- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Schedule: Sunday, May 4 - Sunday, May 11
- Begins on: Men's --Sunday, May 4 Women's -- Saturday, May 3
- Draw Size: S-56 D-24
- Surface: Clay
- Prize Money: Men's -- 3,671,405 Women's -- $4,336,397
- Tournament Director: WTA Tournament Director: Manolo Santana
- Official Website: www.madrid-open.com/
- TV Schedule / Madrid Live Streaming
- About: From the hardcourts, to the red to the blue and now back to the red, it's been quite a journey already for the Madrid Masters under tournament impresario Ion Tiriac. After a controversial 2012 played on the blue clay, the tournament and the players welcome the return of the traditional red to Spain's biggest tennis event. But the altitude remains an issue and the weather can get inclement, but life in the Magic Box is often pleasent. The mixed field again includes the best and the brightest tennis has to offer with Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray, Serena Williams, Maria Sharapova and of course favorite son Rafael Nadal. Vamos!
Do you like Madrid?
|Former Men's Madrid Tennis Champions:
2012 Roger Federer
2011 Novak Djokovic
2010 Rafael Nadal
2009 Roger Federer
2008 Andy Murray
2007 David Nalbandian
2006 Roger Federer
2005 Rafael Nadal
2004 Marat Safin
2003 Juan Carlos Ferrero
2002 Andre Agassi
The latest Madrid tournament news:
- 2019 French Open Men's Final Open Thread: Rafael Nadal v Dominic Thiem
- n addition to their meeting in the final here last year, they also contested the finals at both Barcelona and Madrid-1000 in 2017. Nadal has won all 3 of their previous meetings in tournament finals in straight sets. All 4 of ...
- Djokovic, Thiem Dominate, Will Meet In Super French Open SFs; Federer-Nadal
- s on Djokovic-Thiem.
Novak Djokovic v Dominic Thiem
Djokovic has the edge here 6-2 having won recently in Madrid. They split two at the French in 2016 and 2017, and right now, I think Thiem is a better player now than he w...
- Nadal, Federer Beat Germans At French, Dimitrov Ousts Cilic; Djokovic, Delpo On Deck
- aven't played here in that long," Federer said. "Especially if I think back a few weeks and months ago before Madrid, didn't know how successful I was going to play or how I was going to feel on the clay."
- Bertens Retires While Stephens, Pliskova Advance at French Open; Osaka, Halep, Serena Thurs.
- hatrier against Viktoria Kuzmova down 3-1 in the first.
Bertens, who played so well in the lead-up winning Madrid, said she was feeling ill last night and it hadn't gone away as the match began.
"I felt fine yesterday in...
- Kerber, Venus Ousted On Opening Day At French Open; Serena Set To Return
- -4, 6-2.
Kerber, who was iffy to even play the event after suffering an ankle injury earlier this month in Madrid. The German missed events, missed practice and it showed today as the young Russian took it to the 3-time sla...
- Roger Federer: Winning The French Title? That's A Question Mark
- e is health-wise.
"I have been able to train hard enough, and I've also had the necessary tough matches in Madrid and Rome," Federer said. "I really feel like playing under pressure and playing with nerves was important for...
- Nadal Avenges Tsitsipas Loss In Rome, Will Battle Djokovic For Title; Who's The Pick?
Earlier, Nadal got back on top of Stefanos Tstisipas after the Greek stunned him a week earlier in the Madrid semifinals. You beat Rafa on clay in front of his fans, he's going to get you back and that's what he did tod...
- Konta Keeps Winning, Beats Bertens To Reach Rome Final, Pliskova Awaits
- rs but the Dutchwoman came in off a day of rest (Naomi Osaka withdrew) and on an 8-match win streak after her Madrid win.
Bertens took a tight opener in which Konta couldn't serve it out. Then she was within two points of t...