The latest Wuhan tournament news:
- No. 1 Kerber Falls To Kvitova, Venus Ousted; Halep v Keys Thursday In Wuhan
- In the marquee match Wednesday in Wuhan, newly crowned World No. 1 Angelique Kerber fell to 2-time Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova in a 3-hour, 20-minute marathon 6-7(10), 7-5, 6-4.
Kvitova won the contest on her seventh ...
- Kerber Survives First Match As No. 1, Faces Kvitova Wednesday In Wuhan; Wozniacki v Radwanska
- opped the first then rallied to defeat France's Kristina Mladenkovic 6-7(4), 6-1, 6-4 in the opening round at Wuhan.
"Kiki was playing very well today, especially in the first set. I was trying to come back in the second,"...
- Angelique Kerber: Now That I'm No. 1, Everyone Wants To Beat Me!
- Angelique Kerber returns to tennis this week in Wuhan, China. The German comes in off her second career Grand Slam title winning the US Open. And she will also play her first match as the No. 1 player in the world! With that ...
- Karolina Pliskova: Holding The Fed Cup Final At A Neutral Site Doesn't Make Sense
- vember, doesn't like the idea.
"To be honest, I think it's I don't want to say stupid," Pliskova said from Wuhan Sunday. "For me it looks stupid because there is always the chance that it's in one country, and always the f...
- Monica Puig Couldn't Believe Mike Tyson Knew She Won Gold In Rio
- e would never believe knew who she was.
"I did see a Sports Illustrated article, Mike Tyson," Puig said in Wuhan on Sunday after losing to Roberta Vinci. "He didn't even know who won the boxing gold medal, but he knew who ...
- No Serena, But No. 1 Kerber and 8 of Top 10 at Loaded WTA Wuhan
- al of world No. 2 Serena Williams (No. 2, doesn't that sound weird?), the unfortunately-titled Dongfeng Motor Wuhan Open beginning next week will feature eight of the WTA Top 10, and 16 of the Top 18.
- Serena Williams Withdraws From WTA Asian Swing, Will She Play Again In 2016?
- or the second straight year, Serena Williams will miss the WTA Asian swing after withdrawing from next week's Wuhan event and the Beijing tournament in October due to a right shoulder injury.
"I am disappointed that I will...
- Halep Ousted By Bacsinszky In Miami QFs, 2-Time Winner Azarenka Faces Konta
- esday, 2-time winner Victoria Azarenka meets Johanna Konta. The Brit won their lone meeting last September in Wuhan via a retirement. Azarenka has won 19 of 20 matches this year including her last nine.
"We have played in ...