- Location: Rome, Italy
- Schedule: Sunday, May 11 - Sunday, May 18
- Begins on: Men's --Sunday, May 11 Women's -- Monday, May 12
- Draw Size: S-56 D-24
- Surface: Clay
- Prize Money: Men's -- 2,884,675 Women's -- $0
- Tournament Director: WTA Tournament Director: Sergio Palmieri
- Official Website: www.internazionalibnlditalia.com/
- TV Schedule / Rome Live Streaming
Do you like Rome?
|Former Men's Rome Tennis Champions:
2009 Rafael Nadal
2008 Novak Djokovic
2007 Rafael Nadal
2006 Rafael Nadal
2005 Rafael Nadal
2004 Carlos Moya
2003 Felix Mantilla
2002 Andre Agassi
2001 Juan Carlos Ferrero
2000 Magnus Norman
1999 Gustavo Kuerten
1998 Marcelo Rios
1997 Alex Corretja
1996 Thomas Muster
1995 Thomas Muster
1994 Pete Sampras
1993 Jim Courier
1992 Jim Courier
1991 Emilio Sanchez
1990 Thomas Muster
1989 Alberto Mancini
1988 Ivan Lendl
1987 Mats Wilander
1986 Ivan Lendl
1985 Yannick Noah
1984 Andres Gomez
1983 Jimmy Arias
1982 Andres Gomez
1981 Jose-Luis Clerc
1980 Guillermo Vilas
1979 Vitas Gerulaitis
1978 Bjorn Borg
1977 Vitas Gerulaitis
1976 Adriano Panatta
1975 Raul Ramirez
1974 Bjorn Borg
1973 Ilie Nastase
1972 Manuel Orantes
1971 Rod Laver
1970 Ilie Nastase
1969 John Newcombe
1968 Tom Okker
The latest Rome tournament news:
- Maria Sharapova Reportedly Won't Get A French Open Main Draw Wildcard
- play but without any wild cards, any help, but just to play."
Sharapova has also been given wildcards into Rome and Madrid. And with Serena on the sidelines the rest of the season, the WTA and women's tennis is desperate ...
- Most Clay Court Titles In Open Era? Rafael Nadal First To Reach 50!
- Open Era to win 50 clay court titles!
Nadal can add to his total in the coming weeks at Barcelona, Madrid, Rome and the French Open! Overall, Nadal now has 70 titles (far behind Connors' 109) but is now just one from tyin...
- Most Titles At An ATP Event? Rafael Nadal Is Your Leader With 10 At Monte Carlo
- Cincinnati 2005, 07, 09–10, 12, 14–15
7 Roger Federer Basel 2006–08, 10–11, 14–15
7 Rafael Nadal Rome 2005–07, 09–10, 12–13 ...
- Novak Djokovic: I'm Doing Everything I Can To Play Well
- a few more weeks of rest before a very important point defense stretch which includes a Madrid title defense, Rome finals and a French win. That's 3,600 ranking points.
Djokovic still ranks No. 2 but he was 25th entering ...
- Grigor Dimitrov Is Back In A Funk, Will He Ever Be A Consistent Winner?
- om the French Open he's done well on the clay before with two quarterfinals at Monte Carlo and a semifinal in Rome.
Luckily, with almost no points to defend other than Istanbul in the coming months, Dimitrov should at lea...
- Andy Murray: The Positive Thing For Me Is My Elbow Is Feels Better Every Day
- s maybe what's needed."
The World No. 1 will begin a massive stretch of point defenses with Madrid finals, Rome title and French final coming off the rankings.
On a side note, Murray's father-in-law Nigel Sears, who co...
- Roger Federer: I Should Be Back For The French Open, That's The Plan!
- to his plan of playing no clay lead-up events to the French Open. The Swiss has withdrawn from all Madrid and Rome - though he could still take a late wildcard - and said yesterday in Zurich where he played Andy Murray. that...
- So How Is Roger Federer Doing It?
- ourt speed! That's mental.
So what's to come? Well, Roger's on a well-earned break. Might he come back for Rome? He might if he gets the itch. Otherwise, we'll see him give it a go at the French, where again expectations ...