The latest Tashkent tournament news:
- Hsieh Stops American Teen Anisimova for WTA Japan Open Title
- ning 17 two weeks ago, Anisimova is the youngest player to reach a WTA final since 16-year-old Donna Vekic at Tashkent in 2012 and Birmingham in 2013. ...
- Parmentier Breaks 11-Year Title Drought at WTA Istanbul
- ir lone meeting in 2011, won by Hercog in Bogota.
The No. 122-ranked Parmentier's other two titles came in Tashkent in 2007 and Bad Gastein in 2008. She is now 3-0 in career finals.
In the uneven final Parmentier had 27 un...
- Babos Adds Taiwan Open Singles to Aussie Open Doubles Title
- -old Babos improved to 3-4 in career finals, last year also losing in championship matches at Quebec City and Tashkent.
"I love indoor hard, it's my favorite surface, and I always have great support," she said. "I have a bit ...
- Istomin Ends 2-Year Drought with ATP Chengdu Title
- I was in Australia at the beginning of the season. My next tournament will be a challenger in my hometown of Tashkent and then the ATP events in Stockholm, Basel and Paris. I'm feeling fine now and will try to finish the year a...
- Peng Wins Jiangxi Open; Teens Making WTA Debut Win Doubles
- er finals, also finishing runner-up at Kuala Lumpur this year. She was looking for her first title since 2015 Tashkent.
Chinese teenagers competing in their first WTA event won the doubles final when 18-year-old Jiang Xinyu a...
- Kristyna Pliskova, Sister of US Open Finalist Karolina, Wins 1st WTA Title in Tashkent
Kristyna won her first WTA title on Saturday, defeating Nao Hibino 6-3, 2-6, 6-3 in the final of the Tashkent Open.
"I'm very happy to win my first ever WTA title," Pliskova said. "My game was not as expected, howeve...
- Surprising Nao Hibino Wins Tashkent Title In Just Her Second WTA Event
- Playing in just her second WTA event, Nao Hibino captured the WTA title in Tashkent today, beating Donna Vekic 6-2, 6-2 in the final.
The 20-year-old Hibino, who didn't lose a set all week, becomes the 10th Japanese player ev...
- Maria Sharapova Leads 7 of Top 10 In WTA Wuhan
- well in my schedule."...At last year's inaugural event Kvitova beat Bouchard in the final.
Tashkent, Uzbekistan; surface: hard
Seeds: Annika Beck, Carina Witthoeft, Polona Hercog, Johanna Larsson, Katerina ...