The latest Wuhan tournament news:
- Upset Expert Cornet Beats Bouchard for WTA Hobart, Targets Halep
- Open after a slip and fall in the locker room, it was her first trip to a final since the 2014 Dongfeng Motor Wuhan Open.
Cornet had lost her last two meetings with the Canadian, but this time it was a rout, including the ...
- 2015 WTA Finals Singapore Groups Announced: Maria Sharapova Lands With Simona Halep
- nth from the tournament to rest for next season. Sharapova hasn't played since suffering a left arm injury in Wuhan.
The event also marks the farewell for Italian veteran Flavia Pennetta who is expected to (but might not) ...
- Garbine Muguruza After Winning Beijing With New Coach Sam Sumyk: It Can Only Get Worse From Here!
- re the Asian swing and so far it's paid off in a big way.
Two weeks ago under Sumyk she made the finals in Wuhan losing to Venus Williams. Then yesterday, she collected the biggest title of her career beating Timea Bacsins...
- US Open Champion Flavia Pennetta Returns In Beijing, Simon Halep Injured, Petra Kvitova Loses
- o, I hope to just recover and be healthy again soon.
"I felt it a little bit in Guangzhou, a little bit in Wuhan, and here was the worst."
The Romanian hopes to recover for the BNP Paribas WTA Finals.
"My first thoug...
- Venus Williams Wins 47th Career WTA Title When Muguruza Retires In Wuhan Final
- her 47th career WTA title when her opponent, Garbine Muguruza, retired down 6-3, 3-0 in the second set of the Wuhan, China final.
"I feel like everyone else on tour," Venus said. "I work hard, I do my best and as long as y...
- Venus Avenges Serena Loss, Beats F-Bombing Vinci To Reach Wuhan Final
- enged a stunning loss by sister Serena at the US Open by beating Roberta Vinci today in the semifinals at the Wuhan WTA event.
Vinci, who beat Serena at the US Open foiling the World No. 1's bid for the Calendar Slam, took...
- Defending Champion Maria Sharapova Withdraws From Beijing
- edon semifinals. After being sidelined with a leg injuring over the summer, she return to tennis this week in Wuhan but retired with the injury in her opening match against Barbora Strycova. ...
- Victoria Azarenka Says She Needs To Get Fitter And Faster
- he WTA. But a series of injuries curtailed her career and they continue to hamper her progress.
Tuesday in Wuhan, Azarenka had to retire in the second set to British qualifier Johanna Konta due to a minor leg injury.