Juan Martin Del Potro met with the tennis media earlier today at the Medibank International in Sydney.
In this press conference, the big Argentine speaks openly about his struggles last year, his premature return in the fall and his goals and outlook for the 2011 season.
”When I went here last year in Australia my goal was to be No. 1 before March. And now I think my goal is play well again,” he said.
“”After Tokyo, we take a decision to stop the season and have a good recovery and then for seven or eight weeks training hard to get be in shape for 2011.”
“I have very bad moments last year,” he said. “I had an operation, I feel very bad last year. But now I have different feelings. I am playing again.”
The “wildcard” entrant will play Feliciano Lopez in the first round.
You Might Like:
Here’s Juan Martin Del Potro Training To Rocky’s Burning Heart [Video]
Juan Martin Del Potro Is Hitting Backhands Again [Video]
Don’t Forget About Juan Martin Del Potro, He’s Practicing For A Comeback [Video]
Juan Martin Del Potro Sailing in Sydney [Video]
Novak Djokovic Crying After Loss To Juan Martin Del Potro Sunday Night In Rio [Video]