Melbourne Tennis - 2014 Australian Open
Do you like Melbourne?
The latest Melbourne tournament news:
- Davis Cup SFs: Murray Leads GBR Against AUS; Federer, Nadal In Playoff Action
- most familiar territory of the four semifinalists, having won the Davis Cup on 28 occasions, most recently in Melbourne 12 years ago. Though Great Britain has won the title on 9 occasions, it has been 79 years since its last triu...
- Nadal Downs Dimitrov, Faces Berdych In Madrid SFs; Murray Meets Nishikori
- [to] that challenge," Berdych said of playing Nadal. "It’s going to be a nice match."
Despite the win in Melbourne, Berdych is still down 18-4 to Rafa and has never beaten the Spaniard on clay (0-6) losing 13 straight sets.
- Roger Federer Romps In Dubai Opener, Djokovic, Murray Play Tuesday; Gulbis Loses 7th Straight
- about as good of a start as you could hope for the six-time Dubai champion.
Federer had owned Seppi until Melbourne, and he had won all 15 against the Russian Youzhny.
“The last thing I want to do is lose back-to-back ma...
- Bouchard Not Beholden, Blows Off Tennis Canada and Fed Cup Team
- abriela Dabrowski, taking to SportsNet.
Canadian Fed Cup Captain Sylvain Bruneau had spoken to Bouchard in Melbourne and thought her participation was a done deal.
"A little bit of a surprise," he said. "You know, I had a f...
- Is Novak Djokovic The Mentally And Physically Strongest Tennis Player On The Planet?
- llegedly) serve-and-volley stunt at the end. Otherwise, they might still be on the court.
To beat Novak in Melbourne you are going to have to train your ass off during the off-season. And hope you are good. Playing exos like W...
- Novak Djokovic: It Was A Cat-And-Mouse Fight With Andy, And This Was My First Slam As A Father And Husband
- d Andy Murray 7-6, 6-7, 6-3, 6-0 in the final of the 2015 Australian Open. The title was also Djokovic 5th in Melbourne and the Serb remains a perfect 10-0 once he reaches the semifinal stage at the event.
Eight slams put Djok...
- Andy Murray: I Would Rather Lose In The Final And Be Happy Than Win And Be Miserable
- Andy Murray's fourth attempt at an Australian Open title came up short once again tonight in Melbourne as the Scot was denied by longtime rival Novak Djokovic 7-6, 6-7, 6-3, 6-0 in just under 3 hours, 40 minutes.
The match was...
- 2015 Australian Open Men's Final Open Thread: Novak Djokovic v Andy Murray
- The first men's Grand Slam champion will be crowned Sunday night in Melbourne when good friend and rivals Novak Djokovic and Andy Murray meet for the 2015 Australian Open men's title.
This is their 24th meeting with the Serb l...