Sydney Tennis - 2014 Apia International Sydney
- Location: Sydney, Australia
- Schedule: Monday, January 6 - Saturday, January 11
- Begins on: Men's --Monday, January 6 Women's -- Sunday, January 5
- Draw Size: S-28 D-16
- Surface: Hard
- Prize Money: Men's -- $452,670 Women's -- $710,000
- Tournament Director: WTA Tournament Director: Craig Watson
- Official Website: www.apiainternational.com.au/
- TV Schedule / Sydney Live Streaming
Do you like Sydney?
|Former Men's Sydney Tennis Champions:
2009 David Nalbandian
2008 Dmitry Tursunov
2007 James Blake
2006 James Blake
2005 Lleyton Hewitt
2004 Lleyton Hewitt
2003 Hyung-Taik Lee
2002 Roger Federer
2001 Lleyton Hewitt
2000 Lleyton Hewitt
1999 Todd Martin
1998 Karol Kucera
1997 Tim Henman
1996 Todd Martin
1995 Patrick McEnroe
1994 Pete Sampras
1993 Pete Sampras
1992 Emilio Sanchez
1991 Guy Forget
1990 Yannick Noah
1989 Aaron Krickstein
1988 John Fitzgerald
1987 Miloslav Mecir (Sr.)
1985 Henri Leconte
1984 John Fitzgerald
1983 Joakim Nystrom
1982 John Alexander
1981 Tim Wilkison
1980 Fritz Buehning
1979 Phil Dent
1978 Tim Wilkison
1977 Roscoe Tanner
1976 Tony Roche
1975 Ross Case
1971 Phil Dent
The latest Sydney tournament news:
- Players To Beat Both Venus And Serena Williams In Same Tournament [Chart]
- who did it at the 2010 Rome event.
Here's the list according to the WTA:
1998 Sydney: d Serena in SFs & Venus in F
1999 Sydney: d Serena in 2r & Venus in QFs
- Del Potro Goes Down In Return, Teens Delight; Nadal, Murray, Tsonga In Action Friday In Miami
- today by Vasek Pospisil 6-4, 7-6 in the first round of the Miami Open.
Del Potro, who hasn't played since Sydney over two months ago, showed signs of rust and ineffectiveness of his surgically repaired left wrist.
- Juan Martin Del Potro: It Took 18 Months To Get Over My Right Wrist Surgery, Now The Same With The Left
- t in the last 12 months since undergoing left wrist surgery about a year ago.
The 26-year-old returned in Sydney winning two matches, showing signs of promise. But he was still not 100% confident in his left wrist, so he w...
- Juan Martin Del Potro Gets An Indian Wells Wildcard, But Will He Play?
- del Potro received a wildcard into next week's Indian Wells Masters event. The Argentine hasn't played since Sydney after undergoing a second wrist surgery in January.
Ranked No. 614, del Potro missed almost all of 2014, s...
- Juan Martin Del Potro Has Withdrawn From Australian Open
- for Grand Slam play.
After withdrawing from Brisbane, the Argentine was excited to be back on the court in Sydney where he won two matches. But with continued pain, Del Potro has decided to continue his recovery back in Arg...
- Troublemaker Troicki, Vesely, Watson Win Pre-Aussie Titles; X-Notes!
- ATP Troublemaker Troicki Back from Ban with Sydney Title in 1st All-qualifier Final
In a historic first-time all-qualifier final on tour, Serb Viktor Troicki defeated Kazakh Mikhail Kukushkin 6-2, 6-3 on Saturday for his se...
- Kvitova Enters Oz with WTA Sydney Title Under Belt
- a Kvitova enters the Australian Open on a hot streak, on Friday capturing the title at the APIA International Sydney WTA event with a 7-6(5), 7-6(6) win over unseeded fellow Czech Karolina Pliskova.
"It's always great to p...
- Del Potro Wins, Meets Car Crash Fognini Next at ATP Sydney
- mer US Open champ Juan Martin del Potro won his first appearance on tour since February of last year today at Sydney, overcoming a still-sore wrist injury to defeat Sergiy Stakhovsky 6-3, 7-6(4) at the Apia International Sydne...