Melbourne Tennis - 2014 Australian Open
Do you like Melbourne?
The latest Melbourne tournament news:
- New Grand Slam Champion Stanislas Wawrinka Goes To Hollywood [Video]
- ut the day, did anyone actually recognize him?
After a month off of tournament action following his win in Melbourne, Wawrinka will open play at Indian Wells this weekend. The 28-year-old is 11-0 on the season and could meet f...
- What's Right With Roger Federer?
- JW Tsonga I had declared that was the best he's played in a while. Well, this display today blew out any his Melbourne performances.
It was like everything came together at once, just like Federer said.
"I think I was able...
- Stanislas Wawrinka Is Now A Subaru Ambassador [Video]
- eliability, grounded and fair play."
Now ranked No. 3, Wawrinka had never reached a Grand Slam final until Melbourne where the 28-year-old became the first player to ever defeat both Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal in the same...
- Murray, Del Potro v Monfils On Tap Wednesday In Rotterdam
- at the Australian Open, meets the hot-handed Gael Monfils.
"I had played well in Sydney, but when I got to Melbourne the surface was faster and the balls were different," said del Potro. "I started to feel something wrong at t...
- 8 Things I Think I Thought About Wawrinka, Nadal, The GOAT Debate And The Australian Open
- still not better than them on a consistent basis. But he'll have many chances to prove me wrong as he did in Melbourne where he played some magical tennis.
With an improved serve and forehand plus that nasty laser of a backha...
- Australian Open Champion Stanislas Wawrinka Arrives In Switzerland [Video]
- f fans, reporters and even cowbells.
Before heading home, Wawrinka embarked on a media tour in Melbourne on Monday, here are some highlights:
Wawrinka won't have long to celebrate. He'll travel with his ...
- Uncle Toni: Rafa's Back Should Be Fine, But The Crowd Should Not Have Booed Him
- Rafael Nadal's coach, Uncle Toni, hit out at the crowd for booing his nephew during the men's Australian Open final on Sunday.
After injuring his back, Nadal left the court for some 7 minutes down 21 in the second set. Upon re...
- Uh Oh, Juan Martin del Potro's Left Wrist Is In Severe Pain
- on and medical treatment allowed him to play without discomfort through Sydney. He experienced severe pain in Melbourne, came back to Argentina and put his wrist to rest.
He had planned to visit Dr. Berger some time this year ...