Washington Tennis - 2014 Citi Open
- Location: Washington D.C., U.S.A.
- Schedule: Monday, July 28 - Sunday, August 3
- Begins on: Men's --Monday, July 28 Women's -- Monday, July 28
- Draw Size: S-48 D-16
- Surface: Hard
- Prize Money: Men's -- $1,399,700 Women's -- $250,000
- Tournament Director: WTA Tournament Director: Jeff Newman
- Official Website: www.citiopentennis.com
- TV Schedule / Washington Live Streaming
- Washington Tickets
Do you like Washington?
|Former Men's Washington Tennis Champions:
2009 Juan Martin Del Potro
2008 Juan Martin Del Potro
2007 Andy Roddick
2006 Arnaud Clement
2005 Andy Roddick
2004 Lleyton Hewitt
2003 Tim Henman
2002 James Blake
2001 Andy Roddick
2000 Alex Corretja
1999 Andre Agassi
1998 Andre Agassi
1997 Michael Chang
1996 Michael Chang
1995 Andre Agassi
1994 Stefan Edberg
1993 Amos Mansdorf
1992 Petr Korda
1991 Andre Agassi
1990 Andre Agassi
1989 Tim Mayotte
1988 Jimmy Connors
1987 Ivan Lendl
1986 Karel Novacek
1985 Yannick Noah
1984 Andres Gomez
1983 Jose-Luis Clerc
1982 Ivan Lendl
1981 Jose-Luis Clerc
1980 Brian Gottfried
1979 Guillermo Vilas
1978 Jimmy Connors
1977 Guillermo Vilas
1976 Jimmy Connors
1975 Guillermo Vilas
1974 Harold Solomon
1973 Arthur Ashe
1972 Tony Roche
1971 Ken Rosewall
1970 Cliff Richey
The latest Washington tournament news:
- Tsonga v Simon In Metz; Raonic Seeks First Title In A Year In Russia; Bencic Continues To Blossom
- ix years. They each have two wins apiece.
In St. Petersburg, Milos Raonic seeks his first title since 2014 Washington as he takes on Joao Sousa. Raonic is currently No. 13 in the ATP Race and his push for the year-end London ev...
- Federer, Murray Roll; Women's Upsets Continue Tuesday at US Open
- pez who topped Janko Tipsarevic 6-1 in the fifth.
The American hope Isner won Atlanta and was runner-up at Washington entering the US Open, and on Tuesday made quick work of Malek Jaziri 6-2, 6-3, 6-4.
"I've played well this...
- Novak Djokovic Is My Early US Open Favorite, Here's Why
- guess I buy into the British hype and his over-coverage in the media.
On the courts, after a shock loss in Washington, Murray looked great in Canada and played well enough in Cincinnati where I felt maybe he was running a littl...
- Andy Murray Says Loss To Roger Federer Gives Him More Days To Recover For The US Open
- revealed that he wasn't going to play Cincinnati, instead training after the Canadian, but his early loss in Washington foiled that plan.
"The plan was not to play here," Murray said of Cincinnati. "That was my plan, you know,...
- After Five Events Already This Summer, John Isner Wants To Get Away From Tennis!
- yers like Roger Federer are playing their first event of the summer, Isner's already played Newport, Atlanta, Washington, Canada and now Cincinnati, and after losing in the first round yesterday to his friend Sam Querrey, he's don...
- 6- Time Champion Roger Federer In Action Tonight In Cincinnati; Venus, Isner, Berdych Also Today
- n the better player this summer, posting an 11-2 record across the North American hard courts of Atlanta (W), Washington (F) and Montréal (QF). Querrey is 2-2 over the same stretch. Isner and Querrey have been partners far more o...
- Novak Djokovic v Andy Murray In The 2015 Montreal Final, Who's The Pick?
- ight shots at the right time."
In the evening, it figured Murray would get a real test from the hot-handed Washington champion Kei Nishikori. But it wasn't to be as Murray rolled a physically struggling Nishikori 6-3, 6-0.
- Kei Nishikori Says He Doesn't Feel Much Pressure To Win From Japan
- I have to do right now. Doing a lot of things to work hard off the court. I worked hard the two weeks before Washington.
"I think stay healthy is the most important thing for me 'cause if I can play well and if I can play eve...