|Former Men's Newport Tennis Champions:
2009 Rajeev Ram
2008 Fabrice Santoro
2007 Fabrice Santoro
2006 Mark Philippoussis
2005 Greg Rusedski
2004 Greg Rusedski
2003 Robby Ginepri
2002 Taylor Dent
2001 Neville Godwin
2000 Peter Wessels
1999 Chris Woodruff
1998 Leander Paes
1997 Sargis Sargsian
1996 Nicolas Pereira
1995 David Prinosil
1994 David Wheaton
1993 Greg Rusedski
1992 Bryan Shelton
1991 Bryan Shelton
1990 Pieter Aldrich
1989 Jim Pugh
1988 Wally Masur
1987 Dan Goldie
1986 Bill Scanlon
1985 Tom Gullikson
1984 Vijay Amritraj
1983 John Fitzgerald
1982 Hank Pfister
1981 Johan Kriek
1980 Vijay Amritraj
1979 Brian Teacher
1978 Bernard Mitton
1977 Tim Gullikson
1976 Vijay Amritraj
The latest Newport tournament news:
- Del Potro Beats Isner In Canada, Kyrgios Wins; Sock, Thiem Tuesday
- ng a good match against Isner."
Del Potro improves to 6-2 against Isner who had won 16 straight sets after Newport and Atlanta titles.
“He has a great serve. His movements from the baseline are getting better. It's, of ...
- Fighting Off Sets Points, Isner Wins 4th ATP Atlanta Title
- n Sunday, defeating fellow American Ryan Harrison 7-6(6), 7-6(7), his second straight title of the year after Newport.
The 32-year-old has now reached the championship in seven of the event's eight years. He improved to 12-...
- Isner Enters Record Books After 3rd ATP Newport Title
- John Isner joined Greg Rusedski and Vijay Amritraj in Newport lore by winning a third title at the Hall of Fame Championships, on Sunday in the final beating Aussie qualifier Matthew Ebden 6-3, 7-6(4).
No player has won New...
- Top-Seeded Isner in ATP Newport Quarters Today; Tennis Hall of Fame Induction Tomorrow
- All-American quarterfinal play awaits fans today at the Dell Technologies Hall of Fame Open in Newport, R.I., where on Friday top-seeded John Isner will square off against fellow American Dennis Novikov, and American Bjorn Frat...
- Dimitrov, Zverev, Estrella Burgos ATP Weekend Winners
- er Zverev, who was the first player to win singles and doubles at the same tournament since Lleyton Hewitt at Newport in 2014, and part of the first brothers pair to win a title since Andy and Jaime Murray in Tokyo in 2011.
- Emotional Muller Wins 1st ATP Title After 15 Years Trying
- ," Evans said. "I said yesterday he's got a great serve. He showed it today."
Last year at the ATP stop in Newport Muller squandered three match points in the final against Ivo Karlovic.
"The most important thing was not ...
- Ivo Karlovic Beats Feliciano Lopez To Win Los Cabos, Returns To The Top 20
- cause he does not give you many chances on his serve."
It's also Karlovic second title of the summer after Newport last month. Karlovic climbs four spots in the rankings to No. 20, his first Top 20 appearance since last fall...
- Del Potro Wins Again In Rio, Tsonga Upset, Djokovic Loses In Doubles; Murray, Nadal Return Tuesday
- nd Roberta Bautista Agut moved on with a won over Paolo Lorenzi of Italy.
The lone surprise on the day was Newport finalist Gilles Muller, who was the flagbearer from Luxembourg, sending out Jo-Wilfried Tsonga 6-4, 6-3. Tson...