The latest Melbourne tournament news:
- Halep Needs 45min To Reach French Open QFs; Stephens v Konta Tues.
- en tactically in the third set, I was much smarter and sharper out there."
Barty also made the quarters in Melbourne as she continues to improve and climb the rankings.
"I think that's probably what I've been doing best ove...
- Right Hand Injury Forces No. 1 Naomi Osaka Out Of Rome
- op seed at a Slam for the first time in her career. The 21-year-old hasn't made a final since that big win in Melbourne. ...
- Djokovic Back On Top After Madrid Title Over Tsitsipas
- ak in Rome."
It was also Djokovic third title in Madrid (he's 3-0 in finals) and 74th overall, first since Melbourne.
Tsitsipas, who had knocked off Rafael Nadal a day earlier, saw his 8-match win streak come to an end.
- Indian Wells Men's Preview: Djokovic, Federer Seek A Sixth Title
- lgopolov also upset the Spaniard since that title run. This year, he comes in off tough losses to Djokovic in Melbourne and Kyrgios last week in Acapulco. And it's a tough draw on his toughest surface. After opening agaist the re...
- Defending Champion Osaka, Serena Lead Loaded Indian Wells Field
- imed the last two Grand Slams, beating Serena Williams in New York and then backing it up with a 3-set win in Melbourne over Petra Kvitova five weeks ago.
She has since jettisoned coach Sascha Bajin who led her to all three ti...
- Federer Beats Tsitsipas In Dubai For 100th Career Title
Tsitsipas, who had won his last eight matches, stunned Federer at the Australian Open. But unlike in Melbourne, the Swiss was sharp on break points breaking on both of his chances.
"I played the right way. Things happ...
- Bencic Stuns Dubai Field, Upsets Kvitova For Title
- retty flat shots. Was really tough to not be that ready as I wish."
Kvitova had also just beaten Bencic in Melbourne.
"I think I played better in Melbourne," she said. "That's I think what was the difference. I think defini...
- Osaka Leads 9 Of Top 10 In Stacked Dubai Field
- ning Grand Slam champion Naomi Osaka returns to the courts in Dubai three weeks after her stunning victory in Melbourne.
Osaka will debut without coach Sascha Bajin who she parted from last week.
Joining the World No. 1 in ...