The latest Toronto tournament news:
- Novak Djokovic: I Had Phases Where I Was Pissed Off By What Monfils Was Doing
- llenge it poses for you?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, Kei is in form, and winning bronze in Rio, playing finals in Toronto, and winning here against Andy Murray who was in tremendous form for last couple of months.
Kei is now ver...
- Serena Williams: I Wasn't 100%, But Pliskova Played Well, She Deserved To Win
- . Actually, I am. I don't see how it's not unfair. Like, we play every single week. We play -- I have been in Toronto or Montreal or Cincinnati where I play Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
I mean, if I'm not u...
- Murray Can't Survive Gong Show, Nishikori At US Open; Stan Stops Del Potro
- was playing his first US Open since 2013.
So the final four is set and it's exactly the same as it was in Toronto where Novak Djokovic beat Gael Monfils and Nishikori knocked out Wawrinka.
The semifinals will be played F...
- Kei Nishikori: Beating Murray, It Was Great Revenge From Davis Cup
- ins tonight, will you share your thoughts on the Swiss player?
KEI NISHIKORI: Well, yeah. We just played in Toronto few weeks ago. He's been playing, you know, good tennis.
But I think it's gonna be tough match today. Delp...
- US Open Draw Preview: Can Anyone Stop A Novak Djokovic v Andy Murray Final?
- get five different players get out of this quarter. I really want to pick a Kyrgios here, but he burned me in Toronto. And one 5-set match will finish Del Potro, and Steve Johnson or Ferrer could push him that far. So with Thie...
- Andy Murray: It Was Amazing To Win A Gold Medal, But It Was Really Hard
- Murray added that he's was very happy of his decision to take the extra time off after Wimbledon and not play Toronto, and he admits now in his later years that being fresh is extremely important.
"This week is going tough f...
- Juan Martin Del Potro v Rafael Nadal, Kei Nishikori v Andy Murray; Rio Olympics Men's SF Picks And Pans
- tter in Davis Cup earlier this year.
However, after the Monfils match and with all the tennis he played in Toronto, I just don't see Nishikori being at 100%. And we know he's not the toughest guy out there anyway.
- What The Heck Is Going On With Novak Djokovic?
- much afterward, but he didn't want to get into it at the time.
Djokovic took a few weeks off, came back in Toronto refreshed and ready, but at the start again looked shaky. He didn't serve well at all, and reports cited a gi...