- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Schedule: Sunday, May 4 - Sunday, May 11
- Begins on: Men's --Sunday, May 4 Women's -- Saturday, May 3
- Draw Size: S-56 D-24
- Surface: Clay
- Prize Money: Men's -- 3,671,405 Women's -- $4,336,397
- Tournament Director: WTA Tournament Director: Manolo Santana
- Official Website: www.madrid-open.com/
- TV Schedule / Madrid Live Streaming
- About: From the hardcourts, to the red to the blue and now back to the red, it's been quite a journey already for the Madrid Masters under tournament impresario Ion Tiriac. After a controversial 2012 played on the blue clay, the tournament and the players welcome the return of the traditional red to Spain's biggest tennis event. But the altitude remains an issue and the weather can get inclement, but life in the Magic Box is often pleasent. The mixed field again includes the best and the brightest tennis has to offer with Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray, Serena Williams, Maria Sharapova and of course favorite son Rafael Nadal. Vamos!
Do you like Madrid?
|Former Men's Madrid Tennis Champions:
2012 Roger Federer
2011 Novak Djokovic
2010 Rafael Nadal
2009 Roger Federer
2008 Andy Murray
2007 David Nalbandian
2006 Roger Federer
2005 Rafael Nadal
2004 Marat Safin
2003 Juan Carlos Ferrero
2002 Andre Agassi
The latest Madrid tournament news:
- Carreno Busta Moves Into First Masters SF Outlasting Cuevas At Indian Wells; Federer-Kyrgios Friday
- ck Kyrgios followed by Jack Sock against Kei Nishikori.
Federer lost his only meeting with Kyrgios at 2015 Madrid where he held two match points in a three-breaker loss which featured a 14-12 final set breaker.
- Roger Federer: Winning Three Straight Against Rafa Makes Me Feel Really Good
- and only faced one break point.
Next for Federer is a rematch with Nick Kyrgios who beat the Swiss at 2015 Madrid.
“I'm very impressed him taking out Novak, back-to-back weeks, on Novak's best surface,” Federer said....
- Should Maria Sharapova Be Allowed To Get Wildcards?
- ildcards into their events.
Of course her sponsor and Stuttgart was the first to do it, and since Rome and Madrid have followed suit, granting the megastar entry into their events without ranking. Now the French Open and Wi...
- Caroline Wozniacki Isn't Thrilled Maria Sharapova Can Get Wildcards After Drug Ban
- A growing number of players have voiced their disapproval of Maria Sharapova making use of wildcards in her return to tennis from a 15-month drug ban ...
- Kei Nishikori Knocked Out Of Rio In Racquet-Smashing Loss [Video]
- US Open.
Before the win, Bellucci was just 1-18 vs. Top 5 players having beaten No. 4 Andy Murray at 2011 Madrid.
- Rafael Nadal To Return To Queen's, Part Of Busy Schedule Ahead
- ian Wells and Miami in March.
Nadal will again play a heavy clay schedule entering Monte Carlo, Barcelona, Madrid and Rome before he begins his bid to win a 10th French Open. Then to the grass with Queen's and Wimbledon bef...
- Rafael Nadal: I Believe If I Keep Playing Like This, Good Things Can Happen, Especially On Clay
Today I am enjoying the sport. Last year I only had the chance to enjoy the sport between Indian Wells and Madrid, because in Madrid I got injury in quarterfinals. That's the real feeling.
At this moment in my career, mo...
- Andy Murray Is Your New ATP No. 1!
- o Delbonis at Indian Wells, Dimitrov in Miami followed by clay losses to Nadal in Monte Carlo and Djokovic in Madrid, but he won Rome, reached the French Open final, reunited with Ivan Lendl and since then won another Wimbledo...