Stardom has hit tennis giant John Isner. The former Georgia Bulldog who gained international fame for his incredible 70-68 fifth set win over Nicolas Mahut at Wimbledon is back in the USA and the media oppurtinities are coming fast and furious.
Among Isner’s early stops this far was a Monday visit the CBS Late Show with David Letterman show in New York City where the 25-year-old showed his comedic side poking fun at himself and his epic 11-hour, 5-minute win. “Twilight” actress Kristen Stewart also appeared on the Monday show.
Ironically, in the very next round Isner lost in the shortest men’s match of the tournament, a 1-hour, 14-minute loss to Thiemo De Bakker.
Here’s the text of his Top 10 read through.
Top Ten Thoughts That Went Through John Isner’s Mind During The 11-Hour Tennis Match
10. “I’m exhausted”
9. “We’ve been playing so long, I’ve forgotten — am I Isner or Mahut?”
8. “Remember when I said I’m exhausted? That was 8 hours ago!”
7. “Wonder if I’ll be sore tomorrow”
6. “I’m gonna lay back until 51-50, then make my move”
5. “I’m asleep”
4. “Why couldn’t I have played Federer? It would have been over in 15 minutes”
2. “Honestly, I don’t care if I win or lose — I just don’t want to die”
1. Larry King has had marriages that didn’t last this long”
And here’s the video:
And here’s some more video from Isner’s Monday morning media tour. This from Good Morning America.
Also Check Out:
Watch Rafael Nadal Hit Tennis Balls on the David Letterman Show [Video]
Red Hot Serena Williams Appears On David Letterman [Video]
Serena Williams Admits She’d Lose To Andy Murray 60 60 In 5 Minutes [Video]
Novak Djokovic Appears On David Letterman Show, Says Roger Federer Is Best Dressed Player [Video]
Man in Black Rafael Nadal Makes Bacardi Appearance, Will Visit Letterman Tonight [Video]