Stanford Tennis - 2013 Bank of the West Classic
Do you like Stanford?
The latest Stanford tournament news:
- Venus, Serena Collide For First Time Since 2009 In Charleston On Saturday; Jankovic Wins 500th Match
- ue to Thursday rain.
Top seed and World No. 1 Serena won both her matches in straight sets, beating former Stanford standout Mallory Burdette then overcoming an early break deficit to turn away Lucie Safarova.
"It was real...
- Nadal Makes Hardcourt Debut Saturday At Indian Wells; Federer Opens Title Defense; American Girls Hold Court
- oss to Ivo Karlovic while former finalist James Blake was an impressive winner. Qualifier Mallory Burdette of Stanford also got through.
2006 champion Maria Sharapova paced the top women in the third round. Joining the Russia...
- Gulbis, Errani, Niculescu, Pliskova Win ATP/WTA Titles; X-Notes
- ocking to win two Grand Slams, the Olympics and the Masters plus some other tournaments -- Serena won Madrid, Stanford, and Charleston too -- and to be still No. 3. So people are saying maybe the WTA should look at how they give...
- Maria Sharapova Confirms Split From Sasha Vujacic, Is She Single Again?
- her entourage during Wimbledon and the Olympics.
Sharapova won her third round match today easily besting Stanford's Mallory Burdette 61, 61. The former champion has lost just seven games in three matches. She'll next play c...
- Date Change Confirmed: Starting In 2015 There Will Be Three Weeks Between The French Open And Wimbledon
- endar, a change that just won't happen. Therefore, early summer events like Newport, Atlanta, Bastad, Gstaad, Stanford, Carlsbad and other circuits like World Team Tennis might be scrambling to find a new home on the ever-tighte...
- Serena, Errani, Isner, Ferrer, Tipsarevic Win Tennis Titles
- Serena Follows Wimbledon with WTA Stanford Title
Serena Williams, seemingly on a rocket train back to the No. 1 ranking, on Sunday followed her Wimbledon title with the Bank of the West title at Stanford, beating fellow Ameri...
- Top 10ers Serena, Errani, Ferrer, Tipsarevic Eye Sunday Titles
- n Serena Williams made a successful transition from the grass to the hardcourts. The former No. 1 reached the Stanford finals after decimating Sorana Cirstea 6-1, 6-2 earlier this evening. Serena, who is also the defending tourn...
- Serena Williams Back on Court; Isner at Newport; ATP/WTA Previews
Notes: Returning champs in the field are Montanes (2010) and Chardy (2009).
Bank of the West Classic
Stanford, California, USA; Surface: hard
Seeds: Serena Williams, Marion Bartoli, Dominika Cibulkova, Jelena Jankovi...