- Location: Rome, Italy
- Schedule: Sunday, May 11 - Sunday, May 18
- Begins on: Men's --Sunday, May 11 Women's -- Monday, May 12
- Draw Size: S-56 D-24
- Surface: Clay
- Prize Money: Men's -- 2,884,675 Women's -- $0
- Tournament Director: WTA Tournament Director: Sergio Palmieri
- Official Website: www.internazionalibnlditalia.com/
- TV Schedule / Rome Live Streaming
Do you like Rome?
|Former Men's Rome Tennis Champions:
2009 Rafael Nadal
2008 Novak Djokovic
2007 Rafael Nadal
2006 Rafael Nadal
2005 Rafael Nadal
2004 Carlos Moya
2003 Felix Mantilla
2002 Andre Agassi
2001 Juan Carlos Ferrero
2000 Magnus Norman
1999 Gustavo Kuerten
1998 Marcelo Rios
1997 Alex Corretja
1996 Thomas Muster
1995 Thomas Muster
1994 Pete Sampras
1993 Jim Courier
1992 Jim Courier
1991 Emilio Sanchez
1990 Thomas Muster
1989 Alberto Mancini
1988 Ivan Lendl
1987 Mats Wilander
1986 Ivan Lendl
1985 Yannick Noah
1984 Andres Gomez
1983 Jimmy Arias
1982 Andres Gomez
1981 Jose-Luis Clerc
1980 Guillermo Vilas
1979 Vitas Gerulaitis
1978 Bjorn Borg
1977 Vitas Gerulaitis
1976 Adriano Panatta
1975 Raul Ramirez
1974 Bjorn Borg
1973 Ilie Nastase
1972 Manuel Orantes
1971 Rod Laver
1970 Ilie Nastase
1969 John Newcombe
1968 Tom Okker
The latest Rome tournament news:
- 2017 French Open Men's Final Open Thread: Stan Wawrinka v Rafael Nadal
- ve met on clay. Nadal has a 6-1 win-loss record against Wawrinka on clay, with his only defeat coming at 2015 Rome-1000.
Wawrinka and Nadal are the first pair of players aged 30 or over to contest a Roland Garros final si...
- Maria Sharapova Withdraws From Grass Season, Wimbledon
- the grass this year due to a left thigh injury.
Sharapova injured her thigh in a loss to Mirjana Lucic in Rome last month, and it came on the same day of the announcement the French had denied her a wildcard into their e...
- Rafael Nadal v Stan Wawrinka In the French Open Final, Who's The Pick?
- a when Rafa has been this in-form.
Yes, there was Australia where Rafa injured himself in the warm-up. And Rome a few years ago when Nadal wasn't at his best. But now, Nadal's confidence has to be sky-high having not drop...
- Nadal Returns To French Open Final, Will Face Wawrinka Who Outlasts Murray In 5
The match started out a little shaky for the 9-time champ who had just lost to Thiem last month in Rome - Thiem won the same number of games as then, but this time over three sets.
Rafa was broken right away bu...
- Murray v Wawrinka, Nadal v Thiem; French Open SF Picks And Pans
- get a good read on that win.
However, Thiem has beaten Rafa before. And I know Rafa was a little tired in Rome, but that counts, though Rafa beat him three times prior.
The key for Thiem will be his court positioning....
- Novak Djokovic Is In Freefall
- Novak Djokovic. In fact, it's getting worse. Today, against a guy he had beaten 12 games to one last month in Rome, Djokovic all but quit after losing the first set to Dominic Thiem 7-6, 6-3, 6-0 in the French Open quarterfi...
- Djokovic Mentally Bails at French Open; Nadal, Thiem Book Semifinal
- d Djokovic's negative body language become more and more apparent as the match wore on.
Three weeks ago in Rome, Djokovic manhandled an admittedly-tired Thiem 6-1, 6-0. This time it was the Austrian's turn to turn-up a be...
- Rafael Nadal Enjoys Easiest Road Ever To French Open Semifinals
"Thiem is a tough player. I hope that I won't lose. I won in Barcelona and Madrid, but I lost to him in Rome," Nadal said. "If I play well, I hope that I will be able to book my spot in the final." ...