The latest Osaka tournament news:
- Venus Wins, to Face Upset-Maker Konjuh; Kerber On Court Saturday at Wimbledon
- 10 seed and five-time champion Venus Williams led the sentimental charge, defeating Japan's rising star Naomi Osaka 7-6(3), 6-4, to set up a meeting with former junior No. 1 Ana Konjuh.
"She played an amazing match today,"...
- Pliskova Upset, Kerber Does Not Inspire; Venus, Azarenka Up Friday at Wimbledon
- ay at Wimbledon include former No. 1 Victoria Azarenka vs. (WC) Heather Watson, (10) Venus Williams vs. Naomi Osaka, (2) Simona Halep vs. Shuai Peng, (4) Elina Svitolina vs. Carina Witthoeft, and (8) Dominika Cibulkova vs. (2...
- Kvitova Ousted, Ants Invade Wimbledon; Seeds to be Tested Thursday
- g No. 17 Madison Keys who continues to struggle to return from wrist surgery 6-4, 6-7(10), 6-1, Japan's Naomi Osaka who won an uneven match with No. 22 Barbora Strycova 6-1, 0-6, 6-4, and China's Peng Shuai who eased by No. 2...
- Preview: Kerber, 8 of Top 10; Djokovic at Combined ATP/WTA Eastbourne
- aomi Broady, Ekatrina Makarova, Alison Riske, Alize Cornet, Julia Goerges, CiCi Bellis, Genie Bouchard, Naomi Osaka
Women's Notes: Eight of the Top 10 seeds post for the 48-player draw with 16 byes for the seeds...
- Cibulkova, Konta Lead WTA Grasscourt Debut Week; Previews
- a Konta, Anastasija Sevastova, Lauren Davis, Alison Riske, Lucie Safarova, Shelby Rogers, Mona Barthel, Naomi Osaka
Floaters: (WC) Heather Watson, Donna Vekic, (WC) Laura Robson
Notes: Konta the lone Top 10 representati...
- Sharapova, Konta Face Tough Starts at WTA Madrid; Preview
- nd Spaniards Lara Arruabarrena and Sara Sorribes Tormo...Withdrawing from the event were Petra Kvitova, Naomi Osaka, Agnieszka Radwanska, and Serena and Venus Williams...Halep beat Cibulkova in last year's final.
- Pliskova Headlines Prague, Bacsinszky Defends at Rabat; WTA Previews
- and to the fast-rising Czech teen Marketa Vondrousova...Withdrawing from the field were Mandy Minella, Naomi Osaka and Louisa Chirico...Safarova is the defending champ, beating Stosur in last year's three-set final for her t...
- 11 Things I Think I Thought About Roger Federer And The First Quarter Of 2017
- phenom to just takeover the game - sorry, it's not Eugenie Bouchard.
Madison Keys? Injury prone.
Naomi Osaka? Can't win a big match.
Just someone, because all these mid to late-20s women just aren't that good and th...