Even though he withdrew from the Rolex Monte Carlo, Novak Djokovic, who has a home in the tournament city, made himself available for the press this weekend.
Djokovic with Friday citing a bad knee injury talked about his reason from withdrawing from the Masters 1000 event. Djokovic said it was the knee, which had been bothering him the last two months, and an overall fatigue issue from his incredible start to the season.
So it certainly doesn’t sound serious or anything to worry about.
He also says that he still has a lot to prove in order to be compared with Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal. “It’s too early to talk about me taking over (Roger and Rafa) it’s just the start of the season,” he said. “I feel that there’s a lot more to prove and a lot more to win in order to be be compared with those two guys.”
Djokovic has won all four tournaments he has entered in 2011 and he’s 5-0 combined against Nadal (2) and Federer (3). Overall the Serb has won 26 straight matches including a perfect 24-0 record this season.
His next tournament will be at the Serbian Open in Belgrade starting on April 25.
You Might Like:
Del Potro Withdraws From Monte Carlo; Kyrgios, Gasquet Also Out
Roger Federer Officially Withdraws From Indian Wells, He Won’t Play Miami Either; Next Is Monte Carlo
Rafael Nadal: I Have Amazing Feelings When I Play Monte Carlo [Video]
Short On Confidence, Rafael Nadal Begins Clay Campaign In Monte Carlo [Video]
Surprise! Rafael Nadal Says Knee Is “Doing Well”