The latest New Haven tournament news:
- Wimbledon Favorite Kvitova Cruises Into Birmingham Final, Rybarikova Next
- va said of the Slovak. “We’re good friends, so it’ll be a fun final. I remember our last meeting was in New Haven in a final as well.
“I know definitely she likes to play on the grass, she reached the semifinals last y...
- Svitolina Shakes Down Kerber Again In Dubai, Faces Kasatkina In Final
- a said of the match points. "I don't know, really!"
Svitolina has won both career meetings taking the 2016 New Haven and 2017 Canada. ...
- Gavrilova Out-Grinds Cibulkova for 1st Career Title at WTA New Haven
- le on Saturday, upsetting No. 2 seed Dominika Cibulkova 4-6, 6-3, 6-4 in the final of the Connecticut Open in New Haven.
"It feels pretty special to win my first tournament here," Gavrilova told the crowd afterwards. "It mean...
- Radwanska, Kvitova, Stephens, Bouchard Highlight WTA New Haven; Preview
- Aggie Radwanska defends her 2016 title from the Connecticut Open, leading a field including Slam winner Petra Kvitova and streaking American Sloane Stephens hoping to get in some last-minute match practice prior to next week's US...
- Teen Alexander Zverev Beats Stan Wawrinka's For First Career ATP Title In St. Petersburg
The 19-year-old Zverev became the first teenage winner on the ATP since 19-year-old Marin Cilic won New Haven in 2008. The German joins other teens to have won titles in recent years including Andy Murray, Rafael Nadal,...
- Serena Williams Ties Federer Record with US Open Win; Sunday Woz vs. Keys
- day in the next round and reach my first quarterfinal here."
Radwanska came into the US Open fresh off the New Haven title the previous week, but looked none worse for the wear.
"I think I was playing good tennis from the b...
- Petra Kvitova Says It's Normal For Her To Get Sick In The U.S.
"I got sick in Rio when I was staying there for a few days," Kvitova said yesterday. "I was still sick in New Haven, which is wasn't really nice, but I was happy I was playing during the night most of the time.
"So it help...
- US Open Women's Preview: Is Serena Too Old To Win? Can Kerber Claim No. 1?
- in any other quarter.
The Pick: Serena Williams
Agnieszka Radwanska Quarter
Agnieszka Radwanska just won New Haven, but her struggles in the US Open put me off making her the favorite. Instead, I'll go with former champion V...