian Wells and Miami, and prior to the quarterfinals at Monte Carlo, Barcelona and Madrid. After breaking through for his first title of the year at Wimbledon, the Serb hasn't looked back, and is now...
- Gasquet Ousts Anderson In Tokyo; Shapovalov Saves Match Point, Bids For First ATP Final
- there I just kind of ran with it."
Shapovalov is into his third ATP semifinal of the year and first since Madrid. He is seeking his first ATP level final.
"It's another opportunity for me to try to make my first final a...
- Novak Djokovic: Having Won All 9 Masters Is One Of The Most Special Moments In My Career
- om Federer and just 10 from Rafa.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC'S MASTERS TITLES
Indian Wells 5
Monte Carlo 2
Paris Indoor 4
OPEN ERA TITLE LEADERS
Jimmy Connors 109
- There Were 3 Billion Reasons To Change The Davis Cup
And this event will be held at a neutral-ish site each year with the first one either in Lille, France or Madrid, Spain.
Of course a change this big to an event that been in place for 118 years will cause a lot of uproa...
- Alexander Zverev Says He's Better Now Than A Year Ago
- n Anderson it the final last year.
While he's recorded the same number of wins, he did win both Munich and Madrid and reached his first Grand Slam quarterfinal at the French Open.
“I think I’m a better player than I ...
- Federer, Kyrgios Advance To Saturday SF In Stuttgart; Gasquet-Tomic in Den Bosch
- 6-4, 3-6, 6-3.
Federer and Kyrgios have split two prior meetings. Then just 20, Krygios stunned Federer in Madrid three years ago saving two match points. The Swiss got Kyrgios in a Miami thriller last year.
- Nadal Stomps Thiem For 11th French Open Title, 17th Grand Slam Victory
- anaged to go toe-to-toe with Rafa.
Thiem has beaten Rafa the past three years, most recently last month in Madrid. He could hang, he has the confidence. Right? Wrong. This was a Grand Slam final, his first and Nadal's 24th....
- 2018 French Open Men's Final Open Thread: Rafael Nadal v Dominic Thiem
- strian has been up to the challenge, beating Nadal at the Rome Masters last year and then just a month ago in Madrid.
But now he'll try to do on Rafa's favorite court and do it in his first career French Open final and in t...