The latest US Open tournament news:
- Muguruza, Seeds Stretched on Cold, Windy Day at French Open; Serena, Venus Tuesday
- t Roland Garros.
No. 7 Roberta Vinci, who ended the world No. 1's quest for a Grand Slam last year in the US Open semifinals, was upended 6-1, 6-3 by the Ukraine's Kateryna Bondarenko.
Three other seeds narrowly avoided ...
- Roger Federer Withdraws From The French Open, His First Grand Slam Miss This Century
- d Garros in 2017."
It's the first time Federer will miss a Slam this century, and his first since the 1999 US Open. The iron man streak of 65 straight comes to an end.
And remember in Paris the weather isn't always back-f...
- My Early French Open Favorites: Novak Djokovic And Andy Murray Are The Guys To Beat
- nd Nadal - so he's beating the guys he should, now he needs to take it a step further like he did at the 2014 US Open.
5. Stan Wawrinka
No Top 10 wins on the season. No signs of life (he's in Geneva right now). So I don't h...
- Serena Williams Meets Madison Keys In All-American Final In Rome Sunday
- n the Rome final Sunday. It's the pair's third career meeting after wins by Serena at the 2015 Australian and US Opens.
It's also the first all-American final on the WTA since 2012 Stanford where Serena defeated CoCo Vandew...
- Roger Federer Unsure If Back Will Let Him Play French, Record Grand Slam Streak In Serious Jeopardy
- will come to an end. Federer has played in a record 65 straight Grand Slam tournaments since missing the 1999 US Open main draw after losing to countryman Ivo Heuberger in the second round of qualifying. That's every Grand Sla...
- Andy Murray Explains Split With Amelie Mauresmo And The Search For A New Coach
- nue happening, like I said, throughout the year. So after Wimbledon it was going to happen and then after the US Open."
Murray also pointed out there was much criticism when Roger Federer and Stefan Edberg ended their relati...
- Simona Halep Leads Madrid Semifinal Line-Up; Louisa Cherico Continues To Surprise
- upsets she's favored to take advantage and win her first title in over a year.
Halep will next meet former US Open champion Sam Stosur who knocked out Halep's countrywoman and qualifier Patricia Maria Tig 6-3, 6-4 to advance...
- Rod Laver: Novak Djokovic And Roger Federer Are Equals In The GOAT Debate
- is at Wimbledon," Laver said. "The tournament inspires him a tremendous amount. He can also play well at the US Open. It's definitely possible he can win another one." ...